ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 38 of 319
« First < 283435363738 394041424888138 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:32 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I think a little of this is weird situation/injury issues/covid opt outs.

I think it's entirely likely that at least 4 of the 5 guys that played this Super Bowl will not be starting in week 1.

I think we can assume LDT is probably starting, for example.
I think we can assume based on free agency projections Reiter won't be back.
I think it would be a mistake for Wylie to be in our starting 5.
It's possible they bring back Remmers to start at RT but that wasn't even the plan in 2020; I doubt that he's penciled in to start there in '21. He sure as hell isn't the plan at LT.

The only guy that MIGHT be penciled in is Alegretti. As a starter I mean.
I honestly don't know what to think about center. It seems inconceivable that Reiter gets paid enough that they don't want him back. Hudson was great and Morse was pretty good - you could see why they got the checks and why the Chiefs didn't want to foot that bill.

But if Reiter gets a fat contract and the Chiefs let him walk? In his case, it almost seems like exactly what they SHOULD do.

The problem then is that they almost HAVE to draft a center because signing somebody cheaper than Reiter means a downgrade from a guy that already wasn't great to begin with.
[Reply]
O.city 12:32 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
There are 2 guys on the roster that we have no clue how they value them and at what positions.

Rankin and Niang.
They didn't play Rankin all year, then played him wih the backups, then nothing.

I'd say we have a good idea how they value him.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:34 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I honestly don't know what to think about center. It seems inconceivable that Reiter gets paid enough that they don't want him back. Hudson was great and Morse was pretty good - you could see why they got the checks and why the Chiefs didn't want to foot that bill.

But if Reiter gets a fat contract and the Chiefs let him walk? In his case, it almost seems like exactly what they SHOULD do.

The problem then is that they almost HAVE to draft a center because signing somebody cheaper than Reiter means a downgrade from a guy that already wasn't great to begin with.
I'm really interested in how the Justin Britt visit went. If he's healthy and good to go, that would seem to be a really good and cheap option for an upgrade.

I don't care what PFF says, Reiter is below average.
[Reply]
O.city 12:34 PM 02-11-2021
You're gonna either have to have a rookie mid rounder somehere or a cheap FA. Thats why I'd sign Osemele.

I'd draft one too. And let Wylie compete.

Best man wins.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:34 PM 02-11-2021
There are 2 guys on the roster that we have no clue how they value them and at what positions.

Rankin and Niang.
You've almost got to pencil in Niang as a starter though, right?
[Reply]
staylor26 12:34 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Lol are you just ignoring where it says LDT and Niang?
No, I’m not ignoring anything. I just don’t see how that changes what I’m saying.

5 new starters is 5 new starters. Even if 2 are LDT and Niang, it’s still unlikely that they have 5 new starters.

Osemele, Remmers, Wylie, Allegretti etc. at least one of these guys will be starting probably 2.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:35 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
I could see 3 new starters on the OL. It's probably needed. Although I think if you added a really good C and a solid G, it would go a long way.
Fisher
Allegretti
Reiter/early draft pick/FA signing
LDT
Niang

*Osemele, Remmers and a developing draft pick as depth

I think this will be our OL heading into the playoffs next year
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:35 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Fisher
Allegretti
Reiter/early draft pick/FA signing
LDT
Niang

*Osemele, Remmers and a developing draft pick as depth

I think this will be our OL heading into the playoffs next year
Who the fuck is starting for Fisher until he comes back?
[Reply]
O.city 12:36 PM 02-11-2021
I don't think we need to "plan for the playoffs" in terms of the OL. Don't get Mahomes killed in week 4.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 12:36 PM 02-11-2021
I would so fucking mad if they extended Reiter for anything more than a couple million AAV. I’m not sure I want him back at all.

I’d like to put a lynchpin at center. A top 100 pick or sign someone with serious talent.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:37 PM 02-11-2021
Yea let Reiter walk and get a comp pick.

Draft Humphrey, Dickerson, Myers, or Meinerz.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 12:37 PM 02-11-2021
Who the **** is starting for Fisher until he comes back?
That's the million dollar question.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 12:38 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I would so tucking mad if they extended Reiter for anything more than a couple million AAV. I’m not sure I want him back at all.

I’d like to put a lynchpin at center. A top 100 pick or sign someone with serious talent.
I believe in the current NFL you need at least 3 really good OL.

Then you can cover up 1 mediocre and 1 below average guy.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 12:39 PM 02-11-2021
I honestly don't think Reiter is all that bad. He's certainly no pro bowler but I think he's a legit starting center in this league. He was about the one guy that didn't get totally embarrassed in the Super Bowl on the line.

Now I wouldn't pay him what the open market probably would. But I would welcome him back on the cheap.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 12:39 PM 02-11-2021
Please cut Jason Kelce Philly.
[Reply]
Page 38 of 319
« First < 283435363738 394041424888138 > Last »
Up