ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 44
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Tesla Cybertruck
DaFace 10:45 PM 11-21-2019
Well, he said it was going to be different.

The #Cybertruck, Tesla’s all-new electric pickup truck, is here, and it can take a sledgehammer to the door while nary a dent. The all-electric pickup will offer up to 500 miles of range and start at $39,000. https://t.co/7a8YBicIkC

— WIRED (@WIRED) November 22, 2019

Starts at $40k, though. That's impressive.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:08 AM 11-27-2019

The evolution of the truck is here. Guaranteed shatterproof �� pic.twitter.com/RocTEkzzwI

— LEGO (@LEGO_Group) November 27, 2019

[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:09 AM 11-27-2019

[Reply]
Chief Roundup 09:45 AM 11-27-2019
Originally Posted by srvy:
Whats the point of a truck then? A SUV would be a better alternative if your going to tow a boat or trailer for camping.
You cannot haul as much with an SUV as you can with a truck. The bed of the truck is no limited height wise like the SUV, i.e. you can haul appliances as well as many many other things you cannot in an SUV.
Fewer and Fewer people are "camping". They either have an RV they pull or stay in motels.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 09:47 AM 11-27-2019
Originally Posted by srvy:
Well they are stupid I drive trucks for work most of my life. I own the biggest sedan I can afford for the comfort.
Hmm, have you driven the newer, last 5 years, 4 door pickups or the Denali Yukon? They ride and have more comfortable seats than any large domestic sedan and most sedans under $40K.
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:28 AM 11-27-2019
I'll bet $20 this thing either never hits the road or comes out in some form that looks a lot more like a normal truck.
[Reply]
ScareCrowe 11:24 AM 11-27-2019
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Hmm, have you driven the newer, last 5 years, 4 door pickups or the Denali Yukon? They ride and have more comfortable seats than any large domestic sedan and most sedans under $40K.
Well yes an $80,000 truck/SUV will probably have more comfortable seats that a $30,000 sedan, but that's not really a fair comparison.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 12:28 PM 11-27-2019
Originally Posted by ScareCrowe:
Well yes an $80,000 truck/SUV will probably have more comfortable seats that a $30,000 sedan, but that's not really a fair comparison.
They don't cost $80K and it was his parameters that I was working within for the comparison.
[Reply]
DaFace 12:42 PM 11-27-2019
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
I'll bet $20 this thing either never hits the road or comes out in some form that looks a lot more like a normal truck.
I'd be in on that if it weren't for the vagueness of what "looks more like a normal truck" means. Elon isn't known for starting things he won't finish, so I think you can be pretty confident that it'll come out eventually. And while I think they might tweak a few things in the look, I don't think you'll see them shift to a completely "normal look."

The timeline regarding when it comes out, however, is highly variable based on his past.
[Reply]
kstater 12:44 PM 11-27-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I'd be in on that if it weren't for the vagueness of what "looks more like a normal truck" means. Elon isn't known for starting things he won't finish, so I think you can be pretty confident that it'll come out eventually. And while I think they might tweak a few things in the look, I don't think you'll see them shift to a completely "normal look."

The timeline regarding when it comes out, however, is highly variable based on his past.
At a minimum he's gonna have to put side mirrors and headlights on it to even make it street legal

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
[Reply]
notorious 12:46 PM 11-27-2019
Raise the roofline and flatten the pickup bed sides and you have something interesting.

The seats have to be raised like a normal truck. No way in hell can you have the seats sitting on the floor of a work vehicle.

As for the guts and the tech, BRING IT ON.
[Reply]
DaFace 12:49 PM 11-27-2019
Originally Posted by kstater:
At a minimum he's gonna have to put side mirrors and headlights on it to even make it street legal

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Well, yeah. It's pretty common for manufacturers to introduce their cars without those kinds of things, but they obviously have to add them to make them legal. I guess that's my issue with the "bet." Adding mirrors and lights will make it look "more like a normal truck," but that's hardly surprising.

For what it's worth, here's Telsa's roadster concept. No mirrors. But they'll be added by the time they reach production.

[Reply]
suzzer99 01:12 PM 11-27-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:

I think it will have a lot more bends and a more obvious bed and more functional windows for viewing the road. It won't have curves so it will still be going for that angular stealth thing.

Unlike you I also think there's a chance it never comes to market and everyone just gets their money back. The tunnel thing he built in LA is basically a complete fraud.
[Reply]
DaFace 01:17 PM 11-27-2019
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
I think it will have a lot more bends and a more obvious bed and more functional windows for viewing the road. It won't have curves so it will still be going for that angular stealth thing.

Unlike you I also think there's a chance it never comes to market and everyone just gets their money back. The tunnel thing he built in LA is basically a complete fraud.
It's not completed or anything, but they're starting to dig their tunnel system in Vegas.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...-digs-n1084131
[Reply]
Molitoth 01:36 PM 11-27-2019
I still see these everyday...
Perhaps Elon is not going after your everyday farmer, but there is a market.

My neighbor has one of these...
Is it practical? nope. But he likes it and that is fine with me.

[Reply]
suzzer99 02:09 PM 11-27-2019

Remember this thing?
[Reply]
Page 19 of 44
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Up