ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2592 of 2693
« First < 1592209224922542258225882589259025912592 2593259425952596260226422692 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 11:36 PM 12-25-2023
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
And Patrick got incredibly lucky on the horrible decision to throw it on the interception that was overturned. Despite this, we still could have won this game. I would still never count Patrick out in the playoffs, period. Also, we seem to be playing better on the road than at home right now...
No, MVS is a POS, and ran his man right in front of Kelce.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 11:36 PM 12-25-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
I blame the pick 6 on Nagy, Reid, and receivers not being able to get open quickly.

Nagy, and presumably Reid, have fallen in love with plays aimed at the sidelines.

Every single game they throw consecutive passes to the sidelines. Without Kelce getting open in the middle of the field, and without Reid and Nagy running slants and crossers, Mahomes has no choice but to take quick throws to the sidelines.

Defenses watch film too. All year I have been saying the pick 6 is coming, because it almost feels like that sideline throw is now the design of the offense.

Again, WTF do you people expect from Mahomes. Maybe leading the sad bunch of receivers to a ring last year was the worse thing he has done in his career. Now, jabronis and GMs alike think Mahomes only needs practice squad caliber receivers to win.
We don’t even try and throw deep.

At least take a few shots a game and see if you can draw a cheap Pass Interference.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 11:50 PM 12-25-2023
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:

At least take a few shots a game and see if you can draw a cheap Pass Interference.
Mahomes is the best QB I have ever seen.

Some act like he suddenly forgot how to play quarterback. Like I said a couple of posts ago, Mahomes watches probably hundreds of hours of film. He knows what a defender is likely to do, and therefore he knows when the received is open or not open.

In his life, from high school to college, and to two SB MVPs, Mahomes has never passed up open receivers.

In high school, college, and the NFL, Mahomes is known for throwing a lot of TD passes, and very few interceptions. He didn't suddenly forget how to spot an open receiver, and he didn't forget how to sling it while running, etc. He didn't suddenly become an INT machine because he regressed.

If his receivers were just a couple of ticks above competent, Mahomes would look so much better.

Kelce. Pop. Rice. Creed. Thuney. That's it. That is the list of players who have played NFL caliber football all year on offense. And even they have been plagued with drops, fumbles, and penalties.

That's it. Donovan Smith is worse at run blocking than OBJ was at pass blocking. Taylor is a damn joke. Trey Smith is suffering because he plays next to Taylor, and has struggled. I don't even need to talk about the receivers and tight ends not named Kelce.

I am not saying Mahomes is perfect. He makes bad decisions and bad throws. But, if he hadn't played at such a high level today, we would have lost 30-3.

The pick 6 was inevitable. The trick play so close to our end zone was a coaching decision. Trick plays always, always have a much higher risk of failure. That's why they are trick plays and not regular plays. The game situation didn't necessitate running a trick play at that point in the game, at that point on the field.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:05 AM 12-26-2023

Watched #Chiefs O & could have been worst overall game by this O in Mahomes era… 1st credit #RaidersD who out-coached & out played KC, 2nd KC was bad everywhere PM2 missed reads & throws, concepts were confusing, got manhandled upfront, etc… it’s getting late ⏰ ppl!!

— Kurt Warner (@kurt13warner) December 26, 2023

[Reply]
SHOWTIME 07:27 AM 12-26-2023
And Patrick got incredibly lucky on the horrible decision to throw it on the interception that was overturned. D
How can it be an interception if the ball hit the ground?
[Reply]
GoForIt 07:54 AM 12-26-2023
Originally Posted by SHOWTIME:
lol.Your signature is an embarrassment.
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 09:11 AM 12-26-2023
https://www.instagram.com/reel/C1Szf...F3cDA4MnU5ZTVn

People are salty
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 09:59 AM 12-26-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
No, he's not. He ran himself right into another defender in less than a second. JFC.
Are you retarded. He's 4-5 yards away. A second is eternity on a route.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 10:01 AM 12-26-2023
Originally Posted by SHOWTIME:
What part of the interception that was overturned do you not understand. It was ruled an i Tercel toon and was overturned and was a Mac Jones type of decision.
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:04 AM 12-26-2023
Are you reeruned. He's 4-5 yards away. A second is eternity on a route.

Don't think you can really tell that from an animation. Not like it's to scale. Probably not even actual speed. Or what the progression was. Or where Pat was looking in that moment. If we could see the actual play via A-22 you might have an argument.

Though considering MVS' season-long inability to catch a ball, I can't really blame Pat for not throwing at him.

edit: I'll admit I was 3 bourbons in when I wrote that stuff last night, so I was a little heated, and maybe not completely objective. But I'd still like to see the actual A-22 of the play before commenting any further about it.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:05 AM 12-26-2023
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:

We switched from a Spread Vertical attack offense to a modern West Coast offense last year. So if you are not going to throw verticals but rely on long drives and efficiency you better be efficient.

The problem is our WR room is all rookies and guys that have issues lining up, running the right routes and catching the ball.

You can’t run efficiency with guys inefficient and losing JuJu was a big blow that many didn’t acknowledge because they underrated his role beyond the yards.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 10:06 AM 12-26-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
No, MVS is a POS, and ran his man right in front of Kelce.
:-). It was a scramble on first down. He missed a guy early Olin the scramble. I think Watson and then kept trying to extend. Should have thrown it away...period. Mahomes was bad yesterday. You don't have a bunch of former NFL QBs calling him out for no reason.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:08 AM 12-26-2023
Mahomes was terrible yesterday. Not sure how that is debatable. Yes the other guys on offense weren't good either but Mahomes looked horrific.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 10:09 AM 12-26-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Don't think you can really tell that from an animation. Not like it's to scale. Probably not even actual speed. Or what the progression was. Or where Pat was looking in that moment. If we could see the actual play via A-22 you might have an argument.

Though considering MVS' season-long inability to catch a ball, I can't really blame Pat for not throwing at him.
That's exactly what I have said in my previous post. Watson also runs a great comeback timing route, it if it's the 3rd or 4th read it doesn't matter. The tweet was shallow and incorrect. That was my point.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 10:10 AM 12-26-2023
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
We switched from a Spread Vertical attack offense to a modern West Coast offense last year. So if you are not going to throw verticals but rely on long drives and efficiency you better be efficient.

The problem is our WR room is all rookies and guys that have issues lining up, running the right routes and catching the ball.

You can’t run efficiency with guys inefficient and losing JuJu was a big blow that many didn’t acknowledge because they underrated his role beyond the yards.
You can't run it if your Qb doesn't throw the ball on 3 step drops and your Oline is blocking for a 3 step drop. There's blame all around.
[Reply]
Page 2592 of 2693
« First < 1592209224922542258225882589259025912592 2593259425952596260226422692 > Last »
Up