ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 98 of 126
« First < 48889495969798 99100101102108 > Last »
Media Center>Superman/Batman movie coming in 2015
tk13 11:50 AM 07-20-2013

---

Originally Posted by :
After decades of fighting evil solo, Batman and Superman will finally be teaming up on the big screen, sources confirm to The Hollywood Reporter.

Man of Steel director Zack Snyder will direct the tentpole with Henry Cavill returning as Superman. It is unclear who will play Batman in the new film. A release date of 2015 has been set, with a Flash movie appearing in 2016 and a Justice League movie in 2017.

Snyder's Man of Steel, which rebooted the Superman franchise, has grossed north of $600 million worldwide since it hit theaters this June.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...-league-589521

Originally Posted by :
Warner Bros. is about to bring together two of its most iconic heroes: Superman and Batman will unite in a new film, the follow-up to “Man of Steel,” set for release in 2015.

According to two sources with knowledge of the movie, Warner Bros. intends to announce the news at its Comic-Con International panel Saturday morning. Said a Warner Bros. spokesperson, “We don’t comment on rumors regarding these properties.”

“Man of Steel” director Zack Snyder is expected to reunite with screenwriter David S. Goyer and star Henry Cavill for the new film. It’s unlikely Christian Bale will step back into the bat suit, as the actor has indicated publicly that he has moved on from his days as Bruce Wayne.

“Man of Steel” producer and “Dark Knight” trilogy director Christopher Nolan is expected by some to produce the project, but the exact nature of his involvement is unclear.

The move marks the culmination of years of effort on the part of Warner Bros. and DC Comics to bring their superheroes together in a similar fashion to their primary competitor Marvel, which successfully combined its superheroes into a $1.5-billion box-office hit with “The Avengers.”

In the comic world, the two heroes are teaming up in a new series, “Batman/Superman,” by writer Greg Pak and artist Jae Lee.
http://herocomplex.latimes.com/movie...-man-of-steel/
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:29 PM 03-25-2016
The reviews are horrible. This was a way better movie than I was expecting. Went to the afternoon show and it was packed. Lots of fanboys but also many other types from couples to moms.

My opinion is similar to others. Didn't hate the Lex but it just felt it didn't fit or maybe I'm use to a different Lex. Same with Affleck. He wasn't bad but I think they could have done better with casting Batman.

The pacing and the movie dragged at times. The fight scenes were awesome. Definitely would recommend the movie to the non-fanboy. It's a good popcorn movie.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Chieficus 12:19 AM 03-26-2016
Audience score at Rotten Tomatoes is 74%, which is a heck of a lot better than 30% for critics and gives me hope. Seeing it Easter evening.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 12:36 AM 03-26-2016
Saw this on Twitter...word of mouth seems good but idk where this snip came from.I assume audiences will show so it makes $$$$ rel="Lightbox"?s=21157cb91c6b2b66a59f049b40557f4e&attachmentid=111951&thumb=1&d=1458974193" class="thumbnail" border="0" alt="Click image for larger version Name: uploadfromtaptalk1458974193260.jpg Views: 91 Size: 39.3 KB ID: 111951" style="margin: 2px" />
Attached:
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 12:39 AM 03-26-2016
The Witch 90% RT score...53% audience score. Wanted to see that movie too was surprised to see the discrepancy
[Reply]
RobBlake 01:41 AM 03-26-2016
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
I thought it was just ok.

Marvel does a much better job IMO. I even thought Age of Ultron was better than this.

Seems like they just tried to jam everything in there. Maybe it's because they're the 2 biggest known iconic superheros of our time and their stories are already well known and this is a movie they should have done a long time ago. But it just seems like they threw all of it together with little substance.

I generously give it 3 out of 5 stars. I think it's hilarious this movie needs to make $800M just to break even.
no way in hell is Age of ultron better than this. NO WAY IN HELL lol. There's so many layers to this movie that it's hard to grasp. Just from the story itself.. way more interesting than run of the mill AoU. It was just a totally different type of comic book film and i appreciate it from that aspect. A LOT was going on. On first viewing, i give it a 8.3/10
[Reply]
Chiefs Pantalones 01:53 AM 03-26-2016
Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones:
Question...

Spoiler!
Anyone?
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 02:22 AM 03-26-2016
Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones:
Anyone?

Spoiler!

[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:17 AM 03-26-2016
Originally Posted by Chieficus:
Audience score at Rotten Tomatoes is 74%, which is a heck of a lot better than 30% for critics and gives me hope. Seeing it Easter evening.
This movie is good. Way better than the reviews. I'm no fanboy but do like the Superhero movies. My wife doesn't care for them. She even liked the movie. Thought it had a better story than most of them.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:20 AM 03-26-2016
Got this from Fandango. Worth anything?

Your Digital Comics Bundle includes:
Use the code below to get your FREE download:
REDEEM HERE
See Terms Below.
Code Expiration: 6/30/16
[Reply]
Fish 08:27 AM 03-26-2016
:-)....

‘Batman V. Superman’ Promotion Urges Filmgoers To Just Get This Over With

LOS ANGELES—Promising that it would be best to just buy a ticket and take care of the unpleasantness right away, a new Batman V. Superman: Dawn Of Justice promotional campaign launched this week reportedly urged filmgoers to simply get this whole thing over with. “Listen, you all knew this day was coming, so just go sit your ass in the theater, stare up at the IMAX screen for a couple hours, and be done with this shit once and for all,” said Warner Brothers marketing strategist Elizabeth Harris, who encouraged fans to make plans with friends right now so they could all bite the fucking bullet over opening weekend. “You know you can’t put this off forever, so just suck it up and plow through this thing as quickly as possible. Listen, you’re going to have to pay the piper now or at some point down the road on a commercial flight or during a broadcast on TNT, so you might as well just pony up the extra 10 bucks for 3D and never think about it again.” At press time, Warner Brothers had reportedly kicked off a last-minute Batman V. Superman media blitz in major markets advising audiences to just bend over and take it like a champ.

http://www.theonion.com/article/batm...s-just-g-52623
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 08:30 AM 03-26-2016
Originally Posted by RobBlake:
no way in hell is Age of ultron better than this. NO WAY IN HELL lol. There's so many layers to this movie that it's hard to grasp. Just from the story itself.. way more interesting than run of the mill AoU. It was just a totally different type of comic book film and i appreciate it from that aspect. A LOT was going on. On first viewing, i give it a 8.3/10
Eh. Guardians and Winter Soldier were different kinds of comic book movies. Being a Space Opera and Political Thriller respectively. Deadpool as well as being a parody of the Superhero genre rather than a superhero comedy.
[Reply]
Scorp 09:33 AM 03-26-2016
Saw it last night. I am a Huge Superman and Batman fan. I would not waste my time watching it again. I give it a 4/10, The first hour of the movie is so boring, I had to sit in anguish waiting for the movie to pick up steam. It finally did but way too late. The constant storyline switching is just sloppy as hell, and a bit confusing. The Actors were fine, and I even give Eisenberg props as I take it as he is supposed to be Lex jr. not Lex Sr. All in all the shittiness is on how the storyline is laid out not the Actors themselves.

Kinda Bummed on this film
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 09:36 AM 03-26-2016
Honestly, the disparity between audience and critics is sort of laughable.

I think this is a movie where a critic like Ebert would "get it". He understood that film isn't just an arthouse exercise, and I love the hell out of obscure art films and independent cinema.

Stop trying to square peg a movie for something it was never trying to be.

It's an enjoyable movie with plenty of flaws, and spend 10 minutes watching a few Honest Trailers, and you can see EVERY film has flaws. Life itself is full of flaws and lapses in logic, otherwise the world would be virtually perfect and we'd all have our shit together. But it's not, and we're not, because man is flawed and our stories reflect those lapses.

There's a difference between being a critic and being hypercritical .

The feedback on here is a lot more genuine than the "reviews".

IDK why, but there's part of me that sees the clip below and actually feels bad for Affleck. He'll get over it, I'm sure, but the look on his face is genuine, and you either revel in knocking someone down a peg, or you can empathize with other people - even if it is trivial in the grand scheme of things.

[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:41 AM 03-26-2016
Originally Posted by Scorp:
I even give Eisenberg props as I take it as he is supposed to be Lex jr. not Lex Sr.
In on record as liking the film but a couple of things weren't explained very well.

I guess the camera guy/CIA guy at the beginning was Jimmy Olson?

Robin had already died? Batman passes by his costume in the batcave

Eisenberg was Lex Jr.? Was this explained?
[Reply]
Scorp 09:47 AM 03-26-2016
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:

Eisenberg was Lex Jr.? Was this explained?
No it wasn't really explained at all. Except for the fact that he kept referring to his father throughout the film. My take is he inherited his hatred for Superman from his father.
[Reply]
Page 98 of 126
« First < 48889495969798 99100101102108 > Last »
Up