ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 20 of 200
« First < 101617181920 212223243070120 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****2018-2019 Official NBA Regular season thread****
dirk digler 05:23 PM 10-16-2018
Didn't see anybody starting this thread so I guess I will.

Anti climatic season starts tonight and my prediction is GS vs Boston in the NBA Finals.

First 2 Games tonight on TNT with Philly vs Boston and OKC vs GS. Westbrook is out tonight so that game will be a blowout most likely.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 11:05 PM 03-06-2019
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:

The greatest player in basketball history passes the alleged greatest scorer in points in just his age 34 season. He will shatter every record in the books before he's done. This is just the beginning.
In a season where he's going to miss the playoffs..
[Reply]
-King- 11:21 PM 03-06-2019

The greatest player in basketball history passes the alleged greatest scorer in points in just his age 34 season. He will shatter every record in the books before he's done. This is just the beginning.
I guess when the "he makes everybody better and players love to play with him " narrative dies, you have to go when the old reliable stats talk.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:27 PM 03-06-2019
I love me some Jebron Lames...
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:35 PM 03-06-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
I guess when the "he makes everybody better and players love to play with him " narrative dies, you have to go when the old reliable stats talk.
The Lakers being a bunch of scrubs who don't fit with LeBron has been obvious since Magic signed them all in the summer for no good reason. Whether their season ended before the playoffs or in the 1st round of the playoffs, it was always going to end earlier than LeBron is accustomed to. This, of course, is the year to suck anyway with the Warriors winning one more title before Durant (likely) bolts again to get back his legacy.

Seems LeBron will finally get some much needed rest in a summer after carrying his NBA/Olympic teams for nearly a decade and a half. Just in time to film Space Jam 2.
[Reply]
Trent Green GOAT 11:40 PM 03-06-2019
The Lakers being a bunch of scrubs who don't fit with LeBron has been obvious since Magic signed them all in the summer for no good reason. Whether their season ended before the playoffs or in the 1st round of the playoffs, it was always going to end earlier than LeBron is accustomed to. This, of course, is the year to suck anyway with the Warriors winning one more title before Durant (likely) bolts again to get back his legacy.

Seems LeBron will finally get some much needed rest in a summer after carrying his NBA/Olympic teams for nearly a decade and a half. Just in time to film Space Jam 2.
All those one year deal vets? Ya, lebron absolutely had THE say when the Lakers signed those guys. Acting like he has no control over roster moves is so disingenuous.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:41 PM 03-06-2019
Originally Posted by Trent Green GOAT:
All those one year deal vets? Ya, lebron absolutely had THE say when the Lakers signed those guys. Acting like he has no control over roster moves is so disingenuous.
I expect LeBron wanted Paul George and Kawhi Leonard, not Lance Stephenson and Rajon Rondo. :-)
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:45 PM 03-06-2019
LeBron is currently on the floor with some guys named Alex Caruso, Jonathan Williams, Moe Wagner, and Josh Hart. :-) Better than 50/50 chance that none of those guys will even be in the league in two years.
[Reply]
Trent Green GOAT 11:56 PM 03-06-2019
LeBron is currently on the floor with some guys named Alex Caruso, Jonathan Williams, Moe Wagner, and Josh Hart. :-) Better than 50/50 chance that none of those guys will even be in the league in two years.
He'll get Anthony Davis next year. So what will the expectations be then?
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:01 AM 03-07-2019
Depends what the Warriors look like.

Also, Boston is going to try to trade their entire roster for AD I expect, so we'll see.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:02 AM 03-07-2019
Not one, not two, not three...
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 12:17 AM 03-07-2019
If you couldn't get another superstar it was smart just to sign a bunch of one year vets to keep cap space. No need to over pay for some long term albatross. Be interesting to see if Kyrie wants to be Lebron's bitch in LA or Durant's bitch in NYC.
[Reply]
-King- 12:50 AM 03-07-2019

I thought LeBron makes scrubs better?

This is confusing.
[Reply]
-King- 12:54 AM 03-07-2019
I expect LeBron wanted Paul George and Kawhi Leonard, not Lance Stephenson and Rajon Rondo. :-)
That makes no sense. Why would PG want to go back to OKC when he could have played with LeBron? Every player wants to play with him! And I bet Kawhi us just chomping at the bit to leave Toronto and join him next year.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 06:48 AM 03-07-2019
After reading a lot of basketball pages could Lebron get elected to a city dog catcher these days? Damn.....
nobody likes that dude.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 07:01 AM 03-07-2019
Since we’re comparing MJ and JeBrony at age 34:

Lebron this year; 10th seed in the West, 5 games under .500, missing some games for various issues, averaging 27 PPG, shooting 67% from the charity stripe.

Jordan in his age 34 season; best record in the East and running away leading his team to their second straight title in yet another 3-peat, played in all 82 games, averaged 30 PPG, making 83% from the charity stripe.

But congrats Bronny on passing Jordan on the all time scoring list in 117 more games. It was nice of Jordan to take those nearly 2 years off from basketball in a decade of dominance to allow you to do that.

That Jordan, he’s a giver . . . . .
[Reply]
Page 20 of 200
« First < 101617181920 212223243070120 > Last »
Up