ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2837 of 3903
« First < 1837233727372787282728332834283528362837 283828392840284128472887293733373837 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Marcellus 01:40 PM 08-12-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Yes, it is:

Based on death certificate data, the percentage of deaths attributed to pneumonia, influenza or COVID-19 (PIC) increased from week 26 – week 29 (June 27 – July 18) for the first time since mid-April. The percentage for week 31 is 7.8% and currently lower than the percentage during week 30 (12.6%); however, the percentage remains above the epidemic threshold. Percentages for recent weeks will likely increase as more death certificates are processed.
False. But I am not going to Donger this thread up any further with your nonsense.
[Reply]
Donger 01:41 PM 08-12-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
False.
That's from the CDC. If you want to argue with them, have at it.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...iew/index.html
[Reply]
Monticore 01:42 PM 08-12-2020
This will be gone sooner than later one way or another and people will continue to die from other diseases at a greater rate. Just like they are now.

Its not even a pandemic at this point.
More people died from covid this year than 3-4 years of gun violence but people still feel the need to carry a gun for protection and the protect their family , yet don’t want to wear a mask to do the same.
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:43 PM 08-12-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
More people died from covid this year than 3-4 years of gun violence but people still feel the need to carry a gun for protection and the protect their family , yet don’t want to wear a mask to do the same.
Thats because not that many people die from gun violence every year. What a ****ing stupid comparison only a Canadian would make. :-)

Good grief dude.
[Reply]
Monticore 01:45 PM 08-12-2020
Thats because not that many people die from gun violence every year. What a ****ing stupid comparison only a Canadian would make. :-)

Good grief dude.
Why need a gun if there isn’t much of a threat is the point I am trying to make

The threat of dying from covid is much greater I agree , yet why carry a gun and not a mask.
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:48 PM 08-12-2020
Why need a gun if there isn’t much of a threat is the point I am trying to make

The threat of dying from covid is much greater I agree , yet why carry a gun and not a mask.
:-) stop it.

You have a better chance of being a victim of violent crime than dying of covid unless you are around 78 years old.
[Reply]
Monticore 01:51 PM 08-12-2020
:-) stop it.

You have a better chance of being a victim of violent crime than dying of covid unless you are around 78 years old.
What percentage of the population died to gun violence this year , you like those stats .

That’s just media based fear mongering if you ask me having to carry a gun seems draconian.
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:09 PM 08-12-2020
What percentage of the population died to gun violence this year , you like those stats .

That’s just media based fear mongering if you ask me having to carry a gun seems draconian.
Why do you have to die for it to count? Most of the issue is personal protection from robbery or assault, not fear of death.

When that standard is brought up with Covid then you bring up people getting sick and having permanent damage but live.

Your gun fear mongering is irrelevant to this conversation dude, stop the stupid comparison, its the first sign your argument sucks when you make ridiculous parallels like this.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:21 PM 08-12-2020
I don't understand those who still think this will just go away on its own. The weather is going to get colder which doesn't bode well for any coronavirus. I pay less attention to cases and deaths. The stress we saw to our hospitals is good reason to at least still stay careful.

This shouldn't be hard. We've learned enough about this thing that we can be mostly normal as long as businesses and systems have protocol and plans. Even those plans have started to relax. Like clockwork those without a plan become super spreaders. We don't need to shut everything down like a doomsdayer but will also can't just blatantly dismiss what's happening either. I just don't get why these things always have to be such black and white issues.
[Reply]
Pants 02:25 PM 08-12-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I mean this whole panacea idea is kind of silly. We have an influenza vaccine and it’s about 40% effective by the time it is administered because viruses can and do mutate. Sure we will eventually have a vaccine but anybody that thinks that’s the end of it is fooling themselves.
This has been covered literally a hundred times in this thread.

Two totally different viruses. All research points to this thing being susceptible to vaccination.
[Reply]
lewdog 02:29 PM 08-12-2020
Why do you have to die for it to count? Most of the issue is personal protection from robbery or assault, not fear of death.

When that standard is brought up with Covid then you bring up people getting sick and having permanent damage but live.

Your gun fear mongering is irrelevant to this conversation dude, stop the stupid comparison, its the first sign your argument sucks when you make ridiculous parallels like this.
I thought only deaths mattered?!?!?!
[Reply]
Bearcat 02:42 PM 08-12-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
I thought only deaths mattered?!?!?!
Per trillion or not relevant.
[Reply]
Monticore 02:42 PM 08-12-2020

I don’t think I’m gun fear mongering I’m doing to opposite I have way less chance of dying of gun violence than covid.
I keep saying gun violence is rare and affects a small percentage of the population and some demographics more than others , yet some people still feel concerned enough to take precautions, yet you come in here everyday trying to minimize covid even though it affects a larger amount of the population and ridicule people who feel concerned enough to take precautions.

And yes yes not just deaths should count for both yet you bring up deaths percentage in here pretty often.

I was trying to argue your reasoning for fearing one thing over the other , gun was the only one I could think of I wasn’t trying to argue guns themselves and it shouldn’t have taken me this many posts for you to get the point.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 02:49 PM 08-12-2020
I guess that all depends on how many people takethe vaccine and how effective it is.

Originally Posted by sedated:
Will it really matter how many people get it as long as all the people that want it have had it?
If the vaccine is 100% effective. But it probably won’t be.

If the vaccine is 50% effective it makes a huge difference what percent of the population gets it.
[Reply]
stumppy 02:59 PM 08-12-2020
I don’t think I’m gun fear mongering I’m doing to opposite I have way less chance of drying of gun violence than covid.
I keep saying gun violence is rare and affects a small percentage of the population and some demographics more than others , yet some people still feel concerned enough to take precautions, yet you come in here everyday trying to minimize covid even though it affects a larger amount of the population and ridicule people who feel concerned enough to take precautions.

And yes yes not just deaths should count for both yet you bring up deaths percentage in here pretty often.

I was trying to argue your reasoning for fearing one thing over the other , gun was the only one I could think of I wasn’t trying to argue guns themselves and it shouldn’t have taken me this many posts for you to get the point.
:-)

Now you gone and done it! You're not supposed to talk about the Free Dummies guns.:-)
[Reply]
Page 2837 of 3903
« First < 1837233727372787282728332834283528362837 283828392840284128472887293733373837 > Last »
Up