ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 9
< 123 4567 > Last »
Media Center>First look at Will Smith as Genie
Bowser 04:40 PM 12-22-2018
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
1) I mean, who does have the "comedic depth" to replace a guy like Robin Williams?

2) Disney didn't acquire the rights to Star Wars until long after the prequel trilogy was released. The magic of SWs was dismantled long before Disney got involved.

3) These "live-action" remakes of Disney animated classics have pretty much been universally liked.

Some of you guys just love to complain.
1) Then why even attempt it? I like Will Smith is the majority of stuff he does, but this is just a bad idea.

2) Doesn't matter when they got them, they've fucked the Skywalker saga up six ways to Sunday.

3) Granted, I haven't seen many if any of them, and I'm actually looking forward to Lion King, but this idea isn't a winner.

Complain? Yeah, but this falls back for me on the last decade plus of watching classics get remade or rebooted. I like new stuff, and I especially don't like classics being remade poorly just for seemingly a money grab. JMO
[Reply]
ThaVirus 05:56 PM 12-22-2018
Originally Posted by Bowser:
1) Then why even attempt it? I like Will Smith is the majority of stuff he does, but this is just a bad idea.

2) Doesn't matter when they got them, they've fucked the Skywalker saga up six ways to Sunday.

3) Granted, I haven't seen many if any of them, and I'm actually looking forward to Lion King, but this idea isn't a winner.

Complain? Yeah, but this falls back for me on the last decade plus of watching classics get remade or rebooted. I like new stuff, and I especially don't like classics being remade poorly just for seemingly a money grab. JMO
Why not? What did you think when you heard Nolan had cast Heath Ledger as the Joker? Be honest..

And, I feel you. I think everyone likes originality, but it's not the studio's fault people eat up the remakes and reboots. They've already got a large target audience vested in seeing the new take. If you don't like it then you've got to stop watching them and start supporting the originals. Movies like Valerian: City of a Thousand Planets and Mortal Engines are risky.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:04 PM 12-27-2018
Why not? What did you think when you heard Nolan had cast Heath Ledger as the Joker? Be honest..

And, I feel you. I think everyone likes originality, but it's not the studio's fault people eat up the remakes and reboots. They've already got a large target audience vested in seeing the new take. If you don't like it then you've got to stop watching them and start supporting the originals. Movies like Valerian: City of a Thousand Planets and Mortal Engines are risky.
Maybe will Smith will surprise me. Heath Ledger is actually a good actor. Will Smith is fine for certain types of movies. A bizarrely twisted fireball of energy he is not. To answer your question... Jim Carrey is an obvious obvious choice. Will Smith is energetic, but this feels as bubble gum pop as you can get.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 11:31 AM 12-22-2018
EVERYONE'S SLEEPING ON EMPERORS NEW GROOVE
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 04:01 PM 12-22-2018
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
EVERYONE'S SLEEPING ON EMPERORS NEW GROOVE
Great little flick!
[Reply]
DaFace 04:41 PM 12-22-2018
I can't fully express my surprise that a forum full of middle-aged dudes isn't excited about a kids movie.
[Reply]
Bowser 04:44 PM 12-22-2018
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I can't fully express my surprise that a forum full of middle-aged dudes isn't excited about a kids movie.
I feel like you're not trying to even hide how un-subtly you're throwing a jab here.
[Reply]
BWillie 05:08 PM 12-22-2018
When I heard Smith was going to be the genie I immediately thought it was perfect **shrugs**
[Reply]
penguinz 05:15 PM 12-22-2018
Originally Posted by BWillie:
When I heard Smith was going to be the genie I immediately thought it was perfect **shrugs**
Smith's last decent acting was the last episode of The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 05:54 PM 12-22-2018
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Wow. I mean, Pursuit of Happyness, Seven Pounds. He was nominated for an Oscar for Ali.

This is just a truly horrendous take. My God, man. Log out.
[Reply]
penguinz 02:50 PM 12-24-2018
Wow. I mean, Pursuit of Happyness, Seven Pounds. He was nominated for an Oscar for Ali.

This is just a truly horrendous take. My God, man. Log out.
Toms of movies get nominated that are not good movies. He is not a good actor.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:37 PM 12-24-2018
Toms of movies get nominated that are not good movies. He is not a good actor.
You're fucking stupid.
[Reply]
jd1020 09:04 PM 12-27-2018
I'm not the biggest Will Smith fan but I'd sit down and watch Enemy of the State, The Legend of Bagger Vance, I Am Legend, Hancock, probably even Hitch at any time.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 01:40 PM 12-28-2018
Originally Posted by jd1020:
I'm not the biggest Will Smith fan but I'd sit down and watch Enemy of the State, The Legend of Bagger Vance, I Am Legend, Hancock, probably even Hitch at any time.
I'm probably going to regret weighing in on this, but here goes. My personal opinion about this...

Will Smith is like Keanu Reeves. Neither is anything to brag about as an actor, but both have an ability to find roles that fit their particular quirks and strengths that surpasses a lot of superior actors.
[Reply]
BigRichard 10:48 AM 12-31-2018
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
I'm probably going to regret weighing in on this, but here goes. My personal opinion about this...

Will Smith is like Keanu Reeves. Neither is anything to brag about as an actor, but both have an ability to find roles that fit their particular quirks and strengths that surpasses a lot of superior actors.

[Reply]
Page 3 of 9
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up