Page 13 of 19
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs sign free agent CB David Amerson
TRR 07:06 PM 02-16-2018
1 year deal per Terez Paylor.

Discuss...
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:43 PM 02-17-2018
Damn, he was basically the worst CB on PFF last year.

Hope he can rebound to his previous form.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:23 PM 02-17-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Damn, he was basically the worst CB on PFF last year.

Hope he can rebound to his previous form.

Well, from what I'm reading-he's a bump-n-run man corner. Last year, the Raiders ran mostly zone. So, not playing to his strengths. So, we might be encouraged that Veach went and got him, as it would indicate that perhaps we too are ready to start playing tighter man, bump-n-run again. Last year, admittedly due to injury and just plain lack of depth, we did a lot of goofy zone and off-coverage shit.

So, I'm carefully optimistic. Could be that Fuller, Amerson, and Peters might be a killer man CB trio.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:35 PM 02-17-2018
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Well, from what I'm reading-he's a bump-n-run man corner. Last year, the Raiders ran mostly zone. So, not playing to his strengths. So, we might be encouraged that Veach went and got him, as it would indicate that perhaps we too are ready to start playing tighter man, bump-n-run again. Last year, admittedly due to injury and just plain lack of depth, we did a lot of goofy zone and off-coverage shit.

So, I'm carefully optimistic. Could be that Fuller, Amerson, and Peters might be a killer man CB trio.
Nnamdi Asomugha says hello. 4 All Pro seasons as a CB specializing in the press. Signed with the Eagles who put him in a zone defense and he immediately regressed to JAG status. This signing means nothing as far as what defense we run. Its just a 1 year prove it/depth deal.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:40 PM 02-17-2018
Amerson’s strength is off the ball coverage, particularly where he can keep things in front of him and eyes on the QB.
[Reply]
Coach 09:44 PM 02-17-2018
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Amerson’s strength is off the ball coverage, particularly where he can keep things in front of him and eyes on the QB.
Inconsistency (and injuries) are the biggest problem with Amerson’s game. For as many big plays as Amerson makes on defense, he also gave up many big plays.

He has little experience playing press coverage, and does not gets his hands on opposing receivers often. In off-coverage, he has a tendency to give too much cushion and give up easy passes underneath as a result.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 09:48 PM 02-17-2018
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Are we sure that all of those conditional picks are going to go through? I hope so, but we obviously don’t know the terms and I haven’t read anything about whether or not we will receive the compensation.
The Foles projected pick might get bumped a round to a 5th. The Cooper conditional should go through, as he had some starts and an ok campaign. The King and Battle conditions will likely void as they were cut by the teams who acquired them.

So likely a 5 and a 6.
[Reply]
Chiefs4TheWin 05:57 AM 02-18-2018
Considering we have Nelson and Mitchell walking on the field, it honestly could not be any worse than what we already had. No, seriously, it can't drop any further.
[Reply]
ct 08:41 AM 02-18-2018
this is a great prove-it deal for a guy who needs the $ motivation.

this is also a 2018 draft flexibility play, we can plug him in that cb2 spot and not force a young draft pick in there if he's not quite ready.

this is also a 2020 comp pick play. he was released, so does not count towards our 2018 comp pick formula. I highly doubt his prove-it deal results in another contract in KC, so if it works for him somewhere else in 2019, it will also work for us in the form of a comp pick in 2020.

i digg it.
[Reply]
Rausch 08:42 AM 02-18-2018
I'm not a fan but hopefully I'm wrong...
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:22 PM 02-18-2018
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
The Foles projected pick might get bumped a round to a 5th.
No offense but I wish people would stop quoting those fucking bozos at the Over The Cap. They know absolutely nothing.

They constantly screw up cap numbers and had DJ down for an $8 million dollar cap hit in 2018 because they had no idea that he had a voidable contract.

It's a "fun" site but it's hardly 100% accurate.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:31 PM 02-18-2018
Originally Posted by Coach:
Inconsistency (and injuries) are the biggest problem with Amerson’s game. For as many big plays as Amerson makes on defense, he also gave up many big plays.

He has little experience playing press coverage, and does not gets his hands on opposing receivers often. In off-coverage, he has a tendency to give too much cushion and give up easy passes underneath as a result.

well, I read a couple articles that indicated exactly the opposite, and were blaming Norton's zone schemes for his struggles. So, we'll see I guess. I've not watched him enough personally to judge.
[Reply]
BossChief 12:36 PM 02-18-2018
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
Best thing about this signing...is it means we won’t go after ****ing Talib.
Why couldn’t they sign both?

Talib would improve the whole defense immensely.

Why don’t you want him?
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:38 PM 02-18-2018
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Why couldn’t they sign both?

Talib would improve the whole defense immensely.

Why don’t you want him?
Because he’s a 31 year old piece of shit. I’ll pass....thanks.
[Reply]
Hoover 12:39 PM 02-18-2018
I see we're trading Peters now because we signed Amerson!

I fucking hate the world we live in. Everything is fake speculation to get clicks. So stupid.

Is Marcus Peters available in trade?
Posted by Mike Florio on February 18, 2018, 10:44 AM EST

Getty Images
With the Chiefs adding veteran cornerback David Amerson and, officially in three weeks, acquiring cornerback Kendall Fuller as part of the Alex Smith trade, some in league circles are wondering whether the Chiefs will be making another transaction involving a cornerback.

The question being asked is whether Marcus Peters, a first-round pick in 2015, is available in trade.

Peters has become one of the better cornerbacks in the NFL, but Peters has at times been a bit of a handful for the Chiefs. The situation came to a head last season, when he seemed to try to get himself ejected, then seemed to assume he was ejected when he wasn’t, then returned to the sidelines with his uniform on and socks off, showing no intent to return to action.

The incident, along with an argument with a coach, got Peters suspended for a game. For the Chiefs, it quietly may have been the last straw.

Subject to a fifth-year option, the Chiefs (or whoever holds his contractual rights) will have to decide by early May whether to extend the contract through 2019. As the new league year approaches, Peters has become a name to watch for a possible trade — especially with the guy who drafted him four years ago now the G.M. in Cleveland.
[Reply]
BossChief 12:47 PM 02-18-2018
If we sign Talib, we would have the best secondary in the NFL and could match up with any offenses WRs and TEs.

With Mahomes at QB putting up lots of points, having a defense that can shut dow opposing receivers would be HIGHLY advantageous the next couple years and we could afford to do so with Peters and Fuller on rookie deals.

Wow just thinking of Peters and Talib on the outside with Fuller in the slot gives me wood.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 19
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Up