ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2404 of 3903
« First < 1404190423042354239424002401240224032404 240524062407240824142454250429043404 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
DaFace 02:27 PM 06-24-2020
Originally Posted by SupDock:
I hear about this stuff all day long.
Eh, what do you know? I bet you don't have a bachelor's degree in finance.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:28 PM 06-24-2020
Pete is kinda like Trump he knows everything about everything, the sooner we all accept that the sooner we'll all become enlightened.
[Reply]
DaFace 02:29 PM 06-24-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
The WWE now has multiple positive tests......so far it appears their action is going to be to act like it doesn't exist.
At some point, I actually wonder if that's just how it's going to have to be. It's pretty clear that sports aren't going to have a prayer of happening if they shut down every time a player tests positive. It's risky, but I can see some logic in saying, "players are likely going to get it, but we'll try and keep them from infecting others" and hoping for the best.

Of course, if a single player from any league is seriously harmed, all hell will break loose.
[Reply]
SupDock 02:30 PM 06-24-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Eh, what do you know? I bet you don't have a bachelor's degree in finance.
I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:30 PM 06-24-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
At some point, I actually wonder if that's just how it's going to have to be. It's pretty clear that sports aren't going to have a prayer of happening if they shut down every time a player tests positive. It's risky, but I can see some logic in saying, "players are likely going to get it, but we'll try and keep them from infecting others" and hoping for the best.

Of course, if a single player from any league is seriously harmed, all hell will break loose.
The problem with that is wrestling is far closer quarters than any other sport there is...not to mention WWE's history of basically showing they treat their wrestlers like circus animals.
[Reply]
stumppy 02:31 PM 06-24-2020
:-)
Attached: OIP.jpg (24.0 KB) 
[Reply]
Fish 02:34 PM 06-24-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Pete insisting things are true unless proven false.

:-)

He’s so backwards.
It's like interacting with a hyperactive toddler.
[Reply]
KCUnited 02:35 PM 06-24-2020
Not the sport of wrestling!
[Reply]
kgrund 02:36 PM 06-24-2020
The WWE now has multiple positive tests......so far it appears their action is going to be to act like it doesn't exist.
And probably be fine.
[Reply]
Fish 02:37 PM 06-24-2020
Anybody think wrestling fans will deny that it's real?
[Reply]
Bearcat 02:42 PM 06-24-2020
Pete is kinda like Trump he knows everything about everything, the sooner we all accept that the sooner we'll all become enlightened.
You really should be banned from this thread by now with the other past warning (or two) and people calling you out on this stuff several times, as you've off-and-on BRC'd this thread with subtle (and not so subtle) political posts..... but, several people have been booted for similar posts (while the Reaganomics thing and others have been more eye-rolling than anything), so please just stop.
[Reply]
dlphg9 02:42 PM 06-24-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Well I don't know what to tell you but it was all over the news.

Maybe you should call someone?

Could Statins Reduce the Severity of COVID-19?
https://www.the-scientist.com/news-o...ovid-19--67629

Major study finds common steroid reduces deaths among patients with severe Covid-19
https://www.statnews.com/2020/06/16/...vere-covid-19/
Originally Posted by petegz28:
I don't know, the people who are doing these studies on apparently things that are already known???

Sorry, I am not trying to be a dick but it's like whenever a study comes out that says x will help there is a certain few people here who have the same almost Pavlovian responses to them.

You were kinda going that way without knowing of or reading about the studies you were already beginning to dismiss them.
Pete. Pete. Pete.

Did you read the articles that you linked? Well I read "Could Statins Reduce the Severity of COVID-19" and it definitely did not say that statins could prevent you from getting COVID. The study that the article refers to hadn't even started at the time of the article. The article literally says

"Statins’ performance in clinical trials for infections

Although the data on COVID-19 and statins are scant, evidence from other infections, such as influenza, indicate that the drugs could have some benefit."

The only thing this article does is points out why statins may work.

The abstract of the Chinese study that Discuss Thrower posted actually states "however, statins may increase the risk of SARS-CoV-2 viral entry by inducing ACE2 expression" which is the complete opposite of what you said "actually there was a study several weeks ago done in this country stating very similar, that statins could help prevent getting Corona". Pete, you didn't even read the abstract of the study that Discuss Thrower posted. Do you really not understand how that would be confusing for SupDock to understand how statins, according to you, prevent COVID when a lot of old people are on statins, but are still getting COVID.

You are being a dick like usual. If youre gonna act like a jackass and post articles to support the shit you are saying, then it's probably a good idea to read the article. God damn man, you need to take a little bit of a break from this thread. It's got you flustered.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:48 PM 06-24-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
You really should be banned from this thread by now with the other past warning (or two) and people calling you out on this stuff several times, as you've off-and-on BRC'd this thread with subtle (and not so subtle) political posts..... but, several people have been booted for similar posts (while the Reaganomics thing and others have been more eye-rolling than anything), so please just stop.
It was a joke, relax.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:49 PM 06-24-2020
Originally Posted by Fish:
Anybody think wrestling fans will deny that it's real?
The virus or the sport? I mean there is a reason the south is getting hit harder than any other place at the moment...
[Reply]
DaFace 02:50 PM 06-24-2020
It was a joke, relax.
We've booted people for less. It starts with a joke, but then people basically aren't allowed to respond to you without risking getting too political themselves. So just don't.
[Reply]
Page 2404 of 3903
« First < 1404190423042354239424002401240224032404 240524062407240824142454250429043404 > Last »
Up