ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 763 of 1210
« First < 263663713753759760761762763 764765766767773813863 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
Buzz 07:10 PM 03-20-2018
Originally Posted by RubberSponge:
Breakfast burritos. It was just below a Meh.

I have been pre making breakfast burritos for work the last couple of weeks and they are pretty damn good.

Makes seven or more in a 8" tortilla
1/2 pound turkey breakfast sausage cooked until brown
Hand full of potatoes O'brien fried and browned crispy
8 eggs scrambled
Cook separate then mixed together with shredded colby jack cheese
Slap ya mama seasoning and some Mrs Dash
Roll in a flour tortilla
Wrap in saran wrap and freeze

Take one out the day before and put it in the fridge
To heat it, wrap in a wet paper towel and cook 20 sec and flip, cook 20 more sec and flip again, then 15 more sec.

Add picante sauce and plow.

Edit: I warm the flour tortilla up on the stove top burner until the middle starts to bubble, spinning it so no part sits too long and starts to burn, then fill
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 07:45 PM 03-20-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
gravy cubby
Meh at the word "gravy." And I'm Italian.
[Reply]
srvy 08:36 PM 03-20-2018
Originally Posted by Buzz:
I have been pre making breakfast burritos for work the last couple of weeks and they are pretty damn good.

8 eggs scrambled
Roll in a flour tortilla

To heat it, wrap in a wet paper towel and cook 20 sec and flip, cook 20 more sec and flip again, then 15 more sec.

Edit: I warm the flour tortilla up on the stove top burner until the middle starts to bubble, spinning it so no part sits too long and starts to burn, then fill
Sounds good Buzz you could even change it up a bit by getting a tube of chorizo in normal or hot. I love chorizo sausage breakfast burritos.
[Reply]
srvy 08:42 PM 03-20-2018
My son like McDonalds breackfast burritos so i buy the jimmy dean precooked sausage crumbles. Its so fast just scramble the eggs with sausage in it. Spoon in the egg and sausage on a flour tortilla throw on some cheese spoon salsa roll and nuke 30 seconds. He tears them up.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 08:47 PM 03-20-2018
Originally Posted by Buzz:

8 eggs scrambled
Roll in a flour tortilla

Pretty much what I did but mine just didn't come out the way I was wanting.

I think my mistake was not cooking the eggs in the sausage grease. Not using chorizo. Using hash browns deep fried till crispy instead of shoestring fries. And no green sauce. Had red sauce but no green.

I am going to give it another shot to see if I can improve and get the flavor I am desiring.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 08:49 PM 03-20-2018
Originally Posted by srvy:
Sounds good Buzz you could even change it up a bit by getting a tube of chorizo in normal or hot. I love chorizo sausage breakfast burritos.
I've tried both the tube chorizo and ground Johnsonville chorizo. And I think the Johnsonville chorizo has better texture and flavor.
[Reply]
srvy 09:38 PM 03-20-2018
Originally Posted by RubberSponge:
I've tried both the tube chorizo and ground Johnsonville chorizo. And I think the Johnsonville chorizo has better texture and flavor.
Ive not seen the Johnsonville definitely will look around for it.
[Reply]
ptlyon 06:14 AM 03-21-2018
Originally Posted by srvy:
My son like McDonalds breackfast burritos so i buy the jimmy dean precooked sausage crumbles. Its so fast just scramble the eggs with sausage in it. Spoon in the egg and sausage on a flour tortilla throw on some cheese spoon salsa roll and nuke 30 seconds. He tears them up.
Mcshitrockets
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 11:57 AM 03-21-2018
Help from the collective. Making pepper steak tonight. Most recipes I've seen use round, but I generally don't like the flavor of round. What would work well here in something that's going to simmer in a sauce for 20-30 minutes? Sirloin? Or maybe skip the simmering meat and use flank or skirt medium rare, mixing into the sauce and pepper at serving time?
[Reply]
threebag 01:33 PM 03-21-2018
Flat iron is pretty versitile, but I like a good flat iron
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 01:39 PM 03-21-2018
Originally Posted by threebag02:
Flat iron is pretty versitile, but I like a good flat iron

That’s a good idea.
[Reply]
tooge 01:45 PM 03-21-2018
I do the flank/skirt medium rare when I do pepper steak or fajitas. Works well and has great flavor
[Reply]
threebag 01:52 PM 03-21-2018
If you can find a good flank around here they charge twice as much than the flat iron. Sometimes almost 3Xs as much
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 01:56 PM 03-21-2018
Originally Posted by threebag02:
If you can find a good flank around here they charge twice as much than the flat iron. Sometimes almost 3Xs as much
Yeah, usually flanks around here are super expensive. Every now and then I find them on sale for $6/pound at Costco.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 04:57 PM 03-21-2018
Flank it is. The yellow pepper I got home was rotten inside, so just red and green.

[Reply]
Page 763 of 1210
« First < 263663713753759760761762763 764765766767773813863 > Last »
Up