ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2841 of 4898
« First < 1841234127412791283128372838283928402841 284228432844284528512891294133413841 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
BlackOp 06:15 PM 04-07-2022
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
No, I've never denied they were busted on the deferred payments with interest... what I've said is that this did not open up additional cap room for them to sign other players that otherwise they could not have afforded.
So the "cash flow problem"...led to losing drafts picks and a million dollar fine.

Obviously the NFL found it to be a little more nefarious than simply "deferred payments"

Deferred payments means..."we'll pay you later"....like next year when you've retired.

Only Donk homers bought that horseshit cover story...they have no choice. Either that or admit Horseface's legacy is a sham...
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 07:32 PM 04-07-2022
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
So the "cash flow problem"...led to losing drafts picks and a million dollar fine.

Obviously the NFL found it to be a little more nefarious than simply "deferred payments"

Deferred payments means..."we'll pay you later"....like next year when you've retired.

Only Donk homers bought that horseshit cover story...they have no choice. Either that or admit Horseface's legacy is a sham...
I would imagine that the 'interest paid' for agreeing to not take the regularly scheduled payment is what triggered it, yes. The players ultimately made more money... but, it did not open up cap room so they could fit in another player or two, which is what I believe most suspect happened here.

The NFL deemed it punishable by a fine and a loss of draft picks, and I said at the time I didn't have an issue with it. Now, if you can point to that move giving them the opportunity within the salary cap to sign someone like a Neil Smith, then yeah - that would have given them a competitive advantage. But, again, I don't believe that is what happened and neither did the NFL or they would have said so at the time.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 07:33 PM 04-07-2022
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
General Paton does not mess around

:-)
wow
[Reply]
Holladay 08:28 PM 04-07-2022
I can understand a basketball player...but Lacrosse.

Straws at grasping.
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:48 PM 04-07-2022
Heard the Broncos just brought in a guy from a bowling league and want to try him out at RB.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 08:55 PM 04-07-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Heard the Broncos just brought in a guy from a bowling league and want to try him out at RB.
Unfortunately for everyone... Coach Klein was the true innovator.

[Reply]
BlackOp 12:22 AM 04-08-2022
I would imagine that the 'interest paid' for agreeing to not take the regularly scheduled payment is what triggered it, yes. The players ultimately made more money... but, it did not open up cap room so they could fit in another player or two, which is what I believe most suspect happened here.

The NFL deemed it punishable by a fine and a loss of draft picks, and I said at the time I didn't have an issue with it. Now, if you can point to that move giving them the opportunity within the salary cap to sign someone like a Neil Smith, then yeah - that would have given them a competitive advantage. But, again, I don't believe that is what happened and neither did the NFL or they would have said so at the time.
We both know what happened...Horseface/Davis both needed to get paid the same year...so the Donks concocted their little story to retain them. HF knew he was going to retire...so they attempted to push his $$ forward to a "ghost" season.

Al Davis knew they were full of shit...and called them out...and he was correct.

Like a NFL owner, building a new stadium, didn't have the financial connections to cover two contracts...use your brain. I guess owning a franchise really puts a cap on your credit level....

"high risk of default"....poor broke-ass Bowlen...owning a franchise is obviously worth nothing in collateral.

It forced the NFL into a bind as they didnt want to take their SB trophies away for cheating...but had to do something...then you have a legacy QB to factor in. Lot of optics in play...cheating teams winning SBs is bad for business.

You dont win either of those SBs if Davis had split...

That same cast of scumbags also greased their jerseys in a play-off game the same season....should tell you everything you need to know about their "integrity".
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 12:54 PM 04-08-2022
Sounds like Rob Walton is about to place a $4B bid for the franchise… dude is worth $70B. I like it.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 01:04 PM 04-08-2022
Sounds like Rob Walton is about to place a $4B bid for the franchise… dude is worth $70B. I like it.
May he buy and become Daniel Snyder part two. you would be wishing for Dee Snyder before it's over.
[Reply]
Clyde Frog 01:11 PM 04-08-2022
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
We both know what happened...Horseface/Davis both needed to get paid the same year...so the Donks concocted their little story to retain them. HF knew he was going to retire...so they attempted to push his $$ forward to a "ghost" season.

Al Davis knew they were full of shit...and called them out...and he was correct.

Like a NFL owner, building a new stadium, didn't have the financial connections to cover two contracts...use your brain. I guess owning a franchise really puts a cap on your credit level....

"high risk of default"....poor broke-ass Bowlen...owning a franchise is obviously worth nothing in collateral.

It forced the NFL into a bind as they didnt want to take their SB trophies away for cheating...but had to do something...then you have a legacy QB to factor in. Lot of optics in play...cheating teams winning SBs is bad for business.

You dont win either of those SBs if Davis had split...

That same cast of scumbags also greased their jerseys in a play-off game the same season....should tell you everything you need to know about their "integrity".

These points are where donk fan smugness and cheat denying shines. They get clever with nomenclature. Words and phrases such as, unaware, irrelevant, non-factor, etc. allow them to exist in delusion perpetually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 01:44 PM 04-08-2022

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-nfl-s-broncos
[Reply]
BlackOp 01:51 PM 04-08-2022
Originally Posted by Clyde Frog:
These points are where donk fan smugness and cheat denying shines. They get clever with nomenclature. Words and phrases such as, unaware, irrelevant, non-factor, etc. allow them to exist in delusion perpetually.
Yep..and MHM simply ignored it.

Then you can get into whether Manning should have even been in the NFL after his injury. Without HGH, his career was over...without Mrs. Manning's prescription, Donks dont sniff a SB with Tebow.

I will say that athletes with career threatening injuries "should" be allowed to use modern medicine tech to rehabilitate....but only under a strict guidelines/testing regiment once they are healthy again.

Manning was juicing well past the point of his recovery...and it was illegal to use HGH at any point. Indy cut him loose because all of their top doctors said he was finished....they didnt think of cheating him back to health....then rides in Horseface's corrupt ass with a plan.

Once HGH was being tested in earnest...Manning had the biggest single-season QB decline in NFL history. His arm almost literally fall off...

None of the FA's Manning recruited would have taken a deal for a ring...you know...if he had retired....like someone with "integrity".

Donks have never won a legitimate SB...they either were cheating the cap or hopped up on HGH.

And they wonder why they are hated...13 straight losses and the 2nd longest post-season drought still isnt enough karma.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 04:03 PM 04-08-2022
I haven’t ignored anything… there was nothing new to address.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 04:55 PM 04-08-2022
The NFL is a Union shop, Wally World heir hypocrite
[Reply]
Chieftain 05:09 PM 04-08-2022
The broncos should ditch their current ugly logo and replace it with a new better logo –> Elway's jawline with the teeth coming out in 3D. Maybe they can use some of his blonde hair as a touch up.
[Reply]
Page 2841 of 4898
« First < 1841234127412791283128372838283928402841 284228432844284528512891294133413841 > Last »
Up