ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 20
« First < 91516171819 20 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos have no QB vs Saints
KC Hawks 05:10 PM 11-28-2020
:-)

All the QBs on the Broncos' roster are ineligible to play Sunday against the Saints after being deemed high-risk, close contacts, sources tell ESPN.

None were wearing masks at the time of exposure, per source.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) November 28, 2020

Broncos will not be forfeiting, per source.

Short of luring GM John Elway out of retirement, it sets up as the most unexpected NFL scene of 2020. Broncos have no QBs for a game against the Saints. https://t.co/ig4knEI9vQ

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) November 28, 2020

[Reply]
Halfcan 05:25 PM 11-30-2020
Donks have another beating coming this weekend- it must seem like the longest season ever.
[Reply]
DaFace 05:37 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by DeepPurple:
With 32 practice squads, don't tell me they couldn't find a guy better than some dude that was on the street.
There's a 5-day delay for new players coming in due to COVID. Guys on the street weren't an option.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 06:05 PM 11-30-2020
I watched the game for about ten minutes. The guy Hinton looks small, like a high school player. I saw him make 3 passes, one was a deep ball for him, maybe 25 yards and he looked like someone throwing a hail mary, the ball arched so high and was out of bounds to the receiver. The other two passes fell short and hit the ground. The guy has no arm stretch whatsoever. I could see that in five seconds, what were they thinking. If I was a Broncos fan I would be embarassed.

Worse than Palko?
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:11 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Oh cmon. He did absolutely NOTHING :-)
He didn't get killed. And he didn't quit.

I just watched a clip of his throws on YT. yeah, it wasn't pretty, but it wasn't as bad as it would've been if you'd played for example. Or me for that matter. He could've thrown 8 pick-6s, or gotten sacked 20 times and fumbled the ball for a half dozen scoop-and-scores. Or thrown 9 'intentional grounding' plays.

It could've been horrific for him. But he didn't completely embarrass himself. He doesn't have anything like an NFL arm, but he took the snaps and when asked to pass, he actually tried to put balls on receivers. he missed a lot, but good Christ, who wouldn't given the situation.

And he didn't have to do it. He could've told Vickie to screw himself, rather than risk complete public/national embarrassment on TV, in front of friends, family, and other football teams. Remember, that debacle is on his permanent resume now.

He showed a tubful of guts accepting, hell, volunteering, to take one for the team and going out there.

I probably wouldn't have done it.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 06:16 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
He didn't get killed. And he didn't quit.

I just watched a clip of his throws on YT. yeah, it wasn't pretty, but it wasn't as bad as it would've been if you'd played for example. Or me for that matter. He could've thrown 8 pick-6s, or gotten sacked 20 times and fumbled the ball for a half dozen scoop-and-scores. Or thrown 9 'intentional grounding' plays.

It could've been horrific for him. But he didn't completely embarrass himself. He doesn't have anything like an NFL arm, but he took the snaps and when asked to pass, he actually tried to put balls on receivers. he missed a lot, but good Christ, who wouldn't given the situation.

And he didn't have to do it. He could've told Vickie to screw himself, rather than risk complete public/national embarrassment on TV, in front of friends, family, and other football teams. Remember, that debacle is on his permanent resume now.

He showed a tubful of guts accepting, hell, volunteering, to take one for the team and going out there.

I probably wouldn't have done it.
He's a pro athlete for fucks sake.
[Reply]
New World Order 06:17 PM 11-30-2020
Knowmo?
[Reply]
Rain Man 06:18 PM 11-30-2020
They were considering putting Garrett Bolles back there, but he didn't know the offense.
[Reply]
DaFace 06:19 PM 11-30-2020
His stat line is better than Kelce's.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:21 PM 11-30-2020
And?
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:22 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
They were considering putting Garrett Bolles back there, but he didn't know the offense.
:-)
Gat Dang, you're on a roll. Gfy.:-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:47 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by cdcox:
Fangio also chewed out the QB group for violating COVID protocols. I’m pissed the NFL scheduled us opposite of this game so I couldn’t watch.
“I’m fully prepared to react and improvise no matter what happens. And in a weird way, I’m kind of happy to see some of this stuff happen because you get to see who the whiners are, who the bitchers are, and who can’t handle adversity. And I’m going to try hard that the Denver Broncos don’t fall into any of those categories.”

- Vic Fangio

October 12th, 2020
[Reply]
DeepPurple 08:49 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Worse than Palko?
Did you know Tyler Palko starting QB at Pitt 2004 to 2006 beat out Joe Flacco as starter in 2005 and that's why Joe ended up going to Delaware. Flacco was drafted in the first round and Palko wasn't drafted....and yes, this guy playing for the Broncos was worse than Palko. That's a rare photo of Flacco in a Pitt uni.

[Reply]
crispystl 08:09 AM 12-01-2020
Did you know Tyler Palko starting QB at Pitt 2004 to 2006 beat out Joe Flacco as starter in 2005 and that's why Joe ended up going to Delaware. Flacco was drafted in the first round and Palko wasn't drafted....and yes, this guy playing for the Broncos was worse than Palko. That's a rare photo of Flacco in a Pitt uni.

He should've been holding a clipboard in that game!
[Reply]
Why Not? 08:20 AM 12-01-2020
I mean, he’s certainly not a hero or anything and I’m sure the almost $40K game check to go with zero pressure to do anything helped make “accepting” the job easy for him but he still gave a game effort in an impossible situation. Did he play well? Of course not but he completed a pass in an NFL game, something 99.9% of human existence will never do. Saw the interview with him after the game and he seemed humbled and grateful for getting into an NFL game. The respect he has gotten from teammates and ex players shows how difficult a spot he was in.

Anyone who legitimately thinks that they or any of their buddies from the gym could do better is on planet delusional.

All that being said,

Funk the Donks and I hope he starts against us this week!
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:45 PM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
And?
I'm failing to see what is so special about a paid professional going out and having one of the worst games in NFL history. Blown out by Taysum Tebow to boot. Yeah I don't blame him for being bad, but big fucking deal that he went out and played
[Reply]
Page 19 of 20
« First < 91516171819 20 >
Up