ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1753 of 4894
« First < 753125316531703174317491750175117521753 175417551756175717631803185322532753 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 12:19 PM 05-10-2018
I think Gil Brandt is 114 years old... I do like listening to his stories when he's on Sirius XM Radio.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 12:20 PM 05-10-2018
So Pat Mahomes is unproven and we replaced 2 older defensive players and a temperamental starter with young talent, so we are vulnerable. But Denver somehow has a promising future because they drafted Chubb and added a jorneyman backup QB as starter? Lol. Sounds like something Cecil Laremy or some other Donk homer wrote.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 12:35 PM 05-10-2018
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
So Pat Mahomes is unproven and we replaced 2 older defensive players and a temperamental starter with young talent, so we are vulnerable. But Denver somehow has a promising future because they drafted Chubb and added a jorneyman backup QB as starter? Lol. Sounds like something Cecil Laremy or some other Donk homer wrote.

[Reply]
KranzDictum 12:41 PM 05-10-2018
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Chargers are a tough team to figure out... haven't won more than 9 games since the 2009 season, but they've finished 2nd in 5 of those 8 seasons. Weird.

Raiders have only won more than 8 games once since 2003, with 12 in 2016 and fell back to 6 last season. They've finished 3rd or 4th in 14 of 15 seasons.

Two of the tougher teams to project really - lots of talent, but damn. Chiefs are definitely positioned well within the division, so they better take full advantage of it while they can.
The 1st 6 games of the year for kFc are going to be tough. They could go 0-6 or 1-8 by the half way point. Facing the Chargers, Steelers, 49ers, Broncos, Jags, and Pats with a 1st time QB is going to be tough. You guys might laugh at the 49ers but Jimmy G is a stud QB, that could be a shoot out easy. There isn't one easy game in there early to give the young QB some confidence. He will have to press to compete which means lots of overthrows into safety's hands.

I think the chef O will keep them in games, especially if Andy remembers he has Hunt on the team. I also think the chef O will lose them games due to turnovers, especially early in the season but I bet Andy keeps up with the dink and dunk crap to get teams to inch up and then take a couple deep shots a game. I still think MaAheomes throws 3 times the turnovers alice did more if Andy unleashes him and lets him throw down field.

The D is going to be worse than last year. Even if Fuller turns into an above average starter there is still a big drop off from Peters and who is going to play 2nd and 3rd string, the same bums who did nothing when Peters was around? I don't see the D forcing turnovers with Peters and DJ gone.

Gruden has signed some head scratchers in FA, DJ is a shadow of what he was before his injury. It will be interesting to see if the game has passed Gruden by.

The Chargers look loaded on paper but Rivers has cost them more games than he has won them recently. Lynn seems to be a smart coach who wants to pound the ball on the ground. They probably win 11 games if Rivers stays healthy. If they sweep kFc then they will be the favorite to win the division.

I like the Broncos chances talent wise, the coaching staff hasn't engendered a lot of faith though. If Butt and the rookie at TE pan out and Freeman does half of what people expect of him we will have upgraded across the board minus CB maybe. Talib may be missed but he was burnt more than he used to be last year especially as the year went on and Roby has been ready to start for a long time. The pass rush should help the secondary out anyway. If they stay healthy and VJ and Musgrave can give the O an idenitity we can challenge for the division.
[Reply]
ptlyon 12:43 PM 05-10-2018
Originally Posted by KranzDictum:
The 1st 6 games of the year for kFc are going to be tough. They could go 0-6 or 1-8 by the half way point. Facing the Chargers, Steelers, 49ers, Broncos, Jags, and Pats with a 1st time QB is going to be tough. You guys might laugh at the 49ers but Jimmy G is a stud QB, that could be a shoot out easy. There isn't one easy game in there early to give the young QB some confidence. He will have to press to compete which means lots of overthrows into safety's hands.

I think the chef O will keep them in games, especially if Andy remembers he has Hunt on the team. I also think the chef O will lose them games due to turnovers, especially early in the season but I bet Andy keeps up with the dink and dunk crap to get teams to inch up and then take a couple deep shots a game. I still think MaAheomes throws 3 times the turnovers alice did more if Andy unleashes him and lets him throw down field.

The D is going to be worse than last year. Even if Fuller turns into an above average starter there is still a big drop off from Peters and who is going to play 2nd and 3rd string, the same bums who did nothing when Peters was around? I don't see the D forcing turnovers with Peters and DJ gone.

Gruden has signed some head scratchers in FA, DJ is a shadow of what he was before his injury. It will be interesting to see if the game has passed Gruden by.

The Chargers look loaded on paper but Rivers has cost them more games than he has won them recently. Lynn seems to be a smart coach who wants to pound the ball on the ground. They probably win 11 games if Rivers stays healthy. If they sweep kFc then they will be the favorite to win the division.

I like the Broncos chances talent wise, the coaching staff hasn't engendered a lot of faith though. If Butt and the rookie at TE pan out and Freeman does half of what people expect of him we will have upgraded across the board minus CB maybe. Talib may be missed but he was burnt more than he used to be last year especially as the year went on and Roby has been ready to start for a long time. The pass rush should help the secondary out anyway. If they stay healthy and VJ and Musgrave can give the O an idenitity we can challenge for the division.
Beginning to think you actually did write it
[Reply]
RunKC 12:46 PM 05-10-2018
Hey guys you hear that? Kranzrectum thinks the Chiefs go 1-8 to start the season :-)
[Reply]
KranzDictum 12:47 PM 05-10-2018
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
One start and suddenly he is a proven starting NFL QB? A single start where he threw more INT's than TD's?

Even if he is serviceable there is a huge void on your D.

You guys think the NFL is Madden on the easy setting where you can just run fly patterns all day and win 70-10
[Reply]
KranzDictum 12:47 PM 05-10-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Hey guys you hear that? Kranzrectum thinks the Chiefs go 1-8 to start the season :-)
Would and Could are 2 different things.

Knowledge is power.
[Reply]
ptlyon 12:48 PM 05-10-2018
One start and suddenly he is a proven starting NFL QB? A single start where he threw more INT's than TD's?
Still beat your ass
[Reply]
RunKC 12:51 PM 05-10-2018
Before last season, Case Keenum was a back up QB who had 24 TD’s to 20 INT’s. He barely put up 22 TD’s in a perfect situation with excellent coaching and excellent talent surrounding him.

He’s no more proven than Mahomes.
[Reply]
Buckweath 12:56 PM 05-10-2018
Damn I never knew Broncos fans were so delusional lol : https://forums.denverbroncos.com/sho...listic-Finish&

Guys talking about 10 wins, 12 wins, etc. :-)
[Reply]
KranzDictum 12:57 PM 05-10-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Before last season, Case Keenum was a back up QB who had 24 TD’s to 20 INT’s. He barely put up 22 TD’s in a perfect situation with excellent coaching and excellent talent surrounding him.

He’s no more proven than Mahomes.
He has been through a full NFL season as a starter where he won 11 games.

Your guy threw an INT with backup secondary defenders on the field and won a nail biter against a team quarterbacked by Paxton Freaking Lynch who was the worst of 3 bad QB's on the team.

Epic that because of that one game which came down to a FG against 7 backups on D you guys think he is a proven NFL starter.

I know it has been forever since you guys drafted a QB and he has actually won a game but it usually takes QB's a year or 2 to become a proven QB.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 01:01 PM 05-10-2018
Would and Could are 2 different things.

Knowledge is power.
If they don't go 1-8 will you promise to kill yourself? If they do go 1-8, you can still kill yourself.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:10 PM 05-10-2018

Your guy threw an INT with backup secondary defenders on the field and won a nail biter against a team quarterbacked by Paxton Freaking Lynch who was the worst of 3 bad QB's on the team.

Epic that because of that one game which came down to a FG against 7 backups on D you guys think he is a proven NFL starter.

I know it has been forever since you guys drafted a QB and he has actually won a game but it usually takes QB's a year or 2 to become a proven QB.
Mahomes was up by 2 TD’s and would have blown you out.

The only reason it was close was bc Tyler Bray fumbled a handoff for a Denver TD :-)
[Reply]
Jethopper 01:11 PM 05-10-2018

Matt Cassel has had better seasons than Keenum....
[Reply]
Page 1753 of 4894
« First < 753125316531703174317491750175117521753 175417551756175717631803185322532753 > Last »
Up