« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs sign free agent CB David Amerson
TRR 07:06 PM 02-16-2018
1 year deal per Terez Paylor.

Discuss...
[Reply]
Hoover 09:51 PM 02-16-2018
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Safety, DE, ILB are priorities before another cornerback that'll sit on the bench for a year or two, IMO.
Confident we can find an ILB and S in the draft. It's the DL that worries me as far as the draft goes.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:56 PM 02-16-2018
Safety, DE, ILB are priorities before another cornerback that'll sit on the bench for a year or two, IMO.
Am I wrong in hoping that our first pick goes towards the best rush backer left on the board? I have no faith in Dee Ford and I don't know what to think of KPass.
[Reply]
Hoover 10:03 PM 02-16-2018
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Am I wrong in hoping that our first pick goes towards the best rush backer left on the board? I have no faith in Dee Ford and I don't know what to think of KPass.
So would you take the 15th best rush backer or one of the top 5 players at a different position. Yes OLB/Edge is a need, but you can't just focus on one need at a premium position.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:04 PM 02-16-2018
Originally Posted by Hoover:
So would you take the 15th best rush backer or one of the top 5 players at a different position. Yes OLB/Edge is a need, but you can't just focus on one need at a premium position.
Yeah I know, and with the way players fly off the board in bunches it's not a good plan. I just think we're kind of hosed at the position, especially with the way Sutton uses Houston as a corner/safety half the time.
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 10:06 PM 02-16-2018
If only the right guy fell. I’m definitely focusing on DL and ILB along with S at 54 and round 3. But you can never have enough corners and couple of these guys have health issues to begin with (Nelson, Amerson and Fuller).
[Reply]
Mecca 10:32 PM 02-16-2018
Something that could come out of this is in that weird hybrid shit Sutton does in passing downs Nelson seeing looks at safety as this team rarely shows 4cb looks.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:37 PM 02-16-2018
“I’m so confused on these moves by Brett Veach. It’s like he actually recognizes weaknesses on the roster and attacks them as well as creates insurance policies. Very refreshing from a KC GM.” - @Jacobs71 (Nick Jacobs)

THIS is why I can’t look down on this move at all. There’s something to be said for exploring any and all options to improve the roster, even when it might be difficult to do so (ala the Ragland and Erving trades).

Veach doesn’t seem to be satisfied, not at all.
[Reply]
Easy 6 10:41 PM 02-16-2018
Originally Posted by Bowser:
You're not wrong in the least, Veach made this move to free his hand during the draft

Ford has proven rush ability, combined with injury, willpower and why even keep him next season concerns

Kpass has freakish upside, but is still an extremely raw project until given the chance to prove otherwise... we'll see

It seems inevitable that we take an edge rusher either through the draft or free agency, there are too many question marks to be ignored there

The CB corp appears to be set now, that can only mean Veach is now ready to focus elsewhere... like OLB, DL and just maybe safety
[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:41 PM 02-16-2018
For 2.5 base, it's worth the gamble.
[Reply]
KCrockaholic 10:42 PM 02-16-2018
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
“I’m so confused on these moves by Brett Veach. It’s like he actually recognizes weaknesses on the roster and attacks them as well as creates insurance policies. Very refreshing from a KC GM.” - @Jacobs71 (Nick Jacobs)

THIS is why I can’t look down on this move at all. There’s something to be said for exploring any and all options to improve the roster, even when it might be difficult to do so (ala the Ragland and Erving trades).

Veach doesn’t seem to be satisfied, not at all.
Pugs, it's a fine move, but don't get your hopes up here. Amerson wasn't good in Washington, and wasn't good in Oakland. End of story to me. Maybe we can pull something out of him, but that's doubtful. Good players don't get passed around to different teams very often. Good players stick with a team or two throughout a career, especially when they're 26 years old.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:44 PM 02-16-2018
Except for that period where he was good in Oakland, sure?
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 10:45 PM 02-16-2018
KCs corner group is all under 27. Amerson the old man at 26. I love it
[Reply]
KCrockaholic 10:45 PM 02-16-2018
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Except for that period where he was good in Oakland, sure?
He had a decent season in 2016. Woo. That's it.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:46 PM 02-16-2018
Originally Posted by KCrockaholic:
Pugs, it's a fine move, but don't get your hopes up here. Amerson wasn't good in Washington, and wasn't good in Oakland. End of story to me. Maybe we can pull something out of him, but that's doubtful. Good players don't get passed around to different teams very often. Good players stick with a team or two throughout a career, especially when they're 26 years old.
He did have that one very good season though in ‘15. What went wrong? I’m not sure, none of us are. It sounds like injuries have been detrimental to his play the past two seasons along with some misusage.
[Reply]
KCrockaholic 10:47 PM 02-16-2018
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
He did have that one very good season though in ‘15. What went wrong? I’m not sure, none of us are. It sounds like injuries have been detrimental to his play the past two seasons along with some misusage.
I've kinda skimmed the thread and noticed you had a lot to say is all. I just want you to temper the expectations with him. Be excited for Fuller, yes. But Amerson, nah. Make him prove it before any kind of hope.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 19
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up