ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2405 of 3903
« First < 1405190523052355239524012402240324042405 240624072408240924152455250529053405 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Mecca 02:52 PM 06-24-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
We've booted people for less. It starts with a joke, but then people basically aren't allowed to respond to you without risking getting too political themselves. So just don't.
Alright sorry, I was just playing around at Pete being dense.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:55 PM 06-24-2020
Lol Mecca continues to play stupid, while also pretending that he’s politically neutral.

What a fucking clown
[Reply]
petegz28 03:00 PM 06-24-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Pete. Pete. Pete.

Did you read the articles that you linked? Well I read "Could Statins Reduce the Severity of COVID-19" and it definitely did not say that statins could prevent you from getting COVID. The study that the article refers to hadn't even started at the time of the article. The article literally says

"Statins’ performance in clinical trials for infections

Although the data on COVID-19 and statins are scant, evidence from other infections, such as influenza, indicate that the drugs could have some benefit."

The only thing this article does is points out why statins may work.

The abstract of the Chinese study that Discuss Thrower posted actually states "however, statins may increase the risk of SARS-CoV-2 viral entry by inducing ACE2 expression" which is the complete opposite of what you said "actually there was a study several weeks ago done in this country stating very similar, that statins could help prevent getting Corona". Pete, you didn't even read the abstract of the study that Discuss Thrower posted. Do you really not understand how that would be confusing for SupDock to understand how statins, according to you, prevent COVID when a lot of old people are on statins, but are still getting COVID.

You are being a dick like usual. If youre gonna act like a jackass and post articles to support the shit you are saying, then it's probably a good idea to read the article. God damn man, you need to take a little bit of a break from this thread. It's got you flustered.
Calm yourself there, asshole, I will never be as much of a dick as you are. So you have nothing to fear. :-)
[Reply]
dlphg9 03:42 PM 06-24-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Calm yourself there, asshole, I will never be as much of a dick as you are. So you have nothing to fear. :-)
Oh yeah I'm an aas hole, but I don't have a problem with being one and I damn sure dont turn into a little bitch when I get called out for it and then act like I was joking or being sarcastic.
[Reply]
Donger 04:27 PM 06-24-2020
"Because the spread is so rampant right now, there's never a reason for you to have to leave your home," Abbott told CNN affiliate KBTX. "Unless you do need to go out, the safest place for you is at your home."

New cases and hospitalizations are rising at their fastest rate yet, with Texas reporting 5,551 cases on Wednesday, breaking the previous record of 5,489 set the day before, health authorities said.
[Reply]
Donger 04:28 PM 06-24-2020
In the nation's most populous state, California obliterated its previous single-day high with 7,149 cases reported on Tuesday, according to state Department of Public Health. The previous record, set the day before, was just more than 5,000. Hospitalization and ICU rates due to the virus are also at an all-time high in the state.

Gov. Gavin Newsom pleaded with Californians to think of others by wearing masks, keeping a safe distance and increasing handwashing. Loosely quoting Scripture, Newsom implored residents to "love thy neighbors, like yourself, please."

Acknowledging that younger people tend to feel safer returning to normal, Newsom said, "be careful about Mom and Dad, and careful about your mother-in-law, your father-in-law, your grandparents."

In Florida, the state reported 5,511 new cases on Tuesday, the highest number in a single day, according to the Florida Department of Health.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 04:36 PM 06-24-2020
New York is now imposing mandatory quarantine for 14 days with up to a $10K fine if a person does not follow those guidelines.

How are they going to track people and find them and then fine them? Hell the cops can't do their job as is and now they are going to add something like this, what a bunch of stupid shit.
[Reply]
TLO 04:36 PM 06-24-2020
Looks like around 750 on Worldomoters today.
[Reply]
TLO 04:38 PM 06-24-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
"Because the spread is so rampant right now, there's never a reason for you to have to leave your home," Abbott told CNN affiliate KBTX. "Unless you do need to go out, the safest place for you is at your home."

New cases and hospitalizations are rising at their fastest rate yet, with Texas reporting 5,551 cases on Wednesday, breaking the previous record of 5,489 set the day before, health authorities said.
In the nation's most populous state, California obliterated its previous single-day high with 7,149 cases reported on Tuesday, according to state Department of Public Health. The previous record, set the day before, was just more than 5,000. Hospitalization and ICU rates due to the virus are also at an all-time high in the state.

Gov. Gavin Newsom pleaded with Californians to think of others by wearing masks, keeping a safe distance and increasing handwashing. Loosely quoting Scripture, Newsom implored residents to "love thy neighbors, like yourself, please."

Acknowledging that younger people tend to feel safer returning to normal, Newsom said, "be careful about Mom and Dad, and careful about your mother-in-law, your father-in-law, your grandparents."

In Florida, the state reported 5,511 new cases on Tuesday, the highest number in a single day, according to the Florida Department of Health.
This is disheartening.
[Reply]
TLO 04:41 PM 06-24-2020
The IHME updated again today if anyone gives a shit. They're pushing for everyone to wear masks to decrease the death toll. (Even without the masks they still revised their death toll down)

They sure shot up the numbers for Missouri though. Wow.
[Reply]
DaFace 04:48 PM 06-24-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
New York is now imposing mandatory quarantine for 14 days with up to a $10K fine if a person does not follow those guidelines.

How are they going to track people and find them and then fine them? Hell the cops can't do their job as is and now they are going to add something like this, what a bunch of stupid shit.
It's mostly just a deterrent. Speeding tickets aren't meant to find everyone who speeds. They're to keep the general population in line.
[Reply]
jdubya 05:01 PM 06-24-2020

I`m still waiting for Newsome to implore that the looting and vandalism and killing stop during protests. (smacking forehead) Thats right, the rioting and protesting didnt affect the spread....my bad.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 05:09 PM 06-24-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
It's mostly just a deterrent. Speeding tickets aren't meant to find everyone who speeds. They're to keep the general population in line.
A ticket can easily be tracked and the fin recovered, not so much with this. Threatening to whip your kids butt and never doing doesn't work and actually makes things worse.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 05:13 PM 06-24-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:

Yeah very strange. How do you even keep track of something like that?
[Reply]
DaFace 05:25 PM 06-24-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Yeah very strange. How do you even keep track of something like that?
Seems like someone got dinged with a fine in a different city because they posted about their vacation on social media and then posted out at a bar or something like that. I could be off on the details though.
[Reply]
Page 2405 of 3903
« First < 1405190523052355239524012402240324042405 240624072408240924152455250529053405 > Last »
Up