ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2160 of 3903
« First < 1160166020602110215021562157215821592160 216121622163216421702210226026603160 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
petegz28 04:45 PM 05-21-2020
On the serious tip though. I did have a brief conversation yesterday with one of our health system officials about all of this. In a nutshell the comments were

"we were a bit surprised we didn't get hit harder"

"In hind sight we probably wouldn't have done quite as much but that's hind sight"

"The fear of the 2nd wave right now is largely being stoked by politicians"

"There isn't any data to suggest a devastating 2nd wave"

"The good that did come from this is if we do get a large spike in the fall we already know how to react and we can react much faster, cheaper and safer"

So bottom line is we didn't get the stampede but we got the dress rehearsal should the time ever come.
[Reply]
TLO 04:49 PM 05-21-2020
Still can't get these results I need from Quest. I guess I'm going to assume they're negative or we would have gotten a call by now.
[Reply]
petegz28 04:50 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Still can't get these results I need from Quest. I guess I'm going to assume they're negative or we would have gotten a call by now.
did you go get the antibody test?
[Reply]
Monticore 04:50 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
On the serious tip though. I did have a brief conversation yesterday with one of our health system officials about all of this. In a nutshell the comments were

"we were a bit surprised we didn't get hit harder"

"In hind sight we probably wouldn't have done quite as much but that's hind sight"

"The fear of the 2nd wave right now is largely being stoked by politicians"

"There isn't any data to suggest a devastating 2nd wave"

"The good that did come from this is if we do get a large spike in the fall we already know how to react and we can react much faster, cheaper and safer"

So bottom line is we didn't get the stampede but we got the dress rehearsal should the time ever come.
I agree if it does comeback in the fall we should be better prepared , most places that didn’t get swamped are likely ones that took early precautions which helped.
[Reply]
TLO 04:51 PM 05-21-2020
did you go get the antibody test?
Nah. I had 2 clients I had to send through the drive through testing in St. Joe this past weekend. I've gotten results on 2 of them, but the 3rd isn't available.

Frustrating
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:51 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
It generally takes about 2 weeks for me to get my test results from Quest and I receive an email when the results have been uploaded to my account.
[Reply]
TLO 04:54 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
It generally takes about 2 weeks for me to get my test results from Quest and I receive an email when the results have been uploaded to my account.
We were told 72 hours on these. I'm not concerned as the client isn't showing symptoms and his roommate tested negative, but the reassurance would be nice.
[Reply]
petegz28 04:54 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
I agree if it does comeback in the fall we should be better prepared , most places that didn’t get swamped are likely ones that took early precautions which helped.
I think there is also an aspect of living conditions, i.e. people living more spread out vs. on top of each other.
[Reply]
stumppy 04:55 PM 05-21-2020
Put your mask on and :-).
Oh pipe down, Francis.
[Reply]
petegz28 04:58 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by stumppy:
Oh pipe down, Francis.
Okay, Karen......

oooh I got you, bitch!!!! :-)
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 05:11 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Has there ever been in our lifetimes a pandemic of this scale where wearing a mask was the recommended action?
So the lives you could have saved by staying home and wearing a mask all these years didn't matter, but Covid-19 now do? Seems pretty heartless.
[Reply]
Monticore 05:12 PM 05-21-2020
Okay, Karen......

oooh I got you, bitch!!!! :-)
I hope you realize that I am just trying to help and that I am not just arguing just to try and win the argument, you being able to make a more informed decision on how to keep you and your family safe is the only win i am trying to get.
[Reply]
Monticore 05:15 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
So the lives you could have saved by staying home and wearing a mask all these years didn't matter, but Covid-19 now do? Seems pretty heartless.
I do think masks should have always been worn in the food industry , we have just always accepted a certain amount of spit in our food I guess.

But not going into the public sick or not covering our cough or sneeze and washing hands have always been considered considerate of others, the asymptomatic spread is kind of new though.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 05:19 PM 05-21-2020
I do think masks should have always been worn in the food industry it we have just always accepted a certain amount of spit in our food I guess.

But not going into the public sick or not covering our cough or sneeze and washing hands have always been considered considerate of others, the asymptomatic spread is kind of new though.
Probably so. I just laugh that the hypocrisy of those that try to shame those that won't hide and wear mask. It's almost like they were unaware those same things would have always saved some lives over the years from other viruses as well. Apparently when the death count reaches a certain amount or the media tells them when to do they start caring about saving lives.
[Reply]
petegz28 05:20 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
I do think masks should have always been worn in the food industry , we have just always accepted a certain amount of spit in our food I guess.

That's kind of my rub with this. I am not saying you or Da Face but probably Mecca (just kidding) are doing this but the whole mask thing is turning into a giant virtue signaling bonfire.

It kind of reminds me of how all these people including all of our local sports media came out against Tyreek and were all against domestic violence and this and that and guess what? You don't hear a fucking peep about any of that shit now and they are all kissing his ass for winning a Super Bowl.
[Reply]
Page 2160 of 3903
« First < 1160166020602110215021562157215821592160 216121622163216421702210226026603160 > Last »
Up