ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Do you approve or disapprove of The Trade? Why?
I approve of the trade and am thrilled about Patrick Mahomes. 284 81.61%
I approve of the trade, even through I would’ve preferred Deshaun Watson over Patrick Mahomes. 29 8.33%
I approve of the trade, even through I would’ve preferred Deshone Kizer over Patrick Mahomes. 0 0%
I approve of the trade, even through I would’ve preferred a QB other than Watson/Kizer over Patrick Mahomes. 1 0.29%
I approve of the trade, even through I would’ve preferred a non-QB over Patrick Mahomes. 1 0.29%
I disapprove of the trade because it was too much to pay even though I like Mahomes. 6 1.72%
I disapprove of the trade because I don’t think Mahomes is that good. 1 0.29%
I disapprove of the trade because I think we could get more value out of the three picks we gave up. 3 0.86%
I disapprove of the trade because we have greater needs than quarterback. 2 0.57%
I disapprove of the trade because I think Mahomes would have been available at 27. 4 1.15%
I have no idea what to think. 4 1.15%
I’m not going to vote because in the future I will change my opinion to make myself look smart. 2 0.57%
I'm still fixated that we drafted Blackledge over Marino. 11 3.16%
Voters: 348. You may not vote on this poll
Page 15 of 16
« First < 51112131415 16 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Approval/Disapproval of The Trade.
Rain Man 08:06 PM 04-27-2017
If you don't know what The Trade is, just go away.

What do you think? This is a public poll, because we're going to come back in five years and revisit this day.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:06 PM 01-01-2018
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
In all honesty, this was a utter and complete steal.

After the Bears gave up picks this year and next, just to move up ONE spot, I figured the Chiefs would need to give up all of their 2017 Comp picks and a 2 next year.

But a late 3rd and a most likely, a late 1st next year? No brainer.

Buffalo is dumb.

The Chiefs will most likely, move up and down tomorrow, as they have the ammo. This team was never going to draft 10 guys, as there isn't room on the roster but they're in a prime position to land a OLBer, ILBer, RB, CB and guard.

It's going to be a fantastic draft.
Stealing Ragland for a 2019 4th Round Pick was the icing on the cake of the 2017 acquisitions.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:08 PM 01-01-2018
Next year's 1st and a 3 this year, in which the Chiefs have two 3's, is a drop in the bucket.

With 10 picks, trade ups were a certainty, because there aren't 10 roster spots available.
A+.

I pegged Mahomes in January and couldn't be happier with the selection.
Uh, yep
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:09 PM 01-01-2018
Originally Posted by Mr. Laz:
If we win the super bowl and pick 32.

if not the value gets worse with each slot our pick goes higher.

I'm ok with selecting Mahomes, I really am.

Value wasn't good though. At the very least, we shouldn't have had to give up that extra 3rd round pick this year.

Whatever, nobody wants to hear it.

Enjoy the QB selection.
Laz

:-)
[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:15 PM 01-01-2018
The trade valus was about average, but hell you're 100% fine doing it when you get a QB for the next 15 years.

While I am sure Buffalo is thrilled to be a playoff team this year, they are going to majorly regret not taking Mahomes or Watson.
[Reply]
bigjosh 10:18 PM 01-01-2018
Dane is the truth sayer in this thread. :-)
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:40 PM 01-01-2018
Originally Posted by bigjosh:
Dane is the truth sayer in this thread. :-)
I'm a bit disappointed in the lack of "butt fucking morons" comments
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:35 AM 01-02-2018
Clay looking foolish as usual.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:28 PM 01-02-2018
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Old timers: when was the last time CP had this much consensus on a draft pick or trade?

DJ
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 03:35 PM 01-07-2018
My attitude and take was simply, "take who you want, but step your ass up and TAKE ONE".
[Reply]
Molitoth 04:46 PM 01-07-2018
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I'm reviewing the poll results and I come to the conclusion that a majority of Chiefs fans approve of The Trade.

Just thought I'd close the loop on this.
Yikes rainman, you initially ended up in the same small group as tiger.
[Reply]
Pablo 04:52 PM 01-07-2018
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
Truly terrible company.
[Reply]
Rain Man 05:22 PM 01-07-2018
Well, I'll confess that I wish my vote was different today. In my defense, I recognized the risk in this post earlier in the thread: http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showt...8#post12844068

My dissenting vote was really questioning whether the Chiefs could have picked up another QB with their original pick (and that would've been Kizer given how the draft turned out), and then added a first and third round pick to the roster in addition. We'll see in the long run how it shakes out, but Mahomes is looking a lot better than Kizer right now. The Bills ended up drafting a CB and SS with their 2017 picks, which wouldn't have gone over well in Chiefsland.

The Mahomes pick is truly a franchise saver at this point. If he wasn't picked (or at least some quarterback wasn't picked), times would be be quite dire around here.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 05:25 PM 01-07-2018
It's time...
[Reply]
Molitoth 05:27 PM 01-07-2018
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
The Mahomes pick is truly a franchise saver at this point. If he wasn't picked (or at least some quarterback wasn't picked), times would be be quite dire around here.
True. If Mahomes wasn't in the fold, I wouldn't care about the Chiefs future whatsoever. I would have totally severed my fandom just like I did in 2011-2012. (Gave up our Front row Season tickets after 22 years).
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:42 PM 01-07-2018

Wow that drops RainMan's opinions down in my rankings. Thought he was smarter than that.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 16
« First < 51112131415 16 >
Up