ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 94 of 162
« First < 44849091929394 95969798104144 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>So it’s really just the Steelers [or Bills] right?
RunKC 09:41 PM 09-28-2020
I mean goddamn this conference seems wrapped up doesn’t it? Not trying to jinx us but it really seems like injuries are our biggest opponent at this point.

The Ravens are fucking frauds. They’re a warm up for us. We literally made these guys look like the JV squad the last 2 meetings.

And sure the Bills and Titans may make us work for the win, but in all honesty we have to play pretty goddamn shitty to lose to those guys.

In order to have any shot at beating us you need 3 things:

1. Elite pass rush
2. Top 10 QB capable of making critical plays
3. Overall talented roster

Steelers are the only team in the AFC that has those 3 things, and even them it’s not like they’re some serious threat like the Patriots a couple years back, but they seem like the best of the rest.

I think at this point it would be disappointing for this team to not get to the SB 3 straight times.

We’re just that good, and we keep drafting well and get better and better.
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:24 PM 12-10-2020
Originally Posted by mililo4cpa:
I'll say it again: Exactly once in the Pat Mahomes era did this strategy work (Colts - and quite honestly, that was the style that the Colts played anyways, so it wasn't like they significantly altered their gameplan to do it)....

Out of Pat's 7 other losses, all but one took 30 points to do it, and the one that didn't took 29 points. So, 12.5% of the time (of the 17.3% of the games Pat has lost) has this worked....it's not a strategy, it's a fallacy, and personally, if an average NFL team gets 11 possessions a game, and a "shortened" game is going to give 7 or 8, well, give the Chiefs and their opponents 7-8 right now and let's see who wins....less possessions isn't going to help teams score the 30points they are going to need to win in the vast majority of situations

So, what's the blueprint: Carolina Panthers....they took every risk in the book: went for it on 4th down, onside kicks, fake punts, flea flickers....they played fearless, high risk / high reward football, and damn near pulled it off scoring 31 points.....but that high risk / high reward comes with a price: That team basically came in with the loser mentality....they had nothing to lose, so they played that way.

That's the formula for those teams that can't hang playing their normal game, but most teams don't have the moxie to do it....
The Colts game doesn't even really count. Mahomes was nursing an injured ankle, Sammy, Tyreek, and Eric Fisher were all out with injuries.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:29 PM 12-10-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
The problem is that the Colts defense hasn't been "shutdown" lately. They gave up 300 yards passing to the Packers and the got absolutely lambasted by the Titans. In addition, the best way to protect Rivers is to run the ball and they're not doing that very well either right now.

The Colts are a solid team but there's just something about them that screams "unspectacular".
They need at least one more good receiving weapon on the field. And Rivers. Rivers is the weak link in that offense, but he's better than Brissett. If they had a QB like Matt Stafford they'd be legitimately dangerous.

But you're right about their defense as well. For some reason they haven't been as good as they were earlier. They let TEN run all the heck over them, and Lamar actually had a plus passing day against them. Maybe those were just bad days, but if not, there are more than a couple exploitable holes in that defense the Chiefs should be able to exploit if they ever meet.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 06:36 PM 12-10-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Yea the Browns are the team we should want to avoid!

:-) :-)
wouldn't surprise me to see them get blown out by the Ravens again....

The Browns are 9-3, so obviously have to give them props for that, but man, have they beat some garbage teams along the way. The Tits win was nice, but that Tits D (as has been explained in great detail in this very thread) is pure garbage...

fun fact: The Tits have 14 sacks on the season....for comparison, our Chiefs, who everyone is losing their shit over because of pass rush, has 20 on the year.....hell, the Tits had 1 sack against the Bengals, a team that has given up 44 sacks on the year.....

another fun fact: The Cleveland Browns have a negative 15 point differential on the season....yes, that means that, over the course of the 12 games, their cumulative points scored against them is 15 more than they themselves have scored. That means they won a boatload of very tight games, and lost big when the lose.....
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:38 PM 12-10-2020

The Browns are 9-3, so obviously have to give them props for that, but man, have they beat some garbage teams along the way. The Tits win was nice, but that Tits D (as has been explained in great detail in this very thread) is pure garbage...

fun fact: The Tits have 14 sacks on the season....for comparison, our Chiefs, who everyone is losing their shit over because of pass rush, has 20 on the year.....hell, the Tits had 1 sack against the Bengals, a team that has given up 44 sacks on the year.....

another fun fact: The Cleveland Browns have a negative 15 point differential on the season....yes, that means that, over the course of the 12 games, their cumulative points scored against them is 15 more than they themselves have scored. That means they won a boatload of very tight games, and lost big when the lose.....
Yeah, the Browns don't worry me at all. Patrick Mahomes isn't going to lose to Baker Mayfield.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 06:45 PM 12-10-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
The Colts game doesn't even really count. Mahomes was nursing an injured ankle, Sammy, Tyreek, and Eric Fisher were all out with injuries.
exactly....this point was made earlier as well.....I mean, it does count from the context of it did happen, but the whole premise is that shortening the game doesn't mean squat.

Case in point: The final drive before the half against the Broncos: The Chiefs took over on their own 47 yard line with 28 seconds left and one time out. They kicked the field goal with 7 seconds left on the clock....so by my count that's 21 seconds.

in that 21 seconds, they had one great shot at the end zone from the 7-8 yard line. A realistic shot, clock stopped, team huddled, good play call, not some hurry up rushed play....in 21 seconds.....AND THEY DIDN'T USE THE TIME OUT....

So, all you folks that say slowing the game down is the most viable plan, please tell me how you defend that, on top of the fact that it worked 1 time 46 games Pat has started.....

If teams think they are going to grind the Chiefs out, it's not going to happen....When the Chiefs need to score, they are going to score, they've beyond proven that.....Like I said, give each team 7 possessions....I bet the Chiefs will still put up 25 points 90 out of 100 times....what about the "grinding" team
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 06:45 PM 12-10-2020
I'll say it again: Exactly once in the Pat Mahomes era did this strategy work (Colts - and quite honestly, that was the style that the Colts played anyways, so it wasn't like they significantly altered their gameplan to do it)....

Out of Pat's 7 other losses, all but one took 30 points to do it, and the one that didn't took 29 points. So, 12.5% of the time (of the 17.3% of the games Pat has lost) has this worked....it's not a strategy, it's a fallacy, and personally, if an average NFL team gets 11 possessions a game, and a "shortened" game is going to give 7 or 8, well, give the Chiefs and their opponents 7-8 right now and let's see who wins....less possessions isn't going to help teams score the 30points they are going to need to win in the vast majority of situations

So, what's the blueprint: Carolina Panthers....they took every risk in the book: went for it on 4th down, onside kicks, fake punts, flea flickers....they played fearless, high risk / high reward football, and damn near pulled it off scoring 31 points.....but that high risk / high reward comes with a price: That team basically came in with the loser mentality....they had nothing to lose, so they played that way.

That's the formula for those teams that can't hang playing their normal game, but most teams don't have the moxie to do it....
Quentin Nelson literally won that game. He was unstoppable, and dominated our defense. God it was awful watching that. Also Patrick being dinged was the other reason.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 06:52 PM 12-10-2020
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
Ugh. The 'blueprint' to beat KC is the same as beating anyone.

1. Win turnover battle.

2. Convert 3rd down, stop opponent on 3ed down. (Also known as 'controlling the clock')

3. Create more big plays than you allow

If you do 2/3, you have a good chance to win. Do all 3 and your odds are about 99% to win.

It's just hard to do. KC is good. Controlling the clock isnt just running the ball, it's making 3rd down stops and converting your own. Easier said than done against the best 3rd and long QB in NFL history.

One thing that helped the raiders was doing #3, but like the broncos they need help from the refs to stop the big plays from kc.
Lot of truth in this post....
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:02 PM 12-10-2020
The Chiefs don't need to be afraid of anyone.

If they show up and play their A game, nobody will beat them.

I don't think anyone is saying any different.

The hypothetical is, one any given Sunday on a day in which the Chiefs for whatever reason aren't playing well, which teams have a path to victory if they get a little lucky.

I don't think anyone thinks it's any more than that.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 07:04 PM 12-10-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
The Chiefs don't need to be afraid of anyone.

If they show up and play their A game, nobody will beat them.

I don't think anyone is saying any different.

The hypothetical is, one any given Sunday on a day in which the Chiefs for whatever reason aren't playing well, which teams have a path to victory if they get a little lucky.

I don't think anyone thinks it's any more than that.
On this we agree my friend! :-)
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:05 PM 12-10-2020

they're a team that appears to be improving as they go.

They're not THERE yet, but if I were a Browns fan I'd be optimistic about their immediate future.

I think they're a 10-6 or 11-5 team.

They'd have to get extremely lucky to beat the Chiefs.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:11 PM 12-10-2020

They're not THERE yet, but if I were a Browns fan I'd be optimistic about their immediate future.

CLE fans should be deliriously happy. For the first time in more than a decade they not only have a winning record, but have a legit shot at the playoffs. The one Browns fan that I know, the three times I've seen him this year he's been a very happy drunk. He has no illusions about going very far in the playoffs, but considering the decades of misery Browns' fans have put up with, just making the playoffs is a huge step for that team. Hell, just having a winning season is reason to celebrate.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:14 PM 12-10-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
CLE fans should be deliriously happy. For the first time in more than a decade they not only have a winning record, but have a legit shot at the playoffs. The one Browns fan that I know, the three times I've seen him this year he's been a very happy drunk. He has no illusions about going very far in the playoffs, but considering the decades of misery Browns' fans have put up with, just making the playoffs is a huge step for that team. Hell, just having a winning season is reason to celebrate.
They're where we were in like...Marty season 2.

That is the longest suffering, most fucked over fanbase in sports, and I'm kind of pulling for them.

Modell packing the team up and leaving town in the middle of the night was so awful.

But we'll smoke 'em if we get 'em.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 07:17 PM 12-10-2020

I agree....in a way, they're similar to where the Dolphins are at right now....nice team, but probably not quite ready for contention just yet....They've beaten some scrub teams along the way, and that negative point differential really stands out to me

But, they still have the jets on the schedule, so they'll definitely win 10....and likely they can win one of the other 3 between the Giants, Steelers, and Ravens.....so 11 very likely, outside shot for 12 wins....

I just don't trust Baker, and one week isn't proof of anything compared to 2 years of history with Baker. Is he turning a corner? perhaps...but it'll take more than one game to prove that. Heck, let's start with not getting blown out by the Ravens to start, then follow that up with not getting blown out by the Steelers.....that would go a long way to changing many folks opinions about him....

But my ultimate belief is that, while Browns fans are probably stoked about where the team is at right now, the ending is probably "factory of sadness" this year....
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:23 PM 12-10-2020
I agree....in a way, they're similar to where the Dolphins are at right now....nice team, but probably not quite ready for contention just yet....They've beaten some scrub teams along the way, and that negative point differential really stands out to me

But, they still have the jets on the schedule, so they'll definitely win 10....and likely they can win one of the other 3 between the Giants, Steelers, and Ravens.....so 11 very likely, outside shot for 12 wins....

I just don't trust Baker, and one week isn't proof of anything compared to 2 years of history with Baker. Is he turning a corner? perhaps...but it'll take more than one game to prove that. Heck, let's start with not getting blown out by the Ravens to start, then follow that up with not getting blown out by the Steelers.....that would go a long way to changing many folks opinions about him....

But my ultimate belief is that, while Browns fans are probably stoked about where the team is at right now, the ending is probably "factory of sadness" this year....
Yeah they're not there yet. But they could be really quick.

As for Baker, he's had one record setting rookie season and one shitshow in which the entire team fell apart in a Kitchens fire. And now this year, new system, plague year, took a little while to get it together. He's playing well and I see no reason not to think year 1 and now aren't more who he is than the shitshow year 2.

Another year in the system and fill some holes in the draft and they could be a pain in the ass in 2021. Miami's in the same spot, I agree.
[Reply]
Mav 07:39 PM 12-10-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:

I can confirm this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Page 94 of 162
« First < 44849091929394 95969798104144 > Last »
Up