ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 87 of 162
« First < 37778384858687 8889909197137 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>So it’s really just the Steelers [or Bills] right?
RunKC 09:41 PM 09-28-2020
I mean goddamn this conference seems wrapped up doesn’t it? Not trying to jinx us but it really seems like injuries are our biggest opponent at this point.

The Ravens are fucking frauds. They’re a warm up for us. We literally made these guys look like the JV squad the last 2 meetings.

And sure the Bills and Titans may make us work for the win, but in all honesty we have to play pretty goddamn shitty to lose to those guys.

In order to have any shot at beating us you need 3 things:

1. Elite pass rush
2. Top 10 QB capable of making critical plays
3. Overall talented roster

Steelers are the only team in the AFC that has those 3 things, and even them it’s not like they’re some serious threat like the Patriots a couple years back, but they seem like the best of the rest.

I think at this point it would be disappointing for this team to not get to the SB 3 straight times.

We’re just that good, and we keep drafting well and get better and better.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 01:56 PM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Saints aren’t a great matchup for us. I don’t think our DL would get any pressure on the QB. Their OL is outstanding.

Said before that they are the Raiders with a much better defense.
Honestly, you can make the case that, position by position, a lot of teams are a bad matchup for the Chiefs.

Coaching and QB are usually the difference.
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 01:58 PM 12-08-2020
At the end of the day, if the Chiefs play the football they are capable of playing, it won't matter who the opponent is.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:35 PM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
None of that is relevant to my point. They’re similar in that they can’t win passing the ball, which is what you will have to do against our offense barring them bringing their F game.

They need Brees against us. It’s really that simple.
Have you actually watched Hill play?

He's not that bad of a passer. He can be very efficient. If they can get the running game and short passing game going, they'll be really hard to get off the field.

I think you're simply underestimating the Saints. I've seen Hill play twice and he's not terrible like people are acting. He's not Tim Tebow.
[Reply]
Mav 02:36 PM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Saints will be one and done.

Think so? The Saints have the best defense in the NFC. If Brees is healthy, I like their chances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Mav 02:37 PM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy:
At the end of the day, if the Chiefs play the football they are capable of playing, it won't matter who the opponent is.

Very true. No one has anywhere near enough talent.

[Reply]
smithandrew051 02:47 PM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by Mav:
Think so? The Saints have the best defense in the NFC. If Brees is healthy, I like their chances.

The Saints absolutely look like the best in the NFC, but they do seem to shit the bed repeatedly in the playoffs.

I pick them to go to the Super Bowl almost every year, and I’m consistently wrong.
[Reply]
Hayneplane 03:26 PM 12-08-2020
Taysom Hill is a fabulous player that I would take for the Chiefs over almost every other guy in the NFL.

He would not see any snaps at QB bar some wildcat type gadget plays but I would have him out there almost every offensive snap as a complementary TE2 to Kelce and WR3.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:28 PM 12-08-2020
I think it's fair to say that the Saints have the most complete team in the NFC.

In part this is evidenced by the fact that they can lose their starting HOF QB and they continue to win anyway. It isn't pretty, but they have a good enough defense, OL, pass rush, secondary, running game and receiving corps to get wins without their starting QB. And a HC that knows how to do that.

I don't think they can beat the Chiefs in a SB with Taysom Hill though. Just not enough talent/experience to make that happen. But he's good enough to get a couple regular season wins, as long as the rest of his team shows up, obviously.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:08 PM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
I think it's fair to say that the Saints have the most complete team in the NFC.

In part this is evidenced by the fact that they can lose their starting HOF QB and they continue to win anyway. It isn't pretty, but they have a good enough defense, OL, pass rush, secondary, running game and receiving corps to get wins without their starting QB. And a HC that knows how to do that.

I don't think they can beat the Chiefs in a SB with Taysom Hill though. Just not enough talent/experience to make that happen. But he's good enough to get a couple regular season wins, as long as the rest of his team shows up, obviously.
Can they beat us in the regular season? :-)
[Reply]
tyecopeland 04:17 PM 12-08-2020
Florio at his finest again. This is in his power rankings.

Originally Posted by :
13. Ravens (No. 13; 6-5): The Steelers and Chiefs should be praying that the Ravens don’t make it to the playoffs.

[Reply]
Megatron96 04:26 PM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Can they beat us in the regular season? :-)
Maybe. I mean, if you're asking do they have the horses and the coaching, then yes, they can. They have a lot of talent on that team, and Kamara in particular is a tough match-up for the Chiefs, similar to Jones (GB) was last season. They do have a decent TE, and of course a couple of really good WRs.

And they have one of the best defenses front-to-back in the league. They can get pressure with their DL, they have fast LBs, and a decent group in the secondary. They can be fooled, but they aren't as loose as say the Steelers CBs.

Right this second the weak link of their offense is Taysom. But he's a great runner, especially if he gets to the second level. He's not going to wow anyone with his passing, but he doesn't do stupid things with the ball either.

IMO, the Saints just stack up a little better against the Chiefs, than just about any team out there. Taysom's running ability could be a problem for our defensive front, as we've seen several times in the past, and he's a better QB between the ears than say, Lamar, so that could be a problem as well.

But the Saints would have to do what WSH did to the Steelers last night and basically destroy the Chiefs' offensive efficiency.

No team other than the Colts has done that, and to do it the Chiefs had to play without either Hill/Watkins, the loss of two of our starting OLs, including Fisher, a hobbled Mahomes and a Shady with a tweaked ankle. Oh, and Clark and Jones got injured in that game and didn't play several drives.

So unless the Chiefs are going into MIA without Mahomes, Hill, Watkins, Fisher, Clark and Jones, that's not really a recipe for beating the Chiefs. They'll have to score a pile of points, period. Around 30. Not sure they can do that with Taysom at the wheel, but on paper, it's a possibility.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:38 PM 12-08-2020
Maybe. I mean, if you're asking do they have the horses and the coaching, then yes, they can. They have a lot of talent on that team, and Kamara in particular is a tough match-up for the Chiefs, similar to Jones (GB) was last season. They do have a decent TE, and of course a couple of really good WRs.

And they have one of the best defenses front-to-back in the league. They can get pressure with their DL, they have fast LBs, and a decent group in the secondary. They can be fooled, but they aren't as loose as say the Steelers CBs.

Right this second the weak link of their offense is Taysom. But he's a great runner, especially if he gets to the second level. He's not going to wow anyone with his passing, but he doesn't do stupid things with the ball either.

IMO, the Saints just stack up a little better against the Chiefs, than just about any team out there. Taysom's running ability could be a problem for our defensive front, as we've seen several times in the past, and he's a better QB between the ears than say, Lamar, so that could be a problem as well.

But the Saints would have to do what WSH did to the Steelers last night and basically destroy the Chiefs' offensive efficiency.

No team other than the Colts has done that, and to do it the Chiefs had to play without either Hill/Watkins, the loss of two of our starting OLs, including Fisher, a hobbled Mahomes and a Shady with a tweaked ankle. Oh, and Clark and Jones got injured in that game and didn't play several drives.

So unless the Chiefs are going into MIA without Mahomes, Hill, Watkins, Fisher, Clark and Jones, that's not really a recipe for beating the Chiefs. They'll have to score a pile of points, period. Around 30. Not sure they can do that with Taysom at the wheel, but on paper, it's a possibility.
I agree with pretty much all of this.
[Reply]
RoyalsAndSaints 07:28 PM 12-08-2020

Great assessments, as usual. :-)
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 07:33 PM 12-08-2020

This....made similar points in the "Let's Talk Dolphins" thread.....other than the Colts game, every team that beat us had to score 29+ points AND force a boatload of mistakes.....

this non-sense of "slowing the game down" hasn't worked at all other than that Colts game
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 07:42 PM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by tyecopeland:
Florio at his finest again. This is in his power rankings.
Steelers? Ok, but the Chiefs part makes zero sense.
[Reply]
Page 87 of 162
« First < 37778384858687 8889909197137 > Last »
Up