« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs sign free agent CB David Amerson
TRR 07:06 PM 02-16-2018
1 year deal per Terez Paylor.

Discuss...
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 03:18 PM 02-17-2018
Well, ...he’s the GM.

Although I feel Dane is probably correct in that I doubt Amerson makes the 53 roster. He’s been that bad.
[Reply]
RunKC 03:33 PM 02-17-2018
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
Peters, Fuller, Amerson, Nelson, Mitchell,
Out: Revis, Acker, and likely Gaines

Yeah, we are better in the secondary already.

I think Parker will get cut too. They need some range and speed at safety along with willing tacklers. I think McQuay sticks as cheap depth along with Terrell, but I expect a high pick investment in safety. Murray and Sorenson were not good last season.
Will Redmond was a top 100 draft pick that Veach signed. Ashton Lampkin was taking 1st team reps in camp last year before he tore his ACL.

I think we’re fine at corner.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:39 PM 02-17-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Will Redmond was a top 100 draft pick that Veach signed. Ashton Lampkin was taking 1st team reps in camp last year before he tore his ACL.

I’ll be a bit surprised if Lampkin doesn’t start the season on the PUP, as he tore his ACL on August 29, 2017.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 03:44 PM 02-17-2018

Lampkin popped into my head a few hours ago. Wonder what they think of his long term potential?

It’s not like UDFAs can’t be big time players at that position. Harris Jr. and Bouye are two of the best in the game that were undrafted. Not that Lampkin will ever be that good, but I liked him coming out.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 03:46 PM 02-17-2018
Truthfully, the Chiefs would probably be best off waiting until 2019 to worry about potentially investing valuable draft capital in the CB position. They’ve got 4 capable starters right now. Anyone they draft isn’t even going to start in the base package.

That position should be an afterthought until the rest of the defense is addressed. We’re in better shape there than any other spot by far.
[Reply]
RunKC 03:59 PM 02-17-2018
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Truthfully, the Chiefs would probably be best off waiting until 2019 to worry about potentially investing valuable draft capital in the CB position. They’ve got 4 capable starters right now. Anyone they draft isn’t even going to start in the base package.

That position should be an afterthought until the rest of the defense is addressed. We’re in better shape there than any other spot by far.
I’m telling you man...I think if Veach spends money on any position next month, it will most likely be on the DL. It’s rare to see a late 2nd or later defensive lineman come in day 1 with the strength to compete day 1.

I think we need multiple vets added
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 04:04 PM 02-17-2018
I’m telling you man...I think if Veach spends money on any position next month, it will most likely be on the DL. It’s rare to see a late 2nd or later defensive lineman come in day 1 with the strength to compete day 1.

I think we need multiple vets added
I know Dane and some others are against it, but I'm all in on the Wilkerson idea if we can get a similar prove-it deal like we have with Amerson. I don't know why he has struggled the past couple of years, it sounds like there have been some effort issues. But I think if you put that guy on our defense with a lot more talent than the Jets have and a real shot at winning, you can get his best self.
[Reply]
RunKC 04:11 PM 02-17-2018
I know Dane and some others are against it, but I'm all in on the Wilkerson idea if we can get a similar prove-it deal like we have with Amerson. I don't know why he has struggled the past couple of years, it sounds like there have been some effort issues. But I think if you put that guy on our defense with a lot more talent than the Jets have and a real shot at winning, you can get his best self.
I’m not totally against it, but I think 2 guys I want to target are Mike Pennel and DaQuan Jones.

The Chiefs currently have sub 300 lb lineman. They absolutely need to add 320+ lb giants to win the LOS and not get pushed around.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 04:29 PM 02-17-2018
I’m not totally against it, but I think 2 guys I want to target are Mike Pennel and DaQuan Jones.

The Chiefs currently have sub 300 lb lineman. They absolutely need to add 320+ lb giants to win the LOS and not get pushed around.
In my perfect scenario they pick up a true NT with the athleticism to rush the passer potentially like prime Poe once did in Tim Settle. He and Jones in the middle would be nasty. But I don’t buy any mock that says he’s making it to our pick.
[Reply]
Urc Burry 04:55 PM 02-17-2018
You honestly think there is a chance a guy who signed for 17 mil a year 2 years ago is going to come in on a min prove it deal? No chance. He’ll probably get at least 10/yr again. Hell Bennie Logan was never even close to a star and got 8
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 05:03 PM 02-17-2018
Originally Posted by Urc Burry:
You honestly think there is a chance a guy who signed for 17 mil a year 2 years ago is going to come in on a min prove it deal? No chance. He’ll probably get at least 10/yr again. Hell Bennie Logan was never even close to a star and got 8
Amerson signed for 4 years and $35M before getting cut two years later. He got a $2.25M 1-year deal.

It’s not impossible to envision Wilkerson getting a 1-year deal filled with escalators so that he may once again earn another big pay day. No team is going to give him close to the money he got from the Jets in 2016, just like no team was going to give Amerson $9M per year again.
[Reply]
The Franchise 05:19 PM 02-17-2018
Best thing about this signing...is it means we won’t go after fucking Talib.
[Reply]
Bowser 05:36 PM 02-17-2018
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
Best thing about this signing...is it means we won’t go after fucking Talib.
Talib's talent is not debatable, but goddamn could you imagine him and Peters feeding off of each other's hot headedness? Now, if we were talking Chris Harris....
[Reply]
Bowser 05:40 PM 02-17-2018
Look, Randy Moss was shit as a Raider*. He gets traded for a fourth rounder to a team with a real coach and a real sense of vision and direction, then goes on to score 23 touchdowns the very next year. Let's see what Amerson can do in a more stable organization before we bow out of this signing.

*No, David Amerson is not the cornerback equivalent to what Randy Moss was as a receiver, you mouthbreather
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 05:47 PM 02-17-2018
@ $2.25m should he expect to be our #2 Corner? ...or is there still a chance for a splashier pick up?
[Reply]
Page 11 of 19
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
Up