ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 11
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos trade for QB Zach Wilson
wazu 12:30 PM 04-22-2024

🚨 🚨 🚨

Former #Jets starting QB and No. 2 pick Zach Wilson is on the move. Sources say he’s being traded to the #Broncos, hoping for a fresh start.

The deal includes a late-round pick swap (6th for a 7th) and NYJ will pay some of Wilson’s roughly $5.5M salary. pic.twitter.com/7Y1KShZ3sg

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 22, 2024

[Reply]
Megatron96 01:24 PM 04-22-2024
Originally Posted by wazu:
Would not be surprised at all if the plan is to make him the starter. If he works, then it's a brilliant turnaround Payton is a genius again. If it fails miserably the Broncos finish this tank job they seem to be working on and pick top 5 next year. With Zach Wilson I don't think there is a lot of middle ground.

Either Stidham/Wilson will likely begin the season as the starter, while whoever they draft will take the season/most of the season to learn the ropes. Stidham/Wilson whoever ends up winning the 'starting' job, will be just a placeholder for whoever they end up drafting. I mean, based just on compensation and what they're paying Wilson, that seems fairly obvious.
[Reply]
Bowser 01:24 PM 04-22-2024
Originally Posted by ModSocks:
Instantly the best Qb they have.
...yet still

[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 01:25 PM 04-22-2024
The glory is just beautiful.
[Reply]
wazu 01:26 PM 04-22-2024
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Either Stidham/Wilson will likely begin the season as the starter, while whoever they draft will take the season/most of the season to learn the ropes. Stidham/Wilson whoever ends up winning the 'starting' job, will be just a placeholder for whoever they end up drafting. I mean, based just on compensation and what they're paying Wilson, that seems fairly obvious.
Doesn't seem that obvious to me. Zach Wilson is still a developmental prospect at best. If the Broncos believed they were going to come out of the draft with a QBOTF I doubt they would be making this move.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:30 PM 04-22-2024
This prooooooobably isn’t going to go anywhere but he does have talent. He was also dotting us tf up back in week 4.

I think I’d rather they didn’t make this move.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 01:41 PM 04-22-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I wonder if they are acknowledging they won't be able to get a QB they want in the draft.
When Bo Nix is your realistic “best case option”… that’s not a very good situation to be in.

All of those fluke wins they amassed last season by getting 4+ turnovers… coming back to haunt them now with their draft position… and with limited resources to move up.
[Reply]
neech 01:44 PM 04-22-2024
Zach Wilson is pure trash, I watched many games where I would be hoping he would improve but he's just trash I'm telling you.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:50 PM 04-22-2024
Rofl

Why would u trade anything for this turd
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:51 PM 04-22-2024
Doesn't seem that obvious to me. Zach Wilson is still a developmental prospect at best. If the Broncos believed they were going to come out of the draft with a QBOTF I doubt they would be making this move.

So your contention is that somehow Sean Payton thinks that Zach Wilson is really the 2nd-coming of Drew Brees?

Sure, that sounds reasonable.

Sean Payton has always been a good if not great evaluator of offensive talent. I doubt he's watched Zach's tape and said to himself "yeah, this guy is really a HOFer!!!" I get that people want to hate on DEN. But Payton isn't Adam Gase or Nat Hackett.
[Reply]
crispystl 01:53 PM 04-22-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I wonder if they are acknowledging they won't be able to get a QB they want in the draft.
I just assume they're throwing numbers at it but I shouldn't give them the benefit of the doubt at this point.
[Reply]
crispystl 01:54 PM 04-22-2024
Originally Posted by neech:
Zach Wilson is pure trash, I watched many games where I would be hoping he would improve but he's just trash I'm telling you.
The only time I've ever seen him look serviceable was when he played us last year. Which is odd because our defense was ****ing good.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 01:59 PM 04-22-2024
Wilson is just the next in a long line of nobody/never will be QB’s for that franchise.
[Reply]
MagicHef 01:59 PM 04-22-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Rofl

Why would u trade anything for this turd
Because the other options are Ben DiNucci and Jarrett Stidham.
[Reply]
wazu 02:03 PM 04-22-2024
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
So your contention is that somehow Sean Payton thinks that Zach Wilson is really the 2nd-coming of Drew Brees?

Sure, that sounds reasonable.

Sean Payton has always been a good if not great evaluator of offensive talent. I doubt he's watched Zach's tape and said to himself "yeah, this guy is really a HOFer!!!" I get that people want to hate on DEN. But Payton isn't Adam Gase or Nat Hackett.
I don't know for sure. You could be right, but Payton has made some head-scratching decisions. If they feel, for example, that Penix is going to be a guy they get in the draft, and they have Stidham to be opening day starter, why invite the circus of a Zach Wilson trade? He has to at least believe there is talent there and some possibility that he can be the one to turn it all around. Or maybe they really do think Zach Wilson represents some kind of veteran depth. Feels like we're all kind of guessing.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:09 PM 04-22-2024
I don't know for sure. You could be right, but Payton has made some head-scratching decisions. If they feel, for example, that Penix is going to be a guy they get in the draft, and they have Stidham to be opening day starter, why invite the circus of a Zach Wilson trade? He has to at least believe there is talent there and some possibility that he can be the one to turn it all around. Or maybe they really do think Zach Wilson represents some kind of veteran depth. Feels like we're all kind of guessing.

meh. I can't remember a HC that didn't occasionally make a bad decision or two over the course of a long career. Andy drafted Skyy Moore. Shit happens.

Iirc, Wilson has the better arm of the two, and Stidham isn't mobile, is that right? Well, what does Payton like in his offenses? QBs with decent arms and some mobility. Also, iirc, Stidham is the better pocket passer.

If I remembered those things correctly, well, it looks to me that Wilson is a cheap roll of the dice that he might somehow take to Sean's offensive scheme and coaching and might beat out the rather pedestrian Stidham for the interim starting QB job. If not, he can still be there as QB3 in case someone gets injured. Or if the drafted QB doesn't work out.

I mean, I could be wrong as well. Just saying, based on the evidence, that's what it looks like to me, that's all.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 11
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up