ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 114 of 151
« First < 1464104110111112113114 115116117118124 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****Official 2019/2020 Kansas Men's Basketball Repository Thread*****
saphojunkie 02:55 PM 04-09-2019
Welcome back, my friends.

The night is dark and full of sophomores. We were due a down year, but it's back to hunting banners.

Thread to be updated as new developments emerge.

RETURNING PLAYERS:

Spoiler!

LEAVING PLAYERS:
Spoiler!

INCOMING PLAYERS:

Spoiler!

IMPORTANT GAMES:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:06 PM 03-04-2020
The drought is over!!!!!!

31 points, 14 boards, 5 blocks...that’s a Senior Night to remember.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:12 PM 03-04-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Big 12 Champs.

Udoka career high.

Almost a guarantee for a #1 seed, if not the overall #1 seed.

Invite Snoop to the Final Four when we get there.

Dollar signs.
It's hard to see how they'd lose a #1 seed at this point. Tech loss on the road won't do it (and I'd honestly considering resting some of our main 3 for that one, but I know Self won't). Maybe if they lose that 1st round game in KC.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:13 PM 03-04-2020
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
It's hard to see how they'd lose a #1 seed at this point. Tech loss on the road won't do it (and I'd honestly considering resting some of our main 3 for that one, but I know Self won't). Maybe if they lose that 1st round game in KC.
Which will be KSUck right?
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:17 PM 03-04-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Which will be KSUck right?
KSU isn't winning their own first game unless the deep hate for KU drives them to it. Outside of the two KU games, they haven't giving any effort the entire season.

Also, if we're the #1 seed in the B12 tourney, we wouldn't have much of a chance to play them at all (1 plays 8/9). That won't be decided until after the Tech game, though.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:20 PM 03-04-2020
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
KSU isn't winning their own first game unless the deep hate for KU drives them to it. Outside of the two KU games, they haven't giving any effort the entire season.

Also, if we're the #1 seed in the B12 tourney, we wouldn't have much of a chance to play them at all (1 plays 8/9). That won't be decided until after the Tech game, though.
Fuck forgot about the bye.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 10:11 PM 03-04-2020
Originally Posted by PHOG:
ESPN+, yeah, no
I'm looking forward to canceling it.

This was KUs last ESPN game right ?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:23 PM 03-04-2020

Where Bill Self-coached teams have finished in conference play
Tulsa 3, 1, 1
Illinois 1, 2, 1
Kansas 2, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 3, 1

— Blair Kerkhoff (@BlairKerkhoff) March 5, 2020

[Reply]
Reerun_KC 10:38 PM 03-04-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Jesus.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 11:28 PM 03-04-2020
remember when Mizzou passed on Bill?
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 01:01 AM 03-05-2020
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
No I don’t. But I remember being a little nonchalant when his alma mater made that big push to steal him. I figured it would be good to have another school in the Big 12 be competitive every single year and KU would find another great coach.

That one didn’t age very well either.

I’m glad Roy left and Bill stayed.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 05:39 AM 03-05-2020
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
I love the fact that MU not only didn't hire Bill Self, but they hired a Dookie who crashed and burned instead.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 07:54 AM 03-05-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
I love the fact that MU not only didn't hire Bill Self, but they hired a Dookie who crashed and burned instead.

That”dookie” is doing a great job coaching in the nba.

Have you ever considered Mizzouche tried to ruin him, and not the other way around.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 01:45 AM 03-06-2020
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
That”dookie” is doing a great job coaching in the nba.

Have you ever considered Mizzouche tried to ruin him, and not the other way around.
You can think about it any way you want to. The bottom line is that Self is a HOF coach who wins, and wins, and wins, and while coaching MU Snyder was objectively terrible overall.

I don't care what Snyder is doing now, because the success he is having has nothing to do with MU. I doubt there is a single MU fan alive, or dead, that would still choose Snyder over Self if they could go back in time and pick one of them as head coach.

When MU fans inevitably bring up football when discussing basketball, I love reminding them that between KU and MU, only one football program has ever won a BCS bowl game. Wait, did Auburn just score another rushing TD?

[Reply]
Prison Bitch 08:29 AM 03-06-2020
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
My buddy familiar with insiders texted me these notes - we shall see if his info is good:

Kinda sorta what you said. They’ve already internally to go after the booster destination and will argue these guys work for multiple programs hence not boosters.

They don’t work for Kansas at all, they work for Adidas helping their portfolio of schools. It’s therefoe impossible they can be tied to any 1 school. They’re indiff to whether recruit goes to Kansas or Arizona. This argument will be released in the next month or two”

“The evidence however, based mainly on trial testimony, fails utterly to support a conclusion that Adidas or any Adidas employees acted as representatives of the University during the period in question. Individuals formally associated with Adidas acted in their own interests when they gave money to the family and guardians of student-athletes.

Stated otherwise, according to the enforcement staff, every corporate sponsor and most, if not all, individuals associated with the sponsor are boosters of every institution with which the sponsor does business," the statement said. "This theory, if adopted by the Panel, would have far reaching ramifications throughout the Membership given the universal use of corporate sponsorships throughout Division I athletics.”

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...asketball-team

[Reply]
DJay23 11:39 AM 03-06-2020
I don't understand how NCAA, I don't know what to call it, "trials" work. Are THEY the ones who are deciding guilt or innocence and we just have to change their mind, or is there an independent arbitrator of some kind?

How in the hell can the NCAA be anything but biased toward their own opinion?
[Reply]
Page 114 of 151
« First < 1464104110111112113114 115116117118124 > Last »
Up