ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 122 of 270
« First < 2272112118119120121122 123124125126132172222 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***OFFICIAL 2019 Chiefs Training Camp Thread***
RealSNR 02:58 PM 07-23-2019
Tweets from https://twitter.com/RMSWeather/lists/chiefs

In the meantime, this gem from Andy Reid's press conference today:

Andy Reid was asked if he did anything fun or exotic this offseason: “I attacked a couple Chile rellenos.”

— Jeff Darlington (@JeffDarlington) July 23, 2019

[Reply]
BossChief 12:01 AM 08-02-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
When? Now?

Nope. Even if Jones doesn't get extended, you go for this year.

If you mean via a tag and trade for Jones next season? Totally on board. I would love to see additional draft capital to allow this squad to address the OL and CB situations long-term with higher end prospects.

I think people are sleeping on how tough it's gonna be to keep building this team around the highest paid player in football and the sacrifices that's gonna take. I mean hearing people say "well just extend Watkins then!" tells me they have very little concept of how much that jump from him $5 million in cap charges to $40 million is going to hurt.

I mean if Hill alone were making at his market value, we'd be tight against the cap. And we can make it work with all 3 of them going forward but as I've noted, Veach will be working without a net at that point and without a ton of draft capital to fortify things.

He's gotta be right and he's gotta build almost exclusively around veterans on 1-year 'make good' deals, these Lee/Ragland/Ogbah kind of trades for disappointing young veterans and draft picks. That's doable every now and again but that will be the SOP for the next 3-4 years if you keep all those guys.

If I were in charge I would want to give myself more breathing room, more flexibility and a chance at additional bites at the apple. Extra cap space and draft picks does that.

If you can save yourself $35 million in cap space and effectively trade for an additional day 1 and 2 of the NFL draft, I kinda think that's a slam dunk.
The team has 3 more years before Mahomes is going to have a massive cap hit.

Even if they extend him after this year, that extension is added to the end of the existing rookie contract and will have a huge signing bonus that spreads over the deal.

I think people are making a bigger deal of the ballooning of Mahomes salary than will actually happen.

The guy won’t have a cap hit even close to 40m for at least 3 more years...and by then there will likely be more teams, more games and gambling money revenue factored into the salary cap.

Which means the cap is going to explode. Talk about a 300m cap inside of 5 years kinda explode.

Which means paying Mahomes while also continuing to build an elite roster around him shouldn’t slow down or let guys walk.

This is the time to load up.
[Reply]
BlackOp 12:06 AM 08-02-2019
Hyde actually made #97 on the top 100 list...not sure why people think Darrel Williams will beat him out. Veach signed him AFTER giving both Williams money...he's kind of a forgotten FA pick up.

Seems like pass protection is something he excels at...also an aggressive, physical runner like Hunt. Obviously not as talented but I think Veach was looking for a bruiser..

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...los-Hyde-No-97
[Reply]
Chargem 12:41 AM 08-02-2019
Is James Williams still around? Not heard his name mentioned once in these RB discussions.
[Reply]
BossChief 12:44 AM 08-02-2019
Originally Posted by Chargem:
Is James Williams still around? Not heard his name mentioned once in these RB discussions.
He gone
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:46 AM 08-02-2019
Originally Posted by Chargem:
We reached our Williams quota
[Reply]
In58men 07:16 AM 08-02-2019
In addition to WR Tyreek Hill, OL Mitch Schwartz is back to practice today. S Jordan Lucas, WR Gehrig Dieter and RB Damien Williams are without helmets and will likely work off to the side. #Chiefs
[Reply]
Mecca 07:20 AM 08-02-2019
I'm beginning to think Dieters role as team mascot is going to be preserved on the IR list this year.
[Reply]
Mecca 07:22 AM 08-02-2019
Also Hardman apparently is sucking a fat one trying to return punts as he is dropping them all over the place.
[Reply]
-King- 07:23 AM 08-02-2019
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Hyde actually made #97 on the top 100 list...not sure why people think Darrel Williams will beat him out. Veach signed him AFTER giving both Williams money...he's kind of a forgotten FA pick up.

Seems like pass protection is something he excels at...also an aggressive, physical runner like Hunt. Obviously not as talented but I think Veach was looking for a bruiser..

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...los-Hyde-No-97
We're in 2019....
[Reply]
Rudy tossed tigger's salad 07:25 AM 08-02-2019
Originally Posted by BossChief:
He gone
Crazy thing is that he and Gary Johnson haven't received a camp invite since being released. WTF did they do?! Were they caught blowing each other in a dorm room?
[Reply]
Rudy tossed tigger's salad 07:28 AM 08-02-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Also Hardman apparently is sucking a fat one trying to return punts as he is dropping them all over the place.
With this offense, Chiefs just need a lunch pail dude with zero muffs, a 90% fair catch rate, and 4 yards per return when he does take one.

Get healthy, Dieter!
[Reply]
O.city 07:40 AM 08-02-2019
Is there a chance this Wade dude is actually good or are we being hoodwinked again
[Reply]
Mecca 07:44 AM 08-02-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Is there a chance this Wade dude is actually good or are we being hoodwinked again
I think there is a chance, in that draft him and Tremon Smith were the top 2 small school corners. Smith got picked and he didn't mainly 40 times I'd think is what caused that.

But there have been some lowly drafted or undrafted CB's that turned into good players so I think there is a chance he could be a solid player.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:48 AM 08-02-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
I think there’s a chance at least that one of him or Fields turns into a good player. Like Mecca said, Wade was considered the best small school corner by a lot of people, and Fields certainly has the talent.

Hopefully Madison can coach them up. If one works out, that’s a huge win.
[Reply]
Chiefs=Champions 07:55 AM 08-02-2019
Juan rotating through FS with the 1s.
[Reply]
Page 122 of 270
« First < 2272112118119120121122 123124125126132172222 > Last »
Up