« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs sign free agent CB David Amerson
TRR 07:06 PM 02-16-2018
1 year deal per Terez Paylor.

Discuss...
[Reply]
KCrockaholic 05:50 PM 02-17-2018
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
@ $2.25m should he expect to be our #2 Corner? ...or is there still a chance for a splashier pick up?
He's worse than Peters, Fuller, Nelson, Mitchell. Let's pray he's not our #2.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 05:54 PM 02-17-2018
Originally Posted by KCrockaholic:
So maybe just a Gaines replacement?
[Reply]
KCrockaholic 05:59 PM 02-17-2018
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
So maybe just a Gaines replacement?
Yes he's an upgrade over Gaines.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 07:01 PM 02-17-2018
Originally Posted by KCrockaholic:
Don't be dumb
[Reply]
kccrow 07:58 PM 02-17-2018
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Truthfully, the Chiefs would probably be best off waiting until 2019 to worry about potentially investing valuable draft capital in the CB position. They’ve got 4 capable starters right now. Anyone they draft isn’t even going to start in the base package.

That position should be an afterthought until the rest of the defense is addressed. We’re in better shape there than any other spot by far.
I get what you're saying, but NFL teams spend 20% of their draft capital on DBs (past 10 years) and about 60% of that number is CB. It's likely that Veach, with 9 picks, selects 2 DBs in this draft with one of those being a CB. This, of course, doesn't mean it will happen, it's just based on 10-year statistics in the NFL.
[Reply]
bigjosh 08:02 PM 02-17-2018
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I get what you're saying, but NFL teams spend 20% of their draft capital on DBs (past 10 years) and about 60% of that number is CB. It's likely that Veach, with 9 picks, selects 2 DBs in this draft with one of those being a CB. This, of course, doesn't mean it will happen, it's just based on 10-year statistics in the NFL.
Bolded??? We have 5 picks as of right now... are you assuming we get 4 comp picks?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:07 PM 02-17-2018
Originally Posted by bigjosh:
Bolded??? We have 5 picks as of right now... are you assuming we get 4 comp picks?
The Chiefs have a 2, 3, 3, 4, 6, 6, 6 and 7th round picks at this point and they'll receive a Comp Pick for Foles.
[Reply]
bigjosh 08:09 PM 02-17-2018
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
The Chiefs have a 2, 3, 3, 4, 6, 6, 6 and 7th round picks at this point and they'll receive a Comp Pick for Foles.
I thought we only had 2,3,3,4,6. Where did those others all come from? Conditional trades or something?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:14 PM 02-17-2018
Originally Posted by bigjosh:
I thought we only had 2,3,3,4,6. Where did those others all come from? Conditional trades or something?
The Chiefs made a bunch of trades last year before final rosters were set. I mis-remembered some of the rounds.

Round 2 (54th overall)
Round 3 (78th overall) (via Washington in Alex Smith trade)
Round 3 (86th overall)
Round 4
Round 5 (comp pick for Nick Foles — could be as high as round 3)
Round 6
Round 7 (via Arizona in Marcus Cooper trade)
Round 7 (via Tennessee in David King trade)
Round 7 (via Seattle in Isaiah Battle trade)
[Reply]
Bowser 08:17 PM 02-17-2018
Very interested to see what Veach does with those picks. If were to have a glimpse of his thought process, he's going to package a few of those picks and move up, maybe a couple of times considering what we get for Foles.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:18 PM 02-17-2018
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Very interested to see what Veach does with those picks. If were to have a glimpse of his thought process, he's going to package a few of those picks and move up, maybe a couple of times considering what we get for Foles.
Yeah, that's what I've been saying this offseason.

I think he'll use one of the late round picks on a punter but I do believe he'll package up a couple of those picks in order to move up in the 2nd, 3rd or 4th round, if necessary, to grab a guy that he wants.
[Reply]
Bowser 08:21 PM 02-17-2018
Yeah, that's what I've been saying this offseason.

I think he'll use one of the late round picks on a punter but I do believe he'll package up a couple of those picks in order to move up in the 2nd, 3rd or 4th round, if necessary, to grab a guy that he wants.
Could we be so lucky for him to move us back into the second round for a couple of picks there and get a comp third for Foles? That's asking too much for this franchise, isn't it?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:24 PM 02-17-2018
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Could we be so lucky for him to move us back into the second round for a couple of picks there and get a comp third for Foles? That's asking too much for this franchise, isn't it?
That might take a lot to move into the second round.

I could see him jumping up in the 3rd round once but twice might be too much to ask.

That said, if the Chiefs come away with a 2nd and three 3rd rounders, it's a good bet that they're going to successfully fill some holes.
[Reply]
bigjosh 08:31 PM 02-17-2018
The Chiefs made a bunch of trades last year before final rosters were set. I mis-remembered some of the rounds.

Round 2 (54th overall)
Round 3 (78th overall) (via Washington in Alex Smith trade)
Round 3 (86th overall)
Round 4
Round 5 (comp pick for Nick Foles — could be as high as round 3)
Round 6
Round 7 (via Arizona in Marcus Cooper trade)
Round 7 (via Tennessee in David King trade)
Round 7 (via Seattle in Isaiah Battle trade)
nice breakdown. thanks

i didnt remember all of those trades.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:39 PM 02-17-2018
Are we sure that all of those conditional picks are going to go through? I hope so, but we obviously don’t know the terms and I haven’t read anything about whether or not we will receive the compensation.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 19
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Up