ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 17
< 123 456713 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2018-19 Missouri Tigers Basketball Thread****
'Hamas' Jenkins 05:47 PM 04-16-2018
After a surprising, disappointing, exciting, and depressing 2017-18 that both began and ended in typical Mizzou fashion, the Tigers begin the offseason with several holes in the roster and one major recruiting target remaining.

Losses from 2017-18:
Michael Porter Jr, SF
Jordan Barnett, SF
Kassius Robertson, SG

Returning Starters:
Jontay Porter, SF/PF
Kevin Puryear, PF
Jeremiah Tilmon, F/C

Returning Role Player:
Reed Nikko

Injured Role Players:
Cullen Van Leer
Mitchell Smith

Returning Suicide Vest:
Jordan Geist

Spoiler!

[Reply]
dlphg9 08:58 AM 05-30-2018
If we are able to keep Jontay for next year it's basically like getting a surprise top 10 recruit. He's gonna be damn good next year.
[Reply]
Chazno 09:00 AM 05-30-2018
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Well I saw a tweet saying Porter has cancelled a visit with a team and is planning on returning. Let's hope that's true!
If you are talking about Michael Porter, he signed with an agent. He can't come back.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/colle...5206946ce.html
[Reply]
Rudy tossed tigger's salad 09:28 AM 05-30-2018
^ obviously he is talking about Jontay
[Reply]
OKchiefs 10:47 AM 05-30-2018
Originally Posted by Rudy tossed tigger's salad:
^ obviously he is talking about Jontay
Yeah, realized after I posted that I didn't specify which Porter, but I think it's pretty clear which one I was talking about.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 12:58 PM 05-30-2018

pic.twitter.com/X5OPQ7zEyA

— Mizzou Basketball (@MizzouHoops) May 30, 2018

[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:11 PM 05-30-2018
He's back.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 01:57 PM 05-30-2018
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
He's back.
Well that raises the ceiling of next year's team from about 14 to 22 wins, IMO.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 02:04 PM 05-30-2018
We're still lacking at PG and with proven scoring options, but our front court should be a strength. I think 20 wins and a return to the NCAA tournament are reasonable expectations. Let's just hope we don't have any more knuckleheads transferring right before the season, or any more of players letting down their teammates by driving drunk right before the tournament.
[Reply]
patteeu 02:08 PM 05-30-2018
That's great. I hope he improves his NBA appeal as a reward for this.
[Reply]
gblowfish 03:00 PM 05-30-2018
That's good. Good for Mizzou, good for the kid. Win Win.
[Reply]
Mizzou_8541 04:22 PM 05-30-2018
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Jontay isn’t gone, yet.
Good call, Pitt!
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 05:30 PM 05-30-2018
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
We're still lacking at PG and with proven scoring options, but our front court should be a strength. I think 20 wins and a return to the NCAA tournament are reasonable expectations. Let's just hope we don't have any more knuckleheads transferring right before the season, or any more of players letting down their teammates by driving drunk right before the tournament.

Don’t forget consistently harassing and assaulting women...

Big return for Mizzou. Hope they find a way to get Jordan Lathon - 6-4 combo guard - on board. That would give them enough depth at the G position to really take advantage of the great interior combo.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 06:04 PM 05-30-2018
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Don’t forget consistently harassing and assaulting women...

Big return for Mizzou. Hope they find a way to get Jordan Lathon - 6-4 combo guard - on board. That would give them enough depth at the G position to really take advantage of the great interior combo.
Not sure they’re even recruiting him, which I don’t get.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 07:24 AM 05-31-2018
This is interesting:

Braun a late addition for Mizzou

Originally Posted by :
Parker Braun has seen his recruitment take off this spring. The 6-foot-8 forward (Blue Valley Northwest/MoKan) has added offers from Arizona, Illinois, LSU, Ole Miss and Nebraska. But in the end, the pull of following family tradition was too strong.

Braun has committed to Missouri as a preferred walk-on for 2018. Braun’s mother, Lisa Sandbothe, is a former Miss Show-Me basketball winner and played for the Tigers from 1988-91. Lori and Mike Sandbothe, Braun’s aunt and uncle also played hoops for the Tigers.
Originally Posted by :
The decision came after visits to Illinois and Nebraska and interest from Vanderbilt and Ohio State. Missouri has told Braun he will go on scholarship after one year as a walk on.
Originally Posted by :
Rivals.com analyst Eric Bossi wrote recently: “Braun has good size, is a good athlete and has an expanding skill set and range as a jump shooter. He plays hard and he has won big on the high school level -- two time state champ at Blue Valley Northwest -- while also playing for one of top summer teams in MoKan Elite. He does need to add strength and continue to build on his overall skill level, but his biggest asset right now is is energy and activity. Schools feel like he can come in and play some minutes early because of that energy and that they can develop him into a reliable upperclassman.”

[Reply]
Simply Red 08:07 AM 05-31-2018
I'm shocked about Porter - but I think it's the right move - he needs to develop more - I'm shocked due to his vulnerability to injury. I'd go get that money while I can.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 17
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up