ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 13
« First < 289101112 13 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Dear Andy, protect your quarterback. Signed, everyone.
Wallcrawler 08:26 PM 01-17-2021
Andy Reid. Lot of ways to describe this man.

Innovator. Genius. Guru.

So how does a man deserving of these adjectives, who has coached for two decades plus, guiding now two separate franchises to host a hat trick of title games not understand that exposing the very reason your team transcends all others is UNFATHOMABLY stupid?

3rd n 1. Big bruising back in the game playing well. Best arm on the planet running the offense. Lets not hand it off though, let's call a designed run exposing our qb to a free shot that gets his head ripped off.

Why?

Mahomes isn't going to back off from the call, and the guy puts a bullseye on his back enough with his own scrambles down field. Its YOUR JOB to protect your quarterback.

Why the fuck are you calling designed qb running plays? He was already dinged and limping around. You cannot honestly believe that THIS was the only way you could get one yard on this trash defense.

15 is the reason KC is favored in every contest.

15 covers MANY of your warts as a play caller and time manager.

15 is the guy who saved your coaching legacy, bringing you a championship that eluded you for years, because your other quarterbacks could not overcome your post season pant shitting.

Why you choose to put 15 in harms way intentionally is beyond any sane line of thinking. It isnt like you have an o line that can protect him. You have a former #1 and a bunch of JAGS up front trying their best to just not look like a retard trying to fuck a doorknob.

Every time he drops back, he has to run for his life already, so to just throw him into the teeth of the defense, intentionally, is simply unfathomably stupid.

Take a look at your incredible 3 point performance in the second half against the terrible Browns defense. That's how far an innovative, guru genius like you is going to get with Chad fucking Henne.

So please. For all of us, pal.

Take care of your fucking quarterback.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:23 PM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Steelers would be in this mess regardless of how much they spent on the interior line. It's usually what happens when your franchise QB regresses to this extent.
They have the highest paid interior line in football (certainly Pouncey and Decastro are up there) and can't run the ball through a line of tackling dummies. That's not really about the QB. That's about the line just being bad, despite the investments.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 03:27 PM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I wasn't calling you out directly or indirectly.

Those people know who they are because they continue to repeat this mantra year after year after year.
Fair enough. But I would love to have something closer to what they gave Trent and Priest back in the day. But hey, I guess at some level I'm arguing with success. We'll never know but one has to wonder if PMII is as mobile as he is out of necessity (meaning a better line might mean he works from the pocket a lot more often), or would a better O-line be a waste of money they don't have anyway because he'd run out of the pocket anyway, because that's just how he is?
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:29 PM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Fair enough. But I would love to have something closer to what they gave Trent and Priest back in the day. But hey, I guess at some level I'm arguing with success. We'll never know but one has to wonder if PMII is as mobile as he is out of necessity (meaning a better line might mean he works from the pocket a lot more often), or would a better O-line be a waste of money they don't have anyway because he'd run out of the pocket anyway, because that's just how he is?
The days of the what they gave Trent and Priest are long, long past. Look at the WR's they trotted out there in those days. Some of them wouldn't even make this team and got meaningful snaps on those teams. This team just isn't built that way. It never will be.

And running around is part of his game. Even with a better line protecting him, he's still going to run around.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:35 PM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
They have the highest paid interior line in football (certainly Pouncey and Decastro are up there) and can't run the ball through a line of tackling dummies. That's not really about the QB. That's about the line just being bad, despite the investments.
Uhh, no they don't. Decastro counts for just under 10 million of the cap and Pouncey counts for 7 and a half. Dotson is a rookie so he barely even registers.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:42 PM 01-19-2021
And running around is part of his game. Even with a better line protecting him, he's still going to run around.
Exactly.

He's the furthest thing from the traditional 5 or 7 step drop style of QB, which can put the offensive line in a bad place because it's next to impossible to hold a block for 7 seconds.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 03:53 PM 01-19-2021
The days of the what they gave Trent and Priest are long, long past. Look at the WR's they trotted out there in those days. Some of them wouldn't even make this team and got meaningful snaps on those teams. This team just isn't built that way. It never will be.

Fair enough. Let's hope he stays healthy.
[Reply]
O.city 03:57 PM 01-19-2021
You can't devote all your resources to one spot, gotta spread it around.

They've gotta get cheap labor somewhere. A 2/3rd round starting C or G would go a long way.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:58 PM 01-19-2021
Might try Allegreti at C. He played there a couple of times at Illinois. I don't think we've even got another C on the roster for 2021 yet.
[Reply]
O.city 04:01 PM 01-19-2021
I'd sign a free agent C. There will be some good ones.

Then I'd draft a G somewhere in the draft.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:04 PM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:

It would be nice to have Niang in the building now just to see whether he'd be a good candidate to fast track to RT or still a G for now
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:04 PM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Uhh, no they don't. Decastro counts for just under 10 million of the cap and Pouncey counts for 7 and a half. Dotson is a rookie so he barely even registers.
Pouncey made $11M this year (tied for 4th in the league). Decastro made $10M (tied for 13th in the league, 4 guys making $11M).

Go out to Spotrac and take a look at the highest paid interior linemen in the league.

By and large, you're going to find that 80% of them play for non-playoff teams.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:05 PM 01-19-2021

Like Austin Reiter? :-)
[Reply]
O.city 04:07 PM 01-19-2021
Like Austin Reiter? :-)
No thanks.

He's already 30. I don't like that.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:11 PM 01-19-2021
No thanks.

He's already 30. I don't like that.
Good centers make a lot of money. More than they're actually worth in many cases.

The top 17 centers in the league all made over $8M this past season.

Austin Reiter made $2.25M.
[Reply]
O.city 04:12 PM 01-19-2021
Good centers make a lot of money. More than they're actually worth in many cases.

The top 17 centers in the league all made over $8M this past season.

Austin Reiter made $2.25M.
Yeah, he's been fine at that number. If he needs to be paid more than that, I'll look elsewhere.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 13
« First < 289101112 13 >
Up