ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Minimum age for kiddo to enjoy a regular season game?
luv 11:30 AM 04-25-2019
Taking the kiddo to his first game during preseason this year. He'll be 3 1/2. I think he's too young for a regular season game. Just wondering what age you would want your kiddo to be before you took them to their first regular season game?
[Reply]
loochy 02:56 PM 04-25-2019
Old enough to know to keep his distance from Tyreek
[Reply]
alpha_omega 03:06 PM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by alpha_omega:
Yep. Age 6 was my sons first game. Loved it.
Originally Posted by kc rush:
Depends upon the seats and the opposing team. Lower level is probably fine for the 10ish range. I'd say older for dealing with the drunks and raider scum that show up in the nosebleeds.
That is an excellent point rush. In my original post about my son being 6 when we went...we did have club level tix so that most definitely did make a difference.
[Reply]
Eleazar 03:08 PM 04-25-2019
I can't imagine a 3 year old paying attention to the game for even a quarter.
[Reply]
58-4ever 03:29 PM 04-25-2019
I brought my 7 year old to a prime time game and it was a mistake. There were drunk idiots barfing and falling over before the game even started. Awful.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 03:32 PM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefBlueCFC:

I also think it depends where you sit, if you can afford to spend a little more on tickets and get in the lower bowl or in the suites its better. If you're trying to get cheap tickets and sit up top then I would wait until the kid is a little older since it can be a little more wild up there lol
This... depending on where you are, it could be like taking your kid to the bar at midnight on a weekend. And, then you have the whole attention span thing... is it worth it? I think it's a gamble.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 03:58 PM 04-25-2019
Actually I'm revising my answer.

Forgot about how Zoomer kids have no attention span thanks to the wonders of tech.

13-14 is probably the right age anymore if they give a shit about the sport.
[Reply]
J Diddy 04:18 PM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by luv:
Taking the kiddo to his first game during preseason this year. He'll be 3 1/2. I think he's too young for a regular season game. Just wondering what age you would want your kiddo to be before you took them to their first regular season game?
I wouldn't take him to a preseason game. The people who show up because of $5 tickets is scary. 1st time with my 13 year old son at a preseason game a dude was arrested for smoking him self a high high and could give 2 fucks knew it. He made it until the 3rd quarter. The poor chick in front of us passed out cold drunk as hell in the 1st. She made it until the 3rd when she had to piss and came back and tried to sit in somebody else's seat that somebody was occupying. Fight pursued. Drunk chick had some moves but a weak chin. She lasted about 3 swings, then on her ass, then vomiting, then out the door.

My advice wait til he's old enough to handle the noise of a regular season game.
[Reply]
Eleazar 04:24 PM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by J Diddy:
I wouldn't take him to a preseason game. The people who show up because of $5 tickets is scary. 1st time with my 13 year old son at a preseason game a dude was arrested for smoking him self a high high and could give 2 ****s knew it. He made it until the 3rd quarter. The poor chick in front of us passed out cold drunk as hell in the 1st. She made it until the 3rd when she had to piss and came back and tried to sit in somebody else's seat that somebody was occupying. Fight pursued. Drunk chick had some moves but a weak chin. She lasted about 3 swings, then on her ass, then vomiting, then out the door.

My advice wait til he's old enough to handle the noise of a regular season game.
This. The preseason crowd is trashier
[Reply]
Stewie 04:30 PM 04-25-2019
I'd say 12 at a minimum. Anything younger is a waste of time and money unless you think having the kiddos in the stadium is an experience for them. It's not. There's a reason there's a huge part of the K that keeps kids entertained while the game is going on. They just don't care and would rather be doing something else.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:31 PM 04-25-2019
Don't take your child to a Chiefs game until he actually likes the Chiefs.

Build the anticipation.
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:51 PM 04-25-2019
I was watching the games and grasping the concepts at 7-8 years old
[Reply]
58-4ever 04:54 PM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Don't take your child to a Chiefs game until he actually likes the Chiefs.

Build the anticipation.
shut your mouth, virgin. no kid advice from you
[Reply]
J Diddy 05:54 PM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
I was watching the games and grasping the concepts at 7-8 years old
I’m pretty sure an infant could understand the concept behind Marty ball but don’t know now
[Reply]
Great Expectations 10:21 PM 04-25-2019
I currently have a 6 and 8 year old. Both of their first games were when they were 6. The youngest one loved it, we were endzone lower level. The oldest one had fun when he was six, but we were in a box and he mostly liked it because of the free cokes.
[Reply]
Fish 10:34 PM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by Stewie:
I'd say 12 at a minimum. Anything younger is a waste of time and money unless you think having the kiddos in the stadium is an experience for them. It's not. There's a reason there's a huge part of the K that keeps kids entertained while the game is going on. They just don't care and would rather be doing something else.
This. The majority of kids under that age aren't really going to care in the slightest. They're going to do anything and everything else to entertain themselves instead. But there's not room for that in the narrow Arrowhead seating at all.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up