ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 106 of 459
« First < 65696102103104105106 107108109110116156206 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Bushwood Country Club Lounge***
smittysbar 11:49 AM 05-11-2008
Okay, here is a place for the Golfers to talk about tournaments, clubs, swing help or thoughts.

Today is the Players Championship, which I think ought to be the 5th Major. Largest pot in the PGA. The daunting 17th, which seems to bring excitement every year. At least we will get to see Sergio blow up yet again.

I am ready to see some water balls!
[Reply]
007 03:40 AM 07-14-2009
Don't know if this has ever been posted but it seems like a very good video. Considering my swing sucks ass, I will be practicing this all week.

:-)27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" id="videojugplayer">
Practice Drills: How To Perform The Perfect Golf Swing

http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-...ect-golf-swing
[Reply]
Lono 09:34 AM 07-14-2009
Played in a two day calcuta tourney this weekend. Partner backed out on me friday night. Picked up a guy who hadnt played in over a year. shot 5 over the first day to get in C flight. Then shot a 68 the next day to win flight and calcutta. Nice payday considering we bought ourselves for $20. They added an extra flight so lost 160 bucks when that happened.
[Reply]
Great Expectations 09:21 AM 07-16-2009
Is anybody playing in the McGladrey Team Championship?

http://teamchamp.pgalinks.com/index....ut_partnership
[Reply]
smittysbar 10:29 PM 07-19-2009
Just redid an old scotty, went all black with white and yellow lettering, took me forever...........now only if I was right handed :-)

[Reply]
smittysbar 10:34 PM 07-19-2009
Smokes are way to high for turtles to start bumming :-)

[Reply]
BWillie 10:38 PM 07-19-2009
Originally Posted by Guru:
Don't know if this has ever been posted but it seems like a very good video. Considering my swing sucks ass, I will be practicing this all week.

:-)27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" id="videojugplayer">
Practice Drills: How To Perform The Perfect Golf Swing

http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-...ect-golf-swing
Are there any pro's honestly that use the baseball grip? Jason Zubiak doesn't count
[Reply]
smittysbar 11:13 PM 07-19-2009
Originally Posted by BWillie007:
Are there any pro's honestly that use the baseball grip? Jason Zubiak doesn't count
I don't think there is
[Reply]
BWillie 11:16 PM 07-19-2009
Originally Posted by smittysbar:
I don't think there is
I mean Ian Woosnam is like leprechaun height and I don't think he even does
[Reply]
smittysbar 11:29 PM 07-19-2009
Originally Posted by BWillie007:
I mean Ian Woosnam is like leprechaun height and I don't think he even does
Yeah, I couldn't imagine this day and age someone making that far without someone changing it.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:37 PM 07-19-2009
Originally Posted by smittysbar:
Smokes are way to high for turtles to start bumming :-)

LOL that is hilarious. Better watch out, Peta might go nuts if they see that. Good thing your head the head is cut out of the person holding it.
[Reply]
smittysbar 11:49 PM 07-19-2009
It's okay, he read the surgeon generals warning before deciding to have a smoke
[Reply]
PastorMikH 02:33 PM 07-23-2009
Put together my own Irons this week. Ordered the components to build some Taylormade R7 Clone Irons from www.golf-components.com last week. The parts came in monday and were ready to play tuesday morning. Total bill was about $110. Heads were $65 for 3-9,PW,SW,LW. Shafts were cheap Apollo brand, but got them for less than $25. Grips, I went with the Golf Pride Tour Wraps.

I started off by using redneck engineering to find the spine on the shafts (shaft supported at the ends with a 10lb barbell weight in the middle, turning the shaft, and measuring the point with the least flex), put the spine pointing where I aim. Then, used 2 different formulas for determining the shaft legnth I needed (measured to finger tips and wrists - both charts agreed on the legnth), then cut the shafts to legnth using the instructions that came with the shafts for regular flex. Gripped the shafts, then put the heads on with beaded epoxy.

I am loving having clubs that actually fit me though they weigh quite a bit more than my old Ping Zing Clones. It's taking a bit to get used to the weight difference on the Wedge, which has cost me strokes this week - though I'm starting to get the feel for it. Kinda cool playing with clubs I put together myself. Friend of mine has some genuine Taylormade Burner irons, he hit these and said he was really impressed with them and that they were very comparable to his.

Shot 3 over par (9 holes) from the championship tees my second round with them.

[Reply]
Skip Towne 02:45 PM 07-23-2009
Originally Posted by PastorMikH:
Put together my own Irons this week. Ordered the components to build some Taylormade R7 Clone Irons from www.golf-components.com last week. The parts came in monday and were ready to play tuesday morning. Total bill was about $110. Heads were $65 for 3-9,PW,SW,LW. Shafts were cheap Apollo brand, but got them for less than $25. Grips, I went with the Golf Pride Tour Wraps.

I started off by using redneck engineering to find the spine on the shafts (shaft supported at the ends with a 10lb barbell weight in the middle, turning the shaft, and measuring the point with the least flex), put the spine pointing where I aim. Then, used 2 different formulas for determining the shaft legnth I needed (measured to finger tips and wrists - both charts agreed on the legnth), then cut the shafts to legnth using the instructions that came with the shafts for regular flex. Gripped the shafts, then put the heads on with beaded epoxy.

I am loving having clubs that actually fit me though they weigh quite a bit more than my old Ping Zing Clones. It's taking a bit to get used to the weight difference on the Wedge, which has cost me strokes this week - though I'm starting to get the feel for it. Kinda cool playing with clubs I put together myself. Friend of mine has some genuine Taylormade Burner irons, he hit these and said he was really impressed with them and that they were very comparable to his.

Shot 3 over par (9 holes) from the championship tees my second round with them.

Do you play Clinton's course? What's it like?
[Reply]
PastorMikH 03:06 PM 07-23-2009
Originally Posted by Skip Towne:
Do you play Clinton's course? What's it like?
Been walking it 3-4 mornings a week all summer.

Its not bad overall. Front nine has been closed since last fall. The city has sunk over half a mill into renovations on the front nine. Should be pretty nice in a couple of years. City manager keeps telling people it should be open anytime. The poor greenskeeper that's taking care of the front 9 is working his tail off but grass only grows so fast no matter what you do to it.

4 of the 18 holes actually play over the Washita river and the river comes into play on 3-4 more. The course is a decent challenge, fairly flat, but still has plenty of hazzards to run my penalty stroke count up.
[Reply]
kstater 05:27 PM 07-23-2009
Awsome, Pastor. I buy my knockoffs and have a local guy put them together for me. Just got back from playing. Played pretty lights out. 3 over 38 front nine, including a double due to hitting OB. 4(2 3 putts, but one 50 footer for birdie) over on the back, have 3 holes left, had to leave due to a couples tourney starting. Will finish in the morning.
[Reply]
Page 106 of 459
« First < 65696102103104105106 107108109110116156206 > Last »
Up