ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 98 of 108
« First < 48889495969798 99100101102 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>THE COUNTDOWN to the NFL TRADE DEADLINE THREAD - Tues. Oct. 29th @ 4:00p Eastern Time
arrowheadnation 10:18 AM 10-08-2019
I figured I would create one location to house all of the breaking news, rumors, pessimism, despair, helplessness, frustration, and of course optimism leading up to the 2019 NFL Trade Deadline on:

Tuesday, October 29th @ 4:00p Eastern Time

3 weeks from today! We all have ideas of what the Chiefs need so I won't go into that, but hopefully this day will come and go with better results than last year for us.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:12 PM 10-29-2019
Mecca: The Patriots did make a move!

Yea they traded a 2nd for a 30 year old WR who’s never had more than 850 yards in a season. I’m sure you’d be giving Veach a ton of credit for a move like that!
[Reply]
RunKC 02:12 PM 10-29-2019
The market for an ILB was set by Myles Jack at 14.25 AAV and the Jets gave CJ Mosley $17 million AAV, which lead to Bobby Wagner getting $18 million AAV.

Good ****ing God
[Reply]
dirk digler 02:12 PM 10-29-2019
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
"You've been traded to Cleveland. Merry Christmas!"

My thinking is potential playoff\SB contenders would go all in if it was at that late of a date and bad teams would do a sell off as well. That would give teams basically 4 weeks or so to acclimate their new teammate, which I think is plenty of time.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:13 PM 10-29-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Ravens traded for Peters
Pats got Sanu
Texans traded for everyone

Lot of the AFC teams made deals.
The only move that wasn’t awful was the Peters trade.
[Reply]
O.city 02:13 PM 10-29-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
The market for an ILB was set by Myles Jack at 14.25 AAV and the Jets gave CJ Mosley $17 million AAV, which lead to Bobby Wagner getting $18 million AAV.

Good ****ing God
Good players make money. News at 10.
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 02:14 PM 10-29-2019
Maybe Veach can put in some calls to see who is the dastardly bandit stealing Triple Threat's pool water.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:14 PM 10-29-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Name a member of the team or front office, and you can find a thread on here bitching about them (with Mahomes being the one possible exception). This thread is just one of hundreds.

Face it - we're a bunch of entitled whiners.
Uh...'entitled'?

Not sure what word you wanted to use there, but perhaps 'beaten down' would be more appropriate.

Nobody on this board feels 'entitled' to shit. Some of them are sycophants {cough}staylor{coughcoughcough}, some are self-indulgent assholes {raises hand}, most are just dying of thirst and hoping to find a hoofprint to drink piss out of before they leave this earth having never witnessed a championship.

But 'entitled'? That seems like the exact wrong cause here.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:14 PM 10-29-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I'd like to see 'em !@#$ing draft one.

But guys like that just aren't easy to spot. It's so difficult to understand how baseline athleticism will translate to coverage ability at the next level. Why? Hell if I know; seems like it should be pretty easy.

But for whatever reason, someone like Ragland can put up virtually identical testing numbers to someone like Schobert and Schobert's just better in space.

I mean look at these figures:

40 times: 4.76 vs. 4.72 (edge Ragland)
10 yard split: 1.62 vs. 1.65 (edge Schobert)
20 yard shuttle: 4.3 vs. 4.28 (Edge Ragland)
Broad Jump (big for SPARQ scores; considered a strong proxy for explosion): 111 vs 116 (edge Ragland)

Both 6'1'', Ragland 247 vs. 244 for Schobert.

And giving anyone an edge anywhere is academic; there's no discernible difference anywhere; hundreths of a second here and there. Both came out of the 2016 draft class. There virtually indistinguishable as prospects.

Someone explain to me why Schobert is so much better in space? I sure as hell can't figure it out and you can't exactly glean 'savvy' at the college level.
We’ve had problems drafting LBs for years now. What’s the last good one....DJ?
[Reply]
O.city 02:14 PM 10-29-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Eh, one of those teams will be in the AFC champ game so they don't care.

The Texans ones are all dumb though.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:15 PM 10-29-2019
Wasn’t awful for now. Give Peters a couple of years and he’ll find a way off the Ravens.
[Reply]
O.city 02:15 PM 10-29-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
We’ve had problems drafting LBs for years now. What’s the last good one....DJ?
Fucking 15 years ago? Jesus.
[Reply]
O.city 02:15 PM 10-29-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Uh...'entitled'?

Not sure what word you wanted to use there, but perhaps 'beaten down' would be more appropriate.

Nobody on this board feels 'entitled' to shit. Some of them are sycophants {cough}staylor{coughcoughcough}, some are self-indulgent assholes {raises hand}, most are just dying of thirst and hoping to find a hoofprint to drink piss out of before they leave this earth having never witnessed a championship.

But 'entitled'? That seems like the exact wrong cause here.
What am I?
[Reply]
DaFace 02:15 PM 10-29-2019
Ravens traded for Peters
Pats got Sanu
Texans traded for everyone

Lot of the AFC teams made deals.
Sanu is filling a gap - not a difference maker. Peters is a wild card.

And you can't seriously be saying that you think the Texans have made solid moves this year...
[Reply]
staylor26 02:15 PM 10-29-2019
Eh, one of those teams will be in the AFC champ game so they don't care.

The Texans ones are all dumb though.
My point is it was a sellers market and hard to find good deals. The only team that got one got it because the team that they were trading with was desperate to be one of those buyers getting fucked.
[Reply]
MrCasual 02:15 PM 10-29-2019
Sanu for a 3rd would have been a good trade but our 2nd is essentially a early third so I understand why the second was given up.
[Reply]
Page 98 of 108
« First < 48889495969798 99100101102 > Last »
Up