ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 147 of 162
« First < 4797137143144145146147 148149150151157 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>So it’s really just the Steelers [or Bills] right?
RunKC 09:41 PM 09-28-2020
I mean goddamn this conference seems wrapped up doesn’t it? Not trying to jinx us but it really seems like injuries are our biggest opponent at this point.

The Ravens are fucking frauds. They’re a warm up for us. We literally made these guys look like the JV squad the last 2 meetings.

And sure the Bills and Titans may make us work for the win, but in all honesty we have to play pretty goddamn shitty to lose to those guys.

In order to have any shot at beating us you need 3 things:

1. Elite pass rush
2. Top 10 QB capable of making critical plays
3. Overall talented roster

Steelers are the only team in the AFC that has those 3 things, and even them it’s not like they’re some serious threat like the Patriots a couple years back, but they seem like the best of the rest.

I think at this point it would be disappointing for this team to not get to the SB 3 straight times.

We’re just that good, and we keep drafting well and get better and better.
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:47 PM 12-23-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
they're going to finish no worse than 11-5. When's the last time the Browns went 11-5?

It's even likely given the total implosion of the Squealers that they'll go 12-4. Have the Browns EVER gone 12-4?

As a Chiefs fan, I'm not afraid of the Browns. I'm not afraid of anyone.

But there's us, and then there's everyone else, and as long as The Chiefs take care of business, we'll be basking in the glory of a repeat championship in February.

It doesn't mean you can't acknowledge other teams being good. They're just not GREAT.

The Bills are good. The Browns are good. The rest in the AFC are not there yet or are declining.
Good teams win big games. The Bills beat a 1-loss Steelers team handily. The Bills beat the Rams. The Bills annihilated a decent Denver defense. They beat the Seahawks in a shootout.

Cleveland simply hasn't beaten anybody. Against their toughest competition, they've folded up and lost.

Good teams do clutch things. The Browns have yet to do anything "clutch".

I'm not saying they're a BAD team but they're not a truly good team until they prove they can do what truly good teams do.
[Reply]
notorious 06:57 PM 12-23-2020
The Bills would crush the Browns if they played tomorrow.

Bills are hot right now.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:24 PM 12-23-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
fuck's your problem?

I was more concerned with Henry and the Titans last play-off than the Ravens. That's all. That's more than reasonable.

If that bothers your tender sensibilities, put me on ignore. It's not like I'll miss your sparkling conversation.
You were scared shitless of them :-)
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:25 PM 12-23-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:
The Bills would crush the Browns if they played tomorrow.

Bills are hot right now.
Yup. Same old Browns. Ravens game proved it.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:26 PM 12-23-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
They lost. In spectacular fashion.

They're still the Browns until they prove otherwise.
:-) just like we were the same old chiefs with Alex. Baker isn't winning shit.
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:08 PM 12-23-2020
Not sure if anyone noticed- but the Chiefs are playing some pretty good ball. Nice win streak going as well.
[Reply]
O.city 09:12 PM 12-23-2020
The browns are the Jamal Charles chiefs of say, 2010
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:31 PM 12-23-2020
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
You were scared shitless of them :-)
you're fuckin' weird.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:37 PM 12-23-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Nah, the Browns are the Chargers under Marty and Norv.

Talented defense, nice running backs, WR's, offensive line and a QB that at times looks like he's "special", until he's not.

It's still amazing that the Chargers never won anything when they had a young Rivers, a Hall of Fame TE in Antonio Gates, a Hall of Fame running back in LaDanian Tomlinson, a defense led by Shawn Merriman and so on.

What a complete waste of talent.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:37 PM 12-23-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Oh oh so he is Baker Cassel. Outstanding comparison
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:39 PM 12-23-2020
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Oh oh so he is Baker Cassel. Outstanding comparison
Baker Mayfield is 1000x the QB of Matt Cassel.

Good fucking grief.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:46 PM 12-23-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Baker Mayfield is 1000x the QB of Matt Cassel.

Good fucking grief.
Baker Mayfield actually played in college.
[Reply]
O.city 09:47 PM 12-23-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Nah, the Browns are the Chargers under Marty and Norv.

Talented defense, nice running backs, WR's, offensive line and a QB that at times looks like he's "special", until he's not.

It's still amazing that the Chargers never won anything when they had a young Rivers, a Hall of Fame TE in Antonio Gates, a Hall of Fame running back in LaDanian Tomlinson, a defense led by Shawn Merriman and so on.

What a complete waste of talent.
They defense is ok. Nothing to write home about.

Browns aren’t bad. They’re a fine good team. I doubt they win a playoff game though
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:14 AM 12-24-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
They lost. In spectacular fashion.

They're still the Browns until they prove otherwise.
O
they lost in the last 14 seconds of the game. On some silly nonsense play. If there were 2 minutes left in that game, they would've marched it downfield and won that game.

They basically lost that game in exactly the same way the Chiefs lost to the Patriots the first time in 2018. The offense did their job, and the defense shit the bed.

Don't tell me that the Browns lost "because they're the Browns," because that's a load of BS. They scored 22 points in the 4th Q against the 5th best scoring defense in the league. They racked up more yards, more TOP, and more 1st downs than BAL.

CLE has a legit offense that has scored more than 100 points over their last 3 games. They just have a decimated defense. Once they get some defensive starters back, they'll be more dangerous than the Titans, for certain.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 08:35 AM 12-24-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
O
they lost in the last 14 seconds of the game. On some silly nonsense play. If there were 2 minutes left in that game, they would've marched it downfield and won that game.

They basically lost that game in exactly the same way the Chiefs lost to the Patriots the first time in 2018. The offense did their job, and the defense shit the bed.

Don't tell me that the Browns lost "because they're the Browns," because that's a load of BS. They scored 22 points in the 4th Q against the 5th best scoring defense in the league. They racked up more yards, more TOP, and more 1st downs than BAL.

CLE has a legit offense that has scored more than 100 points over their last 3 games. They just have a decimated defense. Once they get some defensive starters back, they'll be more dangerous than the Titans, for certain.

Yet, they still have a minus 6 point differential on the year.....

4-0 v. NFC East; 4-0 v. AFC South....2-3 in division (both wins against the Bengals) lost to the Raiders. They are going to beat the Jets, and I have them losing to Pit in the final week, as I think Pit will eventually stop the bleeding, but they aren't going to regain the swagger and form they previously had....

The Browns certainly are playing good ball right now, but I don't even have them making it in the Playoffs with 11 wins (even though that really bucks the odds - I have both Miami and Balt winning out to get to 11 as well. PLUS: That Steelers / Browns game will be for the AFC North title after the Colts knock off the Steelers this week.....PIT will be highly motivated to win that game, and will give Baker fits)

Ultimately, I think the Browns are a microcosm of how I feel about most of the AFC teams.....they all could equally win or lose against each other on any given week, even if both bring their "A" games to the table

in my Playoff Machine estimate, I have
Bills (2) / Ravens(7)
Colts (3) / Dolphins (6)
Steelers (4) / Titans (5)

If that were the line up for wild card weekend, does anyone think those higher seeds couldn't run the table? Take either the Dolphins or Ravens out and put the Browns in....it's still the same. How freaky would it be if 5, 6, and 7 all advance....could happen given that this year, HFA isn't really a thing, particularly in Buffalo where there are zero fans....

Wild card weekend is going to be a battle in the AFC, all while the Chiefs are resting up. And there is nobody in that field that's going to beat the Chiefs If both teams bring their "A" game.....and I'm not sure half of them could win playing their "A" game v. Chiefs "B" game (which is what I feel we've seen most of this season).

All my very humble opinion!
[Reply]
Page 147 of 162
« First < 4797137143144145146147 148149150151157 > Last »
Up