ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 57
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Sneed traded to Titans
RunKC 08:53 PM 03-22-2024

Trade: Chiefs are finalizing a deal to send franchise CB L’Jarius Snead to the Titans, per league sources.

Chiefs are expected to receive a 2025 3rd-round pick, in addition to a 2024 7th-round pick flop, while Snead will sign a new contract. Trade is pending physical for Sneed. pic.twitter.com/GWjyKAgxZq

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 23, 2024

[Reply]
In58men 09:34 PM 03-22-2024
Originally Posted by bigjosh:
Hold up, it’s not even this year’s ****ing third?

This trade is gay af

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They can still use it in this years draft to move up or down lol.

It’s not all doom and gloom. Neither was the Peters trade.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 09:35 PM 03-22-2024
Would have been better off not tagging him at all. Having 20m in cap tied up through the peak FA wave for some minimal gains didn't really seem worth it.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 09:35 PM 03-22-2024
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
I wouldn’t be rushing to resign Trey Smith to a fat new contract.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 09:35 PM 03-22-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Maybe they think something is better than nothing? I dunno maybe the team doctor thinks his knee is a timebomb that will explode at anytime so they got what they could.

You dont wanna pay 19 mill and have him blow a knee 4 games in then you're stuck holding that bag.
That's like the only explanation that makes sense.

But if Sneed has another career year and his knee isn't a problem, then this trade is gonna look VERY foolish.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:36 PM 03-22-2024
Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage:
geez, swap of 7ths. Almost insulting

Good for him. Hopefully he does well with the money for his future
Right?

Couldn't even get the 7th on its own. Had to fucking swap them.

I mean it's just a complete kick in the dick. It's that awful scene from Draft Day and Ron Carthon just called Brett Veach a pancake eating motherfucker.

Veach got beat. Badly. And again - we have pending FAs that may get tagged next year. Folks will remember this.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:36 PM 03-22-2024
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I don’t understand this trade at all. This can’t be accurate
They have to use the cap space created wisely.

If they don't it's a horrible trade.

Plenty of value out there still.
[Reply]
Dante84 09:36 PM 03-22-2024
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Maybe he had worse offers then.
Worse than… a 7th round swap?

The options were:

- let Sneed walk, have money when FA starts OR use it how you wish, and likely get a 3rd comp pick next year after there’s a bidding war for Sneed

- keep Sneed on the tag and have a great corner this year, then let him walk next year and get a ‘26 comp maybe

- tag him, trade him for nothing new this year, and have money to spend weeks after FA began.

Again, love Veach, SBs, etc… I just don’t get choosing option 3 from above.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 09:36 PM 03-22-2024

Sources: Here are the terms on L'Jarius Sneed’s new contract extension with the #Titans:

$19M APY over 4 years
$55M guaranteed

MASSIVE �� https://t.co/swZliQ9vyk

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) March 23, 2024

[Reply]
Mecca 09:37 PM 03-22-2024
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:
That's like the only explanation that makes sense.

But if Sneed has another career year and his knee isn't a problem, then this trade is gonna look VERY foolish.
This is all about his knee, odds are they think they got his best years and he's a timebomb.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 09:37 PM 03-22-2024
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Would have been better off not tagging him at all. Having 20m in cap tied up through the peak FA wave for some minimal gains didn't really seem worth it.
No kidding.

They put a nearly $20 million freeze on their available cap space with the tag and all they are getting in return for that is a third round pick next year.
[Reply]
Iowanian 09:37 PM 03-22-2024
Thats underwhelming, but in veach i trust.
[Reply]
AusChief 09:37 PM 03-22-2024
If you don’t think it went wrong

An older Charlton Davis got significantly more compo last week. We got bent over. Irrespective of what Mahomes does or who Veach drafts.

They are not related
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:37 PM 03-22-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Maybe they think something is better than nothing? I dunno maybe the team doctor thinks his knee is a timebomb that will explode at anytime so they got what they could.

You dont wanna pay 19 mill and have him blow a knee 4 games in then you're stuck holding that bag.
If you were completely unwilling to keep him on the tag (and we clearly were) then you don't fucking tag him.

It's a bad bluff. It is, at best, mitigation.
[Reply]
493rd 09:38 PM 03-22-2024
A 2025? This is what happens when a team team is desperate to get out from under an obligation. Some of you fools may argue otherwise but reality sucks. A 2025 3rd for a supposed shutdown corner.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:38 PM 03-22-2024
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
That cap space is going to be used on valuable players like Mike Danna.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 57
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Up