ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 140 of 163
« First < 4090130136137138139140 141142143144150 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Hunting type things.....
Iowanian 02:27 PM 10-02-2003
Its fall. Bow season has opened in at least Missouri and Iowania. I thought we could discuss related topics. Tips, braggin', near misses....

relay your hunting stories, pics and tips here.

anti hunting types.....find another corner to squat in.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 08:55 PM 11-01-2018
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
No shit... Like I tell my son, I know YOU know what you're doing, you're safe, but I'm more afraid of the other morons out there who think a rifle and a stand make them a hunter. While we chart-out every stand on the property on Google maps, we also have a sheet for every stand, no-shoot zones clearly marked, and we don't F around AT ALL.

We start at home with learning the rifle and the hunting process, take it to the range, study and walk the property plenty before the season, and we have fewer questions on game day.

While they gain a skill (you hunt, you know what I mean), I gain even more time with my own son, away from the pressure of our hockey team, and in the great outdoors. And he gets to drive the Mule and the big-red-truck around the farm, so he's giddy.
You're taking all the fun out of hunting. I just grab an 18 pack in my left hand and cradle about 4 rifles/shotguns in my right and head for the truck to shoot shit from the highway.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:57 PM 11-01-2018
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
He should be happy at this point
He's crazy happy. He (we) got a weekend off of hockey, some great dad time, some great fellowship with a great farmer, got to drive the Chevy (and the Mule), harvested a deer, took a late night walk between the fields with nothing but moonlight, got to split wood with a log splitter, and so much more. Yeah, he's happy, but we all want a new scope. AND HE'S NOT GETTING MINE.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:00 PM 11-01-2018
Funny story. I get this text and pic from him while we were hunting last weekend, and it read "Look, two does."

I keep telling him those dark deer that moo are very tasty. Ha!

Sent from my 9+ using Tapatalk
[Reply]
ptlyon 09:01 PM 11-01-2018
Good deal man! Enjoy these times...
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:16 PM 11-01-2018
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Good deal man! Enjoy these times...
I do man, I do.. From diving, to coaching him in hockey (even though we have a goalie coach that owns him during practice), to hunting and shooting, to scouting, I don't waste a minute.
[Reply]
Delaney37 10:04 PM 11-01-2018
He's crazy happy. He (we) got a weekend off of hockey, some great dad time, some great fellowship with a great farmer, got to drive the Chevy (and the Mule), harvested a deer, took a late night walk between the fields with nothing but moonlight, got to split wood with a log splitter, and so much more. Yeah, he's happy, but we all want a new scope. AND HE'S NOT GETTING MINE.

Good for you and your son. Those are some of my fondest memories, times spent with my Dad, Grandpa and my uncles.
[Reply]
2bikemike 06:35 PM 11-14-2018
Thought I would share my first deer with the Planet. Shot on Monday up in Northern Missouri
Attached: 18409.jpg (97.8 KB) 
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 06:40 PM 11-14-2018
Originally Posted by 2bikemike:
Thought I would share my first deer with the Planet. Shot on Monday up in Northern Missouri
Awesome!!!! I see 9 points there?
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:49 PM 11-14-2018
:-):-):-):-)

Great job man. We're not able to make it back out until Sunday after a campout weekend and morning hockey game, but Sunday evening and Monday morning/evening we'll see if there's anything left. Lord knows they've had a good year at the farm where we hunt.

[Reply]
2bikemike 07:01 PM 11-14-2018
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Awesome!!!! I see 9 points there?
He has a goofy rack it measured up to 153 inches and 13 points in total. Weighed in at 275 Lbs. It was windy and cold and I saw him at about 6:30 in the morning locked on some doe. I passed on him because of the rack. But I won't lie I did think I could shoot him and get out of the cold. But no I was a dumbass and sat in that stand for about 8 more hours freezing and didn't see a single deer in all that time. And here comes that deer back. I still had one more day to hunt but I wasn't taking any chances of going home empty handed. So down he went.

The place I hunted had a 130 inch minimum, or it was a healthy penalty. Out of 9 guys I was the only one to tag out.
[Reply]
2bikemike 07:06 PM 11-14-2018
:-):-):-):-)

Great job man. We're not able to make it back out until Sunday after a campout weekend and morning hockey game, but Sunday evening and Monday morning/evening we'll see if there's anything left. Lord knows they've had a good year at the farm where we hunt.

That's awsome! Thanks for the accolades. It was my second hunt. I bow hunted last year up in South Dakota and went home empty handed. I didn't want that to happen again! Thy guys I hunted with this week were awsome and were very happy for me to get my first.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 07:07 PM 11-14-2018
He has a goofy rack it measured up to 153 inches and 13 points in total. Weighed in at 275 Lbs. It was windy and cold and I saw him at about 6:30 in the morning locked on some doe. I passed on him because of the rack. But I won't lie I did think I could shoot him and get out of the cold. But no I was a dumbass and sat in that stand for about 8 more hours freezing and didn't see a single deer in all that time. And here comes that deer back. I still had one more day to hunt but I wasn't taking any chances of going home empty handed. So down he went.

The place I hunted had a 130 inch minimum, or it was a healthy penalty. Out of 9 guys I was the only one to tag out.
What did you shoot him with?
[Reply]
2bikemike 07:18 PM 11-14-2018
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
What did you shoot him with?
Howa 270 WSM
[Reply]
Sofa King 07:19 PM 11-14-2018
Nice buck! But man, someone's gotta teach you how to take a picture lol.

Where in South Dakota did you hunt?
[Reply]
2bikemike 07:24 PM 11-14-2018
Originally Posted by Sofa King:
Nice buck! But man, someone's gotta teach you how to take a picture lol.

Where in South Dakota did you hunt?
Last year I hunted up near Deadwood. This year was Northern MO. on a farm in Greencastle. The guys I hunted with took all the pictures. Now that you mention it I didn't I actually take any.
[Reply]
Page 140 of 163
« First < 4090130136137138139140 141142143144150 > Last »
Up