ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Nzoner's Game Room>How to Live to 120
Hog's Gone Fishin 09:20 AM 04-20-2024
Pretty interesting stuff here.

[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 10:58 AM 04-20-2024
40 years in a nursing home will be fun as long as I can still receive scam calls
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 11:00 AM 04-20-2024
If living to 120 means living 30-40 years of your remaining life without Mahomes as the Chiefs QB… I’d be okay with tapping out earlier.
[Reply]
stumppy 11:00 AM 04-20-2024
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Dude's probably gonna die of a random heart attack next Tuesday.
Prob because he missed 5 minutes of his scheduled sleep.
[Reply]
Rausch 11:04 AM 04-20-2024
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I've always thought, despite so many people who say 80+ years isn't enough and life is short, that I'd be ready to die at that point.... I might change my mind if I get there, but thinking I'm not even halfway to 90 is kind of mind boggling.
Deep down I'd like to out live my wife so she doesn't have to die alone. Problem is she's a mix of Native/Mexican and Irish. If the Native/Mexican genes take over her two grandmother's lived beyond 100.

I ain't making that and wouldn't want to.
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:04 AM 04-20-2024
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
It's theoretically palatable to say that you don't want to live to a particularly long age, but once you turn 60 you start rethinking that. As long as I can be healthy, I'm perfectly fine reading and watching television by myself.
Yeah, personally I really want to get to retirement age healthy (and after watching some family health issues at that age, have taken some steps to help make that happen), and then wonder how much you can cram into that part of your life... my grandfather traveled all over the world after retirement, then had a relatively short time where he wasn't nearly as mobile and had a couple long stays in hospitals due to relatively simple issues that just took a bit to recover from at his age (and live to 94).

I've heard financial people call it your 'go-go years' when you first retire, then your 'some-go' years, then 'no-go' years.... a decade of no-go currently sounds like a no-go for me, but maybe we'll be watching Mahomes' grandkids winning Super Bowls for the Kansas Chiefs in the International Football League.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:10 AM 04-20-2024
Unless we end up in a world like the Jetsons, who the hell wants to live to 120?
[Reply]
Smed1065 11:17 AM 04-20-2024
If only the good die young, guess I'll live to be 150 or so....Karma. Dad is 88 and was doing fine until he fell and broke his hip and collarbone. Moms been gone for 5 years now and she was the health-nut while dad smokes non-filtered cigs and smokes 2 packs a day for 68 years.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:33 AM 04-20-2024
Originally Posted by Smed1065:
If only the good die young, guess I'll live to be 150 or so....Karma. Dad is 88 and was doing fine until he fell and broke his hip and collarbone. Moms been gone for 5 years now and she was the health-nut while dad smokes non-filtered cigs and smokes 2 packs a day for 68 years.
Watch your dad closely. Elderly people breaking a hip is usually a bad sign of things to come. Lot of them die a few years after that
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 11:35 AM 04-20-2024
After watching the video I added a few things to my grocery list ,

Now it consists of Broccoli, Cauliflower, ginger, EVO , Keystone Light, Tostitos, cheese dip
[Reply]
scho63 11:44 AM 04-20-2024
With the way things are going in the world and here in the US, the last thing I want to do is live another 60 years.
[Reply]
wazu 12:02 PM 04-20-2024
We need Mahomes to take notice of this guy's regimen so he can play until 50.
[Reply]
Mr. Wizard 12:05 PM 04-20-2024
Originally Posted by Smed1065:
This. You can’t fight genetics. Live your life and pray you die in your sleep.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 12:08 PM 04-20-2024
That’s why it’s never too early to get your will and advance directives set up.
[Reply]
redfan 12:11 PM 04-20-2024
Don't drink and don't smoke, still die.
[Reply]
stevieray 12:29 PM 04-20-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
My wife’s great grandmother lived to 103 and at the end she hated every minute of it. At about 85 she had become the last of her friends and recent family she knew growing up.

By 95 she was depressed and just wanted to die. The closest people to her in the Senior facility that weren’t living vegetables were in their 70’s that she didn’t have anything in common due to age gap so she felt lonely all the time.
My aunt is about to turn 94.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up