ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 607 of 791
« First < 107507557597603604605606607 608609610611617657707 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 02:00 PM 03-21-2019
12 million. Would we have paid that?
[Reply]
RunKC 02:01 PM 03-21-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Welp at least I feel better about not getting an edge rusher for the Colts yet in the CP mock
Watch Ballard get Tillery. Goddamnit
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:02 PM 03-21-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
I'd still like to trade for and extend CLowney. I'm wrong about it I'm sure, but i'd like it.
If they're not extending Hill now, I'd start chatting.

But I still couldn't talk myself into giving up a 1st for him. Or even 2 seconds. And I don't think I can get that deal done for just a single late 2nd round pick.

It's the draft capital PLUS the money that makes that so painful.

But if they're no longer comfortable with the idea of extending Hill, they may need to look into an idea like that. Money's gonna go somewhere and I can't really think of a better fit for this front than Clowney.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:03 PM 03-21-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

But I still couldn't talk myself into giving up a 1st for him. Or even 2 seconds. And I don't think I can get that deal done for just a single late 2nd round pick.

But if they're no longer comfortable with the idea of extending Hill, they may need to look into an idea like that. Money's gonna go somewhere and I can't really think of a better fit for this front than Clowney.
I doubt Houston would send us Clowney under any circumstances. We're in their way as it is.
[Reply]
O.city 02:05 PM 03-21-2019

I'd think the fact that he'd need a contract to would lower the price.

I'd give up out first this year for him. He's just a perfect fit for the offense and what you need up front, with the games they're wanting to run up there. Him next to Jones against G's?

Sign me up.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:09 PM 03-21-2019

Yeah, I don't know about a draft pick OR that contract. Jones? Yes. Mahomes? Yes. Hill? Yes.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 02:13 PM 03-21-2019

Colts inquired about trading for former Chiefs’ LB Dee Ford; ultimately held on to draft-pick compensation and instead opted to sign former Chiefs’ LB Justin Houston.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 21, 2019

[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 02:20 PM 03-21-2019

My understanding is Justin Houston will be a defensive end for the #Colts and fits well in that system. More important, he’s a rusher (and a good one when healthy), which takes a little pressure off to find them in the draft.

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) March 21, 2019

[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:21 PM 03-21-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
ultimately, this is good for us. One less team grabbing a DE in the first round.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 02:30 PM 03-21-2019
Some of our AFC competition are making some big improvement, at least on paper. I can't help but feeling we're just spinning our wheels. We were one Dee Ford fuckup from the super bowl, but it's not entirely crazy to think we could regress. Veach and Reid are going to have a lot to answer for if we don't at least get back to the AFC championship game at a minimum.
[Reply]
ptlyon 02:33 PM 03-21-2019
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Some of our AFC competition are making some big improvement, at least on paper. I can't help but feeling we're just spinning our wheels. We were one Dee Ford ****up from the super bowl, but it's not entirely crazy to think we could regress. Veach and Reid are going to have a lot to answer for if we don't at least get back to the AFC championship game at a minimum.
Nice take. Now please take a hiatus until the next AFCCG.
[Reply]
In58men 02:34 PM 03-21-2019
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Nice take. Now please take a hiatus until the next AFCCG.
I can see the meltdown once we have our first loss after starting out 6-0
[Reply]
Buckweath 02:49 PM 03-21-2019
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Some of our AFC competition are making some big improvement, at least on paper. I can't help but feeling we're just spinning our wheels. We were one Dee Ford ****up from the super bowl, but it's not entirely crazy to think we could regress. Veach and Reid are going to have a lot to answer for if we don't at least get back to the AFC championship game at a minimum.
The offense will be the same or might regress a little.

The defense will be much improved IMO. They have a whole new coaching staff which looks to be strong. They're going to a scheme which fits certain players better. Berry is not really a loss. Houston is a loss, still a good player but he's getting older. Ford is a loss for sure but then they get Mathieu and Okafor. Breeland is pretty much the same as Nelson.

And this team is going to go defense heavy for a second year in a row and I trust Veach to make one or two more FA agent signing or trades.

When I look at a unit to determine if it will improve or be worse, I look at players who risk being on the decline and players who are trending up.

I see Fuller, Speaks and Nnadi (possibly also Kpassagnon and Watts) as trending up whilst Berry and Houston were possibly trending down because of age and injuries. Well, Veach got rid of those two.

You add the fact that Veach has a lot of picks this year and will be agressive.

I might have a really positive outlook but I do think this defense will be noticeably improved.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:56 PM 03-21-2019
Originally Posted by Buckweath:
The offense will be the same or might regress a little.

The defense will be much improved IMO. They have a whole new coaching staff which looks to be strong. They're going to a scheme which fits certain players better. Berry is not really a loss. Houston is a loss, still a good player but he's getting older. Ford is a loss for sure but then they get Mathieu and Okafor. Breeland is pretty much the same as Nelson.

And this team is going to go defense heavy for a second year in a row and I trust Veach to make one or two more FA agent signing or trades.

When I look at a unit to determine if it will improve or be worse, I look at players who risk being on the decline and players who are trending up.

I see Fuller, Speaks and Nnadi (possibly also Kpassagnon and Watts) as trending up whilst Berry and Houston were possibly trending down because of age and injuries. Well, Veach got rid of those two.

You add the fact that Veach has a lot of picks this year and will be agressive.

I might have a really positive outlook but I do think this defense will be noticeably improved.
Veach said last year it was a two year plan to get younger, faster, more aggressive, didn't he?

So last year's draft, this year's scheme change and jettisoning off underperforming/injury risk veterans. Signing Honey Badger plus some stopgap vets plus one more draft.

I'd bet money this ends up a top 20 defense, which would be plenty good enough.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 03:10 PM 03-21-2019
Our 19 season comes down to defense getting better with the new staff. Was Sutton just that bad? We are going to find out.
[Reply]
Page 607 of 791
« First < 107507557597603604605606607 608609610611617657707 > Last »
Up