ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 327 of 3903
« First < 227277317323324325326327 3283293303313373774278271327 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:23 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
Quite frankly, I think that would calm a lot of panic. It's pretty distressing to see the stocks dump day after day after day, especially after the stupid ass fed decision ended up doing jack shit.
Yeah, if the Dow continues to drop 2k per day, there will be a global financial panic, which is completely unnecessary during a global pandemic
[Reply]
eDave 02:24 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Dr. Christ, the head of the AZ DHS, tweeted out she is considering CDC recommendations. Ducey will listen to her. Shit gonna get a lot less jovial here if the state goes into full lockdown
Maybe I should make another trip...
[Reply]
Why Not? 02:24 PM 03-16-2020
Yeah, let me know how that works out.
I imagine it will be a shit show. I love Arizona but it’s home to some of the dumbest people on planet earth. No idea how the masses will react.
[Reply]
tk13 02:24 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Well shit, wish we had a Bob Evans around here
To be fair. They haven't had a single case there. I believe they're the only state that hasn't had one.

Also to be fair, they've done 84 tests. Total.
[Reply]
loochy 02:24 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by FAX:
Considering everything else, the potential re-infection issue only adds to the stress.

For what it's worth, re-infection likelihood appears to be an open issue trending toward the negative (as far as I can tell).

For example, Dr. Clifford Lane (Clinical Research National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases) has stated that reinfection was unlikely and that false positives probably caused those reports.

Dr. Keiji Fukuda essentially said the same thing; citing testing errors.

Fauci has also recently downplayed the re-infection hypothesis and concerns.

If the tests aren't sufficiently targeted and/or the detection threshold is too high, how would they even know?

FAX

Could the re-infection be the other strain? It happens with Flu A and Flu B (it happened to me, my wife, and my son 2 Christmases ago).
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 02:26 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
It's being recommended by the mayor of SF, not the governor of CA.
Because the mayor of SF has the power to shut down the entire bay area. Got it.
[Reply]
loochy 02:27 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
I imagine it will be a shit show. I love Arizona but it’s home to some of the dumbest people on planet earth. No idea how the masses will react.

I'll tell you that would NEVER work here in Texas. It might work in the dense city parts of Houston, DFW, Austin, and San Antonio, but the people here would not take that and they have the firepower to back it up.
[Reply]
Why Not? 02:29 PM 03-16-2020
I'll tell you that would NEVER work here in Texas. It might work in the dense city parts of Houston, DFW, Austin, and San Antonio, but the people here would not take that and they have the firepower to back it up.
I tend to think AZ would respond in similar fashion.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:29 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY:
Because the mayor of SF has the power to shut down the entire bay area. Got it.
https://www.sfchronicle.com/local-po...y-15135014.php

Six Bay Area counties announced a “shelter in place” order for all residents on Monday — the strictest measure of its kind in the country — directing everyone to stay inside their homes and away from others as much as possible for the next three weeks as public health officials desperately try to curb the rapid spread of coronavirus across the region.

-------
No where does this mention the governor or any other county in California
[Reply]
petegz28 02:30 PM 03-16-2020
San Francisco "orders" people to stay inside. Can they do that legally?
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 02:31 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
https://www.sfchronicle.com/local-po...y-15135014.php

Six Bay Area counties announced a “shelter in place” order for all residents on Monday — the strictest measure of its kind in the country — directing everyone to stay inside their homes and away from others as much as possible for the next three weeks as public health officials desperately try to curb the rapid spread of coronavirus across the region.

-------
No where does this mention the governor or any other county in California
I know all 6 are being shut down I watched the press conference JFC.
[Reply]
MahiMike 02:32 PM 03-16-2020
So I've been thinking about this stuff...instead of everyone scrounging for masks and toilet paper, shouldn't we just be buying thermometers?

That's what they did in China and other places. Take your temp. If it's a fever, get over there. If not, come on in.

We should implement this in every business. I'm definitely more worried about the economic impact of everyone staying at home than I am scared of the virus.

This whole stay at home thing is assinine. They're saying it'll take 12-18 mos to get an antidote? By that time, the only thing we'll have solved is the homeless situation. They'll all move into the empty businesses.
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 02:34 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
San Francisco "orders" people to stay inside. Can they do that legally?
There is the rub. Do you have an essential job?
This is going to suck. I can't imagine it being very enforceable. Streets were already empty.
[Reply]
O.city 02:35 PM 03-16-2020
DJ ain't really wrong in this thread. Everyone is gonna get it, you just want everyone to get it not at the same time so shit isn't overwhelmed.

You can't shut everyone in and live in caves away from the virus.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:35 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY:
I know all 6 are being shut down I watched the press conference JFC.
Welcome to Ignore
[Reply]
Page 327 of 3903
« First < 227277317323324325326327 3283293303313373774278271327 > Last »
Up