< 1234 5678 > Last »
In Memoriam>RIP Skip Towne
Graystoke 10:22 AM 07-19-2023
RIP.
Before my time but I hear his posting was legendary
[Reply]
seclark 10:27 AM 07-19-2023
RIP Skip
Always got along well with him except for one time I cracked on webtv users…sure enough, Skip was one and it was on.
Damn, that was a long time ago.
sec
[Reply]
cdcox 10:38 AM 07-19-2023
Originally Posted by seclark:
RIP Skip
Always got along well with him except for one time I cracked on webtv users…sure enough, Skip was one and it was on.
Damn, that was a long time ago.
sec
I remember that. It was hilarious.

RIP, Skip.
[Reply]
Simply Red 11:17 AM 07-19-2023
Originally Posted by Graystoke:
RIP.
he was hear for years after 2005
[Reply]
Easy 6 01:55 PM 07-19-2023
Originally Posted by Graystoke:
RIP.
He was still here when I joined in 06, got a little of the n00b treatment from him myself... RIP Skip, he was a much more accomplished guy than I might've guessed
[Reply]
Whosurdaddy 10:27 AM 07-19-2023
Funny Read: Why Skip Towne Rules
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/bb/show....php?p=7273716
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 10:46 AM 07-19-2023
Originally Posted by Whosurdaddy:
Funny Read: Why Skip Towne Rules
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/bb/show....php?p=7273716
A few of my favorites....

Originally Posted by Skip Towne:
Hell, I don't claim maturity. I hope I never mature. But I'll bet I've had more women than anybody on the Planet. Of course I've had a head start due to my age. That and I spent a year in Korea. They only charged $3 and I went to town every night. Do the math.

I had my rep taken clear to the bottom by a mod we no longer have. I won't mention any names but his initials are Zach. Anyhow, I climbed out of that hole and back to the top again. Only to be knocked down again. I climbed out once more so I have done this twice. I think Endelt did it three times.

The problem , no doubt, is related to the fact that you are a woman. Women can't fix things. Touch the wires together in different combinations until the bell rings. Then attach those wires to the new doorbell. I'm sensing a Kodak moment.

[Reply]
ChiTown 10:51 AM 07-19-2023
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
A few of my favorites....
:-) - Those are just absolutely classic Skip

:-)
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:57 AM 07-19-2023
Aww, that's sad. I liked Skip a lot. He had a crotchety schtick and he embraced it, but in truth he was a great guy.
[Reply]
JimNasium 10:58 AM 07-19-2023
I actually met Skip in person. He installed a DirectTV system for me. Nice guy with a crotchety online alter ego. At that time he was a heavy smoker and not a spring chicken, so I’m surprised he lasted this long. He was certainly a big part of this sites early years. RIP and enjoy being a NOOB in the afterlife!
[Reply]
notorious 10:59 AM 07-19-2023
He taught us to spray Crisco on our satellite dishes so that the snow doesn’t accumulate on it.

RIP noob.
[Reply]
ROYC75 11:00 AM 07-19-2023
Originally Posted by luv:
To our best knowledge (basically, Bwana), Skip Towne passed away on March 24, 2023. I didn't exactly have the most positive run-ins with him, but everyone who was anyone on here in the beginning deserves a thread in the In Memoriam forum.

I say we share our best (or worst) encounters with Skip, and then, only once this thread reached 100 posts, move it. :-)
Already said RIP in another thread, but it goes without saying it again, RIP Skip. We always got along well since both fellow KU grads.

100 post? What the hell, "Shut Up n00b ".

No way should we limit this when we can express our feelings to the many Skip moments on CP.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:01 AM 07-19-2023
i forget when it was, but i got a rep or a PM from him a few years ago

he was always lurking
[Reply]
Simply Red 11:18 AM 07-19-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
i forget when it was, but i got a rep or a PM from him a few years ago

he was always lurking
same, it was around 2013
[Reply]
tooge 11:05 AM 07-19-2023