ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 95 of 162
« First < 45859192939495 96979899105145 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>So it’s really just the Steelers [or Bills] right?
RunKC 09:41 PM 09-28-2020
I mean goddamn this conference seems wrapped up doesn’t it? Not trying to jinx us but it really seems like injuries are our biggest opponent at this point.

The Ravens are fucking frauds. They’re a warm up for us. We literally made these guys look like the JV squad the last 2 meetings.

And sure the Bills and Titans may make us work for the win, but in all honesty we have to play pretty goddamn shitty to lose to those guys.

In order to have any shot at beating us you need 3 things:

1. Elite pass rush
2. Top 10 QB capable of making critical plays
3. Overall talented roster

Steelers are the only team in the AFC that has those 3 things, and even them it’s not like they’re some serious threat like the Patriots a couple years back, but they seem like the best of the rest.

I think at this point it would be disappointing for this team to not get to the SB 3 straight times.

We’re just that good, and we keep drafting well and get better and better.
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:04 PM 12-10-2020
Cam. Just good Lord . . .
[Reply]
tredadda 08:13 PM 12-10-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
They need at least one more good receiving weapon on the field. And Rivers. Rivers is the weak link in that offense, but he's better than Brissett. If they had a QB like Matt Stafford they'd be legitimately dangerous.

But you're right about their defense as well. For some reason they haven't been as good as they were earlier. They let TEN run all the heck over them, and Lamar actually had a plus passing day against them. Maybe those were just bad days, but if not, there are more than a couple exploitable holes in that defense the Chiefs should be able to exploit if they ever meet.
Rivers is your classic "bulk stats" but can't win when it matters QB.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:30 PM 12-10-2020
Originally Posted by Mav:
I can confirm this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aren't you the dude that's like that dumb as fuck family from that Mastercard commercial

I'm a 49er, Brown, Chief, Jet, Viking, NOW HE EATS ROETHLISBERGER fan
[Reply]
Azide22 09:40 PM 12-10-2020
Originally Posted by mililo4cpa:
There it is again....."best to play keep away...." like it's some tried / true formula.

give each team 7 possessions....Chiefs will win 11 out of 12 times....Heck, the Chiefs are better at playing keep away from the other team rather than vice versa

And the Browns D.....yikes....not stopping the Chiefs at anything! Same with the Tits
100% agree. Its been a bit of a maturation watching the Chiefs get the extra possession/run out the clock on their opponents of late. Bottom line, Chiefs are better at scoring than anyone else is. So as long as the number of possessions are equal - Advantage Chiefs.
[Reply]
Azide22 09:44 PM 12-10-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
I know this will sound crazy, but I think the two teams with the best chance to beat us in the playoffs are the Cleveland Browns and the Tennessee Titans.

The Titans are capable of pounding the ball with Henry. If they can stick to the game plan, and not panic when they are down 14 right off the bat, they could potentially beat us.

The Cleveland Browns have a QB that takes risks, and they either pay off or they don't. But, they have the best running back combo in the NFL. Chubb and Hunt are capable of running for over a hundred yards individually, but together they could help the Browns possess the ball for 40 minutes of game time. And they have a good pass rush, and one of the most dominant defensive players in Garrett.

Both of those teams could become lethal in the right situation, with dominant rushing attacks, and effective play action passing.

I don't think either will beat us, but those are the two who make me nervous.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
The Titans big and fast receivers are a big factor too. I agree , in AFC these are teams who worry me most too. Give me the Packers or healthy Saints in NFC too - particularly the Packers.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 10:22 PM 12-10-2020
Originally Posted by Azide22:
The Titans big and fast receivers are a big factor too. I agree , in AFC these are teams who worry me most too. Give me the Packers or healthy Saints in NFC too - particularly the Packers.
Tits have exactly the same team as last year, minus their two starting tackles (one free agent / the other injury).....but the offense is the same. Henry is on pace for 360+ rushes this season (compared to 303 last year), and at some point, that mileage is going to catch up to him....Titans passed for 4K yards last year (partly Mariota, partly Tannehill), and they are on pace for the same this year w/ just Tannehill....The obvious difference is they are scoring at a higher tilt this year, so obviously that's a plus...

But their defense somehow got worse from last year....can't produce pressure at all (14 sacks on the year so far), and are getting next to nothing from their rookie class this year....but they have a +11 Turnover ratio, partly because they have forced some, but they also don't turn the ball over much (tied for the lowest amount in the league with the Chiefs...)

I just don't see them being there at the end. They caught lightning in a bottle last year at playoff time, and like a lot of the AFC teams, they certainly are a nice team, and should be taken seriously, but they aren't going to be able to get enough stops to seriously challenge with that D....
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:44 PM 12-10-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
They're where we were in like...Marty season 2.

That is the longest suffering, most fucked over fanbase in sports, and I'm kind of pulling for them.

Modell packing the team up and leaving town in the middle of the night was so awful.

But we'll smoke 'em if we get 'em.
Man, I wouldn't wish that on anybody.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:46 PM 12-10-2020
Tits have exactly the same team as last year, minus their two starting tackles (one free agent / the other injury).....but the offense is the same. Henry is on pace for 360+ rushes this season (compared to 303 last year), and at some point, that mileage is going to catch up to him....Titans passed for 4K yards last year (partly Mariota, partly Tannehill), and they are on pace for the same this year w/ just Tannehill....The obvious difference is they are scoring at a higher tilt this year, so obviously that's a plus...

But their defense somehow got worse from last year....can't produce pressure at all (14 sacks on the year so far), and are getting next to nothing from their rookie class this year....but they have a +11 Turnover ratio, partly because they have forced some, but they also don't turn the ball over much (tied for the lowest amount in the league with the Chiefs...)

I just don't see them being there at the end. They caught lightning in a bottle last year at playoff time, and like a lot of the AFC teams, they certainly are a nice team, and should be taken seriously, but they aren't going to be able to get enough stops to seriously challenge with that D....
Yep.

The Titans are probably one and done.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 02:18 AM 12-11-2020
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
Didn’t watch the playoffs last year? Your Titans take is the same one we heard last season.
I did say that I didn't think either team would beat us, but I do think they are best equipped to do so in the playoffs.

[Reply]
htismaqe 05:54 AM 12-11-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
I did say that I didn't think either team would beat us, but I do think they are best equipped to do so in the playoffs.

The Browns have a suspect secondary and the entire Titans defense is trash. Neither is really equipped to beat us. Their offenses might be able to run the ball and shorten the game, provided our offense doesn't blow them off the field in the 1st quarter.
[Reply]
O.city 07:43 AM 12-11-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
The Browns have a suspect secondary and the entire Titans defense is trash. Neither is really equipped to beat us. Their offenses might be able to run the ball and shorten the game, provided our offense doesn't blow them off the field in the 1st quarter.
Yep.

I get the thought process but you aren’t beating the chiefs that way. Teams have tried. It’s not the way to go unless the chiefs offense shits it’s pants and that’s extremely rare.

At this point in the AFC I think Buffalo is the only team that could do it simply because if Allen is on he can go blow for blow for a bit with the chiefs offense.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:53 AM 12-11-2020
Man, I wouldn't wish that on anybody.
it was better than decades of suck.

I just mean that the Browns fans are getting their first taste of being relevant in decades. I remember that being a lot of fun, although it ended in heartbreak every year.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:09 AM 12-11-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
it was better than decades of suck.

I just mean that the Browns fans are getting their first taste of being relevant in decades. I remember that being a lot of fun, although it ended in heartbreak every year.
It was definitely awesome at the time. In hindsight though...

:-)
[Reply]
Azide22 08:49 AM 12-11-2020

Probably scoring at a higher pace because they've cut down the sacks they've taken dramatically. Plus Corey Davis is playing significantly better.

Agreed that their defense is truly terrible. Just watching Vrabel get frustrated every time opponents convert on 3rd down is priceless.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:31 AM 12-11-2020
It was definitely awesome at the time. In hindsight though...

:-)

It’s kinda hard now to look back on the Schottenheimer years as being great, when we know what great really feels like.

I did enjoy them though.
[Reply]
Page 95 of 162
« First < 45859192939495 96979899105145 > Last »
Up