ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 183 of 205
« First < 83133173179180181182183 184185186187193 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL NBA Regular Season Thread****
dirk digler 10:59 AM 12-25-2011
Let's get it on... finally
eDave 06:50 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Anyone who argues college basketball is better than the NBA is making a ridiculous argument.
From a pure BB stance, they are way better. NBA is WWE (almost). It's the NBA that is making college BB as Dane describes it.
staylor26 06:50 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
What frequency, specifically, does the narrative suggest?

With what frequency do you think they happen?
Well according to a lot of people like Lebron James, Blacks are being “hunted” and “targeted”. That’s how out of control that narrative has gotten.

You tell me if you think the facts support this?

Hint: They don’t whatsoever.
Mecca 06:50 PM 08-26-2020
Literally nobody is that stupid, not even on CP.
You're underestimating several posters.
Pitt Gorilla 06:50 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Why? Because I was working, dickhead. Now take your childish bullshit and go smoke your boyfriend's pole
You were working the entirety of the NBA regular/post season? You just now took time off to post in this thread?

Just want to make sure I get this correct.
petegz28 06:50 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
From a pure BB stance, they are way better. NBA is WWE (almost).
I agree with that to a large extent.
Mecca 06:51 PM 08-26-2020
I don't know but I prefer watching college BB over the NBA.
Probably because you "have a team".
petegz28 06:51 PM 08-26-2020
You were working the entirety of the NBA regular/post season? You just now took time off to post in this thread?
JFC dude, WTF does it matter and what makes you think I give a fuck what you think about it?
htismaqe 06:51 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I’ve lived in an 80% black zip code for 8 years now. I’m treated way different and better than my black neighbors by the police. I’m treated way worse by some employees of businesses in said zip code. Just my anecdotal experience.
I'm not saying that racism doesn't exist, it absolutely does. I'm also not saying that cops don't treat black people differently, especially in predominantly black neighborhoods.

All I'm saying is that there's more to the formula than just skin color.

And I also shouldn't have been so curt in saying that resisting arrest was the problem, as if it is the only problem. Police brutality, against everyone, is a problem in this country. We've all heard stories of white women being cavity searched repeatedly for no reason. No, it's not murder but it is rape, and it's still wrong.
petegz28 06:52 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Probably because you "have a team".
Meh, sorta....but I can turn on college BB in general and watch it like I can turn on the NFL in general and watch it.
eDave 06:52 PM 08-26-2020
I agree with that to a large extent.
The only BB I watch is the NCAA tournament, once it hit's the Sweet 16. But I'm just not a BB guy. Only major sport I completely cannot play.
DaneMcCloud 06:52 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I
What about African-American Jason Whitlock and his take on all of this? He’s an AA and I happen to thinks he’s 100% right. Do his words matter?
I'll tell you about Jason Whitlock: He's an opportunist that's playing all of you guys like drum.

Whitlock was hired in KC back in 1994 and was quickly controversial due to his "Hot Takes". He parlayed his success at the Star into a local radio show, then was hired by ESPN, the largest sports broadcasting network in history and since, his career has been on a downhill slide to the point where he's doing "Podcasts".

He's working you guys. He's telling you exactly what you want to hear. He's not "keeping it real", he's pandering to his "audience" because he knows all too well what you guys want to hear.

Real networks want nothing to do with him.
Pitt Gorilla 06:53 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Well according to a lot of people like Lebron James, Blacks are being “hunted” and “targeted”. That’s how out of control that narrative has gotten.

You tell me if you think the facts support this?

Hint: They don’t whatsoever.
You specifically mentioned "frequency." Your rebuttal doesn't address frequency at all.
Pitt Gorilla 06:54 PM 08-26-2020
JFC dude, WTF does it matter and what makes you think I give a **** what you think about it?
I'm just curious regarding your sudden interest and need to dictate policy to the NBA.

It's strange, though, that you used some bizarre line about work to try to justify it, though.
staylor26 06:54 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I'll tell you about Jason Whitlock: He's an opportunist that's playing all of you guys like drum.

Whitlock was hired in KC back in 1994 and was quickly controversial due to his "Hot Takes". He parlayed his success at the Star into a local radio show, then was hired by ESPN, the largest sports broadcasting network in history and since, his career has been on a downhill slide to the point where he's doing "Podcasts".

He's working you guys. He's telling you exactly what you want to hear. He's not "keeping it real", he's pandering to his "audience" because he knows all too well what you guys want to hear.

Real networks want nothing to do with him.
Holy shit we’re just going to have to agree to disagree because I think this is an absurd argument to make when Whitlock’s argument is clearly based on logic and reason.

It’s Lebron that’s genuine, right?
eDave 06:55 PM 08-26-2020
I like Jason quite a bit and do get what he is doing and think good for him.
Page 183 of 205
« First < 83133173179180181182183 184185186187193 > Last »
Up