ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1351 of 2694
« First < 35185112511301134113471348134913501351 135213531354135513611401145118512351 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
loochy 08:46 AM 12-11-2018
I just saw this in an ESPN article...pretty impressive:

http://www.espn.com/blog/kansas-city-chiefs/post/_/id/25637/ravens-success-against-patrick-mahomes-cant-easily-be-copied

Originally Posted by :

Mahomes was pressured on 33 of his 57 dropbacks Sunday, the most dropbacks under duress by any quarterback in the last 10 seasons. Mahomes was 16-of-30 when pressured for 210 yards, a touchdown and an interception.

Mahomes beat the Ravens' blitz, finishing 16-of-22 for 180 yards and a touchdown when the Ravens sent five or more pass-rushers......

I know the Ravens' D is good, but the O-line and RBs better take a long hard look at this
[Reply]
DRM08 09:03 AM 12-11-2018
Originally Posted by loochy:

http://www.espn.com/blog/kansas-city-chiefs/post/_/id/25637/ravens-success-against-patrick-mahomes-cant-easily-be-copied

I know the Ravens' D is good, but the O-line and RBs better take a long hard look at this
He has a much worse OL and much worse defense than Brees. I think that is pretty compelling evidence of Mahomes’ value compared to Brees. Average QB with the KC OL and defense would have a losing record right now. Average QB on the Saints would still have a winning record thanks to very strong OL and a solid defense.
[Reply]
RedRaider56 09:19 AM 12-11-2018

Thanks for posting. Good article
Says a lot about the resiliency of this young QB
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:26 AM 12-11-2018

Mahomes needs to improve some too. Few instances where he wasn't calling the right protections. Cover 0 seem to fluster him a bit but you can see how quickly he learns... I think he finally got the hang of it toward the end. He's young and will learn. The OL.. Not so confident they'll get better. Maybe Morse was rusty. And losing Erving hurt.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:31 AM 12-11-2018
not sure I’d place that kind of scrutiny strictly on the OL. Ravens did the cover 0 blitz over and over again and brought more blitzers than we had blockers, so it was inevitable that Mahomes would get hit, which seemed to be their plan from the get go.

Didn’t help that Watkins pussy ass was riding the bench. You need big weapons like him to help beat the blitz consistently.

Didn’t matter in the end. Andy and Pat figured out how to beat their constant blitzes (Damien Williams TD).
[Reply]
Best22 09:47 AM 12-11-2018
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Mahomes needs to improve some too. Few instances where he wasn't calling the right protections. Cover 0 seem to fluster him a bit but you can see how quickly he learns... I think he finally got the hang of it toward the end. He's young and will learn. The OL.. Not so confident they'll get better. Maybe Morse was rusty. And losing Erving hurt.
I think it’s because Chiefs/Mahomes desires 10-20 yard gains so much. Quick slants/outs would be so much more effective. But when it’s 3rd and long those plays pretty much go out the window. Mahomes practically refuses to throw short of the sticks:-)
[Reply]
RunKC 11:00 AM 12-11-2018
Yeah Pat needs to be careful about this stuff. I know he wants to make a play, but he’s subjecting himself to more hits with his style of play.

To be fair, this was bullshit. Should have been roughing the passer.
[Reply]
Lzen 11:08 AM 12-11-2018
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
I really like Shannon Sharpe Lovin Mahomes

Man, I used to hate Shannon Sharpe. But this year he's making it very hard to continue hating him. He's been all aboard the Mahomes bandwagon for awhile now.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:11 AM 12-11-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Yeah Pat needs to be careful about this stuff. I know he wants to make a play, but he’s subjecting himself to more hits with his style of play.

He was trying to win the game.

Dude just doesn't want to play for the FG.
[Reply]
O.city 11:12 AM 12-11-2018
Crown of helmet to the chest, no penalty.
[Reply]
lcarus 11:12 AM 12-11-2018
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
He's made a lot less mistakes than I expected. I'll definitely give him that. 11 INTs and a few of those were hail marys at the end of half/game and a couple others were as good as punts on 3rd down.
[Reply]
Lzen 11:13 AM 12-11-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
LOL, I thought of that too. He played that perfectly.

The only qualm I had was at the end of regulation where he just ran it to kick the FG, but even with that, it wasn't like he was playing for a 50 plus yarder. It was what, 42? ****ing make it.
I agree. I mean, I don't even have a problem with trying to run it there. The problem was that we went to a heavy formation. Why not just stick with your normal spread formations and run out of that? Why not try to get a TD? There was plenty of time.
[Reply]
Best22 11:16 AM 12-11-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:

Mahomes plays to win. Fear is not in his vocabulary
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 11:20 AM 12-11-2018
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Man, I used to hate Shannon Sharpe. But this year he's making it very hard to continue hating him. He's been all aboard the Mahomes bandwagon for awhile now.
Since day 1. He gushes all over him and our offense every Sunday night on Primetime Live (I think that's what the show is called) with Deion and LaDainian.
[Reply]
O.city 11:20 AM 12-11-2018
Originally Posted by Lzen:
I agree. I mean, I don't even have a problem with trying to run it there. The problem was that we went to a heavy formation. Why not just stick with your normal spread formations and run out of that? Why not try to get a TD? There was plenty of time.
They were inside of 45 yards for a FG, I get playing that one close to the chest.

I would have liked to have seen them throw a quick out or something to get another 5 or 6 yards but in that situation, make the damn FG and be done with it.
[Reply]
Page 1351 of 2694
« First < 35185112511301134113471348134913501351 135213531354135513611401145118512351 > Last »
Up