ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Best Chiefs roster in franchise history
LagunaSWana 09:57 AM 04-28-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
Nitpicking but it depends on fau

May need some more depth at de
I don't think that's nitpicking at all. With Omenihu unavailable, FAU needs to step it up, big time. But the Chiefs must have belief the pass rush will be okay since they didn't address it in the draft at all.
[Reply]
O.city 10:33 AM 04-28-2024
If fau hits and plays well we’re gonna be tough

There’s still some vet de guys available so that shouldn’t be a problem

Need another rb
[Reply]
Marcellus 03:39 PM 04-28-2024
Hey guys I get it but KC had a team with like 5 HOF players on it in the late 60's early 70's. And one of the best players on those teams isn't even in the HOF unfortunately.
[Reply]
Why Not? 05:46 PM 04-28-2024
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Hey guys I get it but KC had a team with like 5 HOF players on it in the late 60's early 70's. And one of the best players on those teams isn't even in the HOF unfortunately.
Yeah we’ve discussed that some. Great teams. But if you’re telling me to pick the all time (from an individual year basis) roster, there is no way that roster can be without Patrick Mahomes. No way.
[Reply]
crispystl 03:43 PM 04-29-2024
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Yeah we’ve discussed that some. Great teams. But if you’re telling me to pick the all time (from an individual year basis) roster, there is no way that roster can be without Patrick Mahomes. No way.
Yeah give me any Chiefs team from 2018 on against any Chiefs team from any years prior to that. Mahomes is so good he just tips the scale WAY too much for me to choose any team without him.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 05:58 PM 04-28-2024
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
I don't know how you can truly compare the teams from that far back to the current. The speed of today versus the violence of yesteryears is so far apart that it makes it impossible.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:07 PM 04-28-2024
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
I don't know how you can truly compare the teams from that far back to the current. The speed of today versus the violence of yesteryears is so far apart that it makes it impossible.
You can’t. The 60s is going too far back.

It’s been said already but the 69 Chiefs’ center was 6’4” 236. That’s basically Mahomes. Imagine Mahomes at center going up against Chris Jones for 60 snaps lol it would be a merciless slaughter.

They’d have no answer for guys like Chris Jones, Mahomes, Kelce, Tyreek Hill. The league hasn’t seen guys like that yet.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:21 PM 04-29-2024
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
They’d have no answer for guys like Chris Jones, Mahomes, Kelce, Tyreek Hill. The league hasn’t seen guys like that yet.
The OL and DL I'd agree.

I do wonder if today's skill position players would be as effective against the old school, when you could just murder guys all over the field.

Bob Hayes was faster than Deion Sanders and Darrell Green and didn't destroy everyone.

If we're playing by the old rules? It might be different.
[Reply]
soonersfreak 03:24 PM 04-29-2024
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
You can’t. The 60s is going too far back.

It’s been said already but the 69 Chiefs’ center was 6’4” 236. That’s basically Mahomes. Imagine Mahomes at center going up against Chris Jones for 60 snaps lol it would be a merciless slaughter.

Context needs to be clarified in this discussion. The current generation of players would kill players from the 60's, 70s, and probably 80s. Most, if not all of this year's playoff teams would beat the '69 Chiefs - handily. What context are we discussing? The most talented roster ever or the most talented roster compared to the rest of the league?
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 06:11 PM 04-28-2024
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
couple that with no salary cap in those days and roster building was way easier.
[Reply]
Basileus777 05-03-2024, 05:56 PM
This message has been deleted by Basileus777. Reason: didn;'t realize this was old
DCTwister 03:47 PM 04-28-2024
Shit we are so stacked that we just signed the best punter in history on a min contract, just in case. Thanks again, Buffalo.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 05:37 PM 04-28-2024
The roster is players only. I wonder how the 94 team would stack up? It had Montana.
[Reply]
Dante84 06:19 PM 04-28-2024
Took a swing at roster projection. I think this is the up-to-date list after camp and UDFA signings (note - did not include minicamp invites).

I believe we have 98 players on the roster, and the roster size needs to be at 90, so there are 8 cuts to be made.

I believe there are 41 locks, 3 very likely, 20 players with a 50/50 shot, and 34 players with a less than 50/50 shot.

Combining the 41 locks and 3 very likely players, that leave 9 openings on the roster for 54 guys to fight over. That's crazy, and there's going to be serious talent that we cut!

I called out only 2 reasonable holes on our roster at this time:
Hole 1 - a veteran OT, which can easily be filled by signing Donovan Smith
Hole 2 - a RB 2/3, which may already filled by LRZ or our UDFA's. I would not be surprised to see a veteran RB brought in for camp to compete.
Attached: 4.28.24 Roster.jpg (53.1 KB) 
[Reply]
Dante84 02:52 PM 04-29-2024
Veach was asked about possibly bringing back players like Smith (LT) or Hardman (WR), and he said they want to get through OTA's to see what they have, but as it stands they feel pretty good about what they have now.

Interesting that they feel Wanya and Kingsley may be enough at LT.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Up