« First < 41011121314 15161718 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs sign free agent CB David Amerson
TRR 07:06 PM 02-16-2018
1 year deal per Terez Paylor.

Discuss...
[Reply]
TambaBerry 01:07 PM 02-18-2018
Originally Posted by Hoover:
I see we're trading Peters now because we signed Amerson!

I fucking hate the world we live in. Everything is fake speculation to get clicks. So stupid.

Is Marcus Peters available in trade?
Posted by Mike Florio on February 18, 2018, 10:44 AM EST

Getty Images
With the Chiefs adding veteran cornerback David Amerson and, officially in three weeks, acquiring cornerback Kendall Fuller as part of the Alex Smith trade, some in league circles are wondering whether the Chiefs will be making another transaction involving a cornerback.

The question being asked is whether Marcus Peters, a first-round pick in 2015, is available in trade.

Peters has become one of the better cornerbacks in the NFL, but Peters has at times been a bit of a handful for the Chiefs. The situation came to a head last season, when he seemed to try to get himself ejected, then seemed to assume he was ejected when he wasn’t, then returned to the sidelines with his uniform on and socks off, showing no intent to return to action.

The incident, along with an argument with a coach, got Peters suspended for a game. For the Chiefs, it quietly may have been the last straw.

Subject to a fifth-year option, the Chiefs (or whoever holds his contractual rights) will have to decide by early May whether to extend the contract through 2019. As the new league year approaches, Peters has become a name to watch for a possible trade — especially with the guy who drafted him four years ago now the G.M. in Cleveland.
that would have to be one of the dumbest moves ever if htey got rid of him
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:09 PM 02-18-2018
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
that would have to be one of the dumbest moves ever if htey got rid of him
It would depend on the compensation.

Also, keep in mind that if the Chiefs traded him and received draft picks in return, they'd avoid a huge salary cap hit of $16 million or more per season that would result in extending him after 2019.
[Reply]
Bowser 01:25 PM 02-18-2018
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
It would depend on the compensation.

Also, keep in mind that if the Chiefs traded him and received draft picks in return, they'd avoid a huge salary cap hit of $16 million or more per season that would result in extending him after 2019.
What you're suggesting sounds like something Dorsey would have done. If, and it's a mammoth IF, we go after someone like Kyle Fuller or Talib, it's going to be before the draft and not after so we could possibly shop Peters for no less than a first rounder. But even then, we will have ended up spending money on the corner position that we didn't necessarily have to spend THIS season if we do that.

So what's the best move here? I guess it comes down to how badly the Chiefs want to recover their first round pick in '18?
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:33 PM 02-18-2018
The only way I’m trading Peters is if someone offers us a top 10 pick in the first round.

And I’m not blowing it on a CB.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:36 PM 02-18-2018
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
The only way I’m trading Peters is if someone offers us a top 10 pick in the first round.

I would on Minkah Fitzpatrick. Dude is going to be so good.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 01:38 PM 02-18-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I would on Minkah Fitzpatrick. Dude is going to be so good.
Greg Gabriel says he’s a better prospect than Jalen Ramsey...
[Reply]
Bowser 01:39 PM 02-18-2018
Originally Posted by Pestilence:

Agreed on both. You get a top 10 pick for Peters, it's pass rusher or bust.

That said, I'm still not convinced trading Peters is the best move. He can be a headache, but he's a rare talent as a cover corner.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 01:40 PM 02-18-2018
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Hahaha no he is definitely not better than Ramsey.
[Reply]
O.city 01:41 PM 02-18-2018
If David Amerson and fuller are their replacements to bring in to replace Peters, the defense is gonna get worse
[Reply]
Chief Northman 01:51 PM 02-18-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
If David Amerson and fuller are their replacements to bring in to replace Peters, the defense is gonna get worse
Give Veach a little credit. He’d go get another top shelf corner in free agency.
Johnson
Fuller
Gaines
Butler
[Reply]
Chief Northman 01:52 PM 02-18-2018
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Hahaha no he is definitely not better than Ramsey.
Did Jalen tell you that himself? :-)
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:52 PM 02-18-2018
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
All I’ve read is that Fitzpatrick is a CB/S hybrid and he might be a better safety than CB.
[Reply]
O.city 01:53 PM 02-18-2018
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
Give Veach a little credit. He’d go get another top shelf corner in free agency.
Johnson
Fuller
Gaines
Butler
Any of those guys as good as peters?
[Reply]
Chief Northman 01:59 PM 02-18-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
Any of those guys as good as peters?
No.

But you probably make your defense better overall by adding an elite pass rusher, or two defensive starters with the draft picks you accrue. You also aren’t doling out huge dollars to a malcontent.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 02:06 PM 02-18-2018
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
No.

But you probably make your defense better overall by adding an elite pass rusher, or two defensive starters with the draft picks you accrue. You also aren’t doling out huge dollars to a malcontent.
This is the POV I have. I love Peters, and I'm more than fine with keeping him, but there are definitely some scenarios where trading him probably ends up better for the team in the long run. The compensation would have to be enormous, but it isn't completely unfathomable.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 19
« First < 41011121314 15161718 > Last »
Up