ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2399 of 3903
« First < 1399189922992349238923952396239723982399 240024012402240324092449249928993399 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Bearcat 08:46 PM 06-23-2020
Originally Posted by SupDock:
in your scenario the only options are intentionally underreporting or overreporting?

Interesting
Uh, no... I said it was inevitable that the combination of no elective surgeries + Covid money would lead to (some) hospitals over-reporting. And that doesn't mean everyone who walks in the door has Covid, but a positive test equals money, so do they really care if they also had terminal cancer?

And given Montocore's statement that over-reporting didn't make sense, I took his post to say under-reporting would make sense.... hey, no Covid here, let's get back to normal!.

So, I simply said if a hospital chose between one or the other, they would over-report before under-reporting.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:50 PM 06-23-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Uh, no... I said it was inevitable that the combination of no elective surgeries + Covid money would lead to (some) hospitals over-reporting. And that doesn't mean everyone who walks in the door has Covid, but a positive test equals money, so do they really care if they also had terminal cancer?

And given Montocore's statement that over-reporting didn't make sense, I took his post to say under-reporting would make sense.... hey, no Covid here, let's get back to normal!.

So, I simply said if a hospital chose between one or the other, they would over-report before under-reporting.
I hate to break it to people but hospitals are a "for profit" gig. Even the "not for profit" gigs. They depend on revenue and like any other business if they see a way to legally increase revenue they are going to do it.
[Reply]
Monticore 09:55 PM 06-23-2020
Hospitals are required to report cases... no idea if there's some kind of penalty for not doing so, but since they have/had no idea when elective surgeries are/were coming back, they might as well go the route of over-reporting and getting money instead of under-reporting and not getting money and possibly getting into deep shit.
Don’t hospitals get audited? Doesn’t the insurance company investigate, not sure how it works for you guys but you can’t just make stuff up without penalties .
[Reply]
SupDock 10:23 PM 06-23-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Don’t hospitals get audited? Doesn’t the insurance company investigate, not sure how it works for you guys but you can’t just make stuff up without penalties .
Yep. Giant penalties for hospital billing fraud
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:23 PM 06-23-2020
He's talking out of his ass. If a group like JCAHO found malfeasance, they'd strip accreditation and the hospital would lose CMS reimbursement.
[Reply]
SupDock 10:26 PM 06-23-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
My thing is I don't necessarily care how the hospitals fudge the numbers. I don't. It's how the politicians react knowing the numbers are being played but act as if they aren't.

For example: I have a motorcycle wreck and break some ribs and a leg. I get admitted to the hospital. I get tested by default for Covid. I test positive. I am now "hospitalized" with Covid but not because of Covid.

Unfortunately that doesn't play out when the numbers get reported and if it does the media by an large ignores is because they want the shock factor.
If you test positive for Covid-19, you likely require special resources.

I have no idea how compensation works specifically for Covid-19 cases, but I would imagine that you would require additional resources related to your diagnosis while hospitalized.

Doesn't sound nefarious to me

If you broke your ribs and also had diabetes and hypertension, the hospitalist would charge for management of these conditions, whether or not that was the reason for your admission
[Reply]
raidersnumber1 11:00 PM 06-23-2020
imagine how small somebody's penis is if they get upset at the thought of OTHER people wearing a mask inside a grocery store to protect themselves and others, hurting absolutely nobody by doing that. You hurt muh freedumbz.
[Reply]
eDave 01:20 AM 06-24-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Dave is the best gay evil scumbag soyboy marxist globalist beta male elitist asshole poster over there, he trolls the fuck out of them and they don't even realize it.
Thanks man.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 01:36 AM 06-24-2020
There are big data analytics that will be able to trace hospitals fraudulently reporting the numbers. If fraud is suspected, it's absolutely reported 100% of the time.

This concept floating around that a guy in a top hat is writing COVID-19 on all these reports while laughing menacingly is amusing.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:16 AM 06-24-2020
Originally Posted by SupDock:
If you test positive for Covid-19, you likely require special resources.

I have no idea how compensation works specifically for Covid-19 cases, but I would imagine that you would require additional resources related to your diagnosis while hospitalized.

Doesn't sound nefarious to me

If you broke your ribs and also had diabetes and hypertension, the hospitalist would charge for management of these conditions, whether or not that was the reason for your admission
You completely missed the entire point.
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:51 AM 06-24-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
He's talking out of his ass. If a group like JCAHO found malfeasance, they'd strip accreditation and the hospital would lose CMS reimbursement.
Oh, I certainly have no idea what's taken place, and if I hadn't said it in such plain terms before, it should still be obvious by the wording of my posts that it's all theoretical.

Unless I've mistyped something, I never said or even implied hospitals are actively misrepresenting anything, just that it completely makes sense to do so.

On Black & White Planet though, it becomes "those are the only two choices!!!"
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 08:04 AM 06-24-2020
Oh, I certainly have no idea what's taken place, and if I hadn't said it in such plain terms before, it should still be obvious by the wording of my posts that it's all theoretical.

Unless I've mistyped something, I never said or even implied hospitals are actively misrepresenting anything, just that it completely makes sense to do so.

On Black & White Planet though, it becomes "those are the only two choices!!!"
For the sake of clarity, I wasn't referring to you in that post, but pete.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 08:05 AM 06-24-2020
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
There are big data analytics that will be able to trace hospitals fraudulently reporting the numbers. If fraud is suspected, it's absolutely reported 100% of the time.

This concept floating around that a guy in a top hat is writing COVID-19 on all these reports while laughing menacingly is amusing.
There is also something called the Medicare Fee Service Recovery Audit Program. Their job is to detect and track all 50 states who fraudulently bill to Medicare by auditing huge numbers of charts. It doesnt matter if its 1 or 2 years after the fact, if they find you billed for services that didn't occur, or assigned comorbid status to patients who dont qualify, they will get their money back plus interest.
[Reply]
loochy 08:09 AM 06-24-2020
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
There is also something called the Medicare Fee Service Recovery Audit Program. Their job is to detect and track all 50 states who fraudulently bill to Medicare by auditing huge numbers of charts. It doesnt matter if its 1 or 2 years after the fact, if they find you billed for services that didn't occur, or assigned comorbid status to patients who dont qualify, they will get their money back plus interest.

Ask Black Helicopters what happens when you fraudulently bill Medicare.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:10 AM 06-24-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
For the sake of clarity, I wasn't referring to you in that post, but pete.
Pete what? I didn't say anything about fraud at all. I said if they were doing something that was legal to increase their revenue what would you expect? The word "legal" seems to fly in the face of your implication that I said fraud. But whatever.
[Reply]
Page 2399 of 3903
« First < 1399189922992349238923952396239723982399 240024012402240324092449249928993399 > Last »
Up