ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 115 of 162
« First < 1565105111112113114115 116117118119125 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>So it’s really just the Steelers [or Bills] right?
RunKC 09:41 PM 09-28-2020
I mean goddamn this conference seems wrapped up doesn’t it? Not trying to jinx us but it really seems like injuries are our biggest opponent at this point.

The Ravens are fucking frauds. They’re a warm up for us. We literally made these guys look like the JV squad the last 2 meetings.

And sure the Bills and Titans may make us work for the win, but in all honesty we have to play pretty goddamn shitty to lose to those guys.

In order to have any shot at beating us you need 3 things:

1. Elite pass rush
2. Top 10 QB capable of making critical plays
3. Overall talented roster

Steelers are the only team in the AFC that has those 3 things, and even them it’s not like they’re some serious threat like the Patriots a couple years back, but they seem like the best of the rest.

I think at this point it would be disappointing for this team to not get to the SB 3 straight times.

We’re just that good, and we keep drafting well and get better and better.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:21 PM 12-16-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Kollmann does have a more recent Josh Allen video, FWIW, even though only a few weeks into the season at that point...

Yeah, used that one to help me predict what would happen vs. the Chiefs. Worked out pretty spot on for me. I was off on the final score, but not how Allen would react to the pressure Spags brought and how often. And when I was predicting the outcome, I didn't know that it was going to be played inside a hurricane. Otherwise I would've knocked 7-10 points off my prediction, and I'd have been almost dead on.
[Reply]
diqlix 07:31 PM 12-16-2020
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Allen has 28 tds and 9 ints

I'm not sure what all of the hype is about.
Some people want to discount him. Or want to keep their preconceived notions of him being trash.

He’s not trash.

He’s not elite either, but he’s not trash.
[Reply]
diqlix 07:33 PM 12-16-2020
Kollmann does have a more recent Josh Allen video, FWIW, even though only a few weeks into the season at that point...

That throw at 6:07, is one that only 3 QB’s in the NFL are making, in my opinion.

Mahomes, Rodgers, Allen.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:34 PM 12-16-2020
So looking at the Bills schedule, I'm looking at max of 7 playoff teams. Not necessarily teams that are traditionally good enough to get into the playoffs and maybe do some damage, but just teams that have records good enough to probably get in.

That's MIA (need help and not really ready), LAR, TEN (paper tiger), KC (clinched), SEA, ARI (in the hunt), PIT (paper tiger).

Don't see an 8th?
[Reply]
diqlix 07:37 PM 12-16-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
I don't see it. I see 4 playoff teams, two of which are paper tigers (TEN & PIT). Both probably 1-and-done teams. And two other "on the fence" teams, that aren't very good.

Where are there 8 playoff teams in BUF schedule?
1) Dolphins
2) Rams
3) Titans
4) Chiefs
5) Steelers
6) Seahawks
7) Raiders
8) Cardinals

Every one of those teams are either currently in a playoff spot as of this very moment, OR within 1 game of a playoff spot (“in the hunt”).

Of ALL playoff teams in BOTH conferences combined, the Bills have the hardest SOS (strength of schedule) and 2nd highest SOV (strength of victory).

ps, i give you credit - you went from seeing 4 playoff teams on the last page, to 7 on this page :-)
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:48 PM 12-16-2020
Yeah, it's just the nature of shitty NFL schedules... you're lucky to play more than one or two true contenders in the regular season, because the fact is there's generally no more than 3 or 4 in the entire league.

The best you can hope for is an extra playoff contender or two in the one-off games in your conference (like the Chiefs playing the Ravens and Texans, with one sort of working out).

I'm sure the Bills have one of the strongest schedules in the league. Just look at the Chiefs'... Ravens, Bills, Bucs, Dolphins, Saints... and one division leader in that bunch.

It's not like anyone is playing the Packers or Chiefs every week.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:49 PM 12-16-2020
Damn this thread is a shit show.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 07:51 PM 12-16-2020
Originally Posted by daquix:
Some people want to discount him. Or want to keep their preconceived notions of him being trash.

He’s not trash.

He’s not elite either, but he’s not trash.

Never thought he was trash. Had him as a 1st round pick..but thought he was more of a late 1st value.

Right now he is having a great year in an efficient offense. I see him not as elite but in a group of QBs that can operate at a high level within the right system fit.

Tannehill
Allen
Jackson

I think Trubisky could be in this group too if he sticks with Lazor. Watch the last few Chicago games since Nagy stopped calling the plays.
[Reply]
diqlix 08:00 PM 12-16-2020
Yeah, it's just the nature of shitty NFL schedules... you're lucky to play more than one or two true contenders in the regular season, because the fact is there's generally no more than 3 or 4 in the entire league.

The best you can hope for is an extra playoff contender or two in the one-off games in your conference (like the Chiefs playing the Ravens and Texans, with one sort of working out).

I'm sure the Bills have one of the strongest schedules in the league. Just look at the Chiefs'... Ravens, Bills, Bucs, Dolphins, Saints... and one division leader in that bunch.

It's not like anyone is playing the Packers or Chiefs every week.
Exactly.

Well said.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:06 PM 12-16-2020
Buffalo made it way easier for Allen to develop this season by getting him a true top talent in Diggs to throw to. Without that trade I don't think Allen progresses nearly as well as he's done. More NFL teams need to learn from this and not leave their franchise QB hanging with subpar skill positions.
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:09 PM 12-16-2020
1) Dolphins
2) Rams
3) Titans
4) Chiefs
5) Steelers
6) Seahawks
7) Raiders
8) Cardinals

Every one of those teams are either currently in a playoff spot as of this very moment, OR within 1 game of a playoff spot (“in the hunt”).

Of ALL playoff teams in BOTH conferences combined, the Bills have the hardest SOS (strength of schedule) and 2nd highest SOV (strength of victory).
Pretty sure LVR isn't in the hunt anymore. Could be maybe, if they get a lot of help, but i think I read yesterday that they were done.

However,

looking at "SoV" is just too general. It's really not indicative of much.

BUF beat the Jets twice, but the 2nd time around they had to kick 6 FGs to squeak by a team that's desperately trying to tank. Not impressive.

Then MIA, but that was week 2, so again not really that great.

Beat the Rams on a bad call by the refs.

Raiders give up 31 to everyone.

Crushed by TEN. That would be concerning if I were a BUF fan.

Dominated by KC, but I knew that would happen.

Squeaked by the worst NE team in two decades. Personally found that annoying, because I bought into the whole "Josh Allen is new and improved!" And then didn't really look it during the game.

Beat SEA's bottom-feeding defense.

Somehow lost to ARI. That was the Hail Murray, iirc.

Beat the 49ers and LAC, neither team was any good when BUF played them.

And stumbled their way to a win vs. the worst PIT team since before Rothlisberger became the starter.

i mean I get it. According to this "SoV" thing, MIA has evolved into a decent team. They weren't when you played them, but they are now.

TEN is leading the AFC-S, but watch them play CLE and it becomes abundantly clear that they aren't as good as their record.

NE was still in the hunt, kind of. But the reailty is that they are extremely limited on offense, and their defense doesn't have a pass rush, and they aren't that good at stopping the run.

Cards are in Year 2 of the Kliff-burger experiment, and it's still got a lot of ups and downs.

SEA doesn't have a defense.

PIT is a great team record-wise, but in reality they're pretty weak. And BUF had a lot of trouble putting them away.

Basically BUF has played three good teams. LAR, KC, SEA. Rams have a really good defense, OL, weapons, and Gomer Pyle for a QB. KC. And SEA has one of the worst defenses in the league, and a poor OL.

But the Bills went 2-1 against those three, which is actually better than what they likely would've done against those three teams last season. And a big part of the difference is probably Allen's improvement this year. So there's that.

But the "SoV" thing is kind of misleading.
[Reply]
diqlix 08:12 PM 12-16-2020
Pretty sure LVR isn't in the hunt anymore. Could be maybe, if they get a lot of help, but i think I read yesterday that they were done.

However,

looking at "SoV" is just too general. It's really not indicative of much.

BUF beat the Jets twice, but the 2nd time around they had to kick 6 FGs to squeak by a team that's desperately trying to tank. Not impressive.

Then MIA, but that was week 2, so again not really that great.

Beat the Rams on a bad call by the refs.

Raiders give up 31 to everyone.

Crushed by TEN. That would be concerning if I were a BUF fan.

Dominated by KC, but I knew that would happen.

Squeaked by the worst NE team in two decades. Personally found that annoying, because I bought into the whole "Josh Allen is new and improved!" And then didn't really look it during the game.

Beat SEA's bottom-feeding defense.

Somehow lost to ARI. That was the Hail Murray, iirc.

Beat the 49ers and LAC, neither team was any good when BUF played them.

And stumbled their way to a win vs. the worst PIT team since before Rothlisberger became the starter.

i mean I get it. According to this "SoV" thing, MIA has evolved into a decent team. They weren't when you played them, but they are now.

TEN is leading the AFC-S, but watch them play CLE and it becomes abundantly clear that they aren't as good as their record.

NE was still in the hunt, kind of. But the reailty is that they are extremely limited on offense, and their defense doesn't have a pass rush, and they aren't that good at stopping the run.

Cards are in Year 2 of the Kliff-burger experiment, and it's still got a lot of ups and downs.

SEA doesn't have a defense.

PIT is a great team record-wise, but in reality they're pretty weak. And BUF had a lot of trouble putting them away.

Basically BUF has played three good teams. LAR, KC, SEA. Rams have a really good defense, OL, weapons, and Gomer Pyle for a QB. KC. And SEA has one of the worst defenses in the league, and a poor OL.

But the Bills went 2-1 against those three, which is actually better than what they likely would've done against those three teams last season. And a big part of the difference is probably Allen's improvement this year. So there's that.

But the "SoV" thing is kind of misleading.
You’re actually interpreting it a little incorrectly.

The fact that the Bills beat the Jets twice, HURTS their SOV.

Because it adds two 0-12 games to their victories.

The Bills have the highest SOV, despite playing the Jets twice.

Without the Jets games, the Bills BLOW AWAY everyone else in SOV, rather than just beating them.

No matter how you slice it, the Bills have the hardest schedule in the league.

The highest SOS and 2nd highest SOV, despite playing the Jets twice which lowers both numbers.

It’s kinda incredible actually.

They have played 8 playoff or “in the hunt” teams. To my knowledge, no other team has done that.

I realize you kinda want to downplay it, but there is no way around it.
[Reply]
Why Not? 08:13 PM 12-16-2020
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Buffalo made it way easier for Allen to develop this season by getting him a true top talent in Diggs to throw to. Without that trade I don't think Allen progresses nearly as well as he's done. More NFL teams need to learn from this and not leave their franchise QB hanging with subpar skill positions.
This is true but to be fair, the Bills may have been the only team guilty of this currently (pre Diggs) what other team doesn’t have at least one skill position stud (other than the Jets because their entire org is poisoned so who knows how good any of their players actually are) ?

Eagles maybe? No great WR. Giants kinda? But QB play both places hinders that evaluation
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:14 PM 12-16-2020
1)

ps, i give you credit - you went from seeing 4 playoff teams on the last page, to 7 on this page :-)
I don't see 7 playoff teams. I see 4 playoff teams, as in their going to the playoffs, and 3 teams that could get there, maybe.
[Reply]
diqlix 08:15 PM 12-16-2020
I don't see 7 playoff teams. I see 4 playoff teams, as in their going to the playoffs, and 3 teams that could get there, maybe.
They have played 7 teams that are currently IN the playoffs, as of this moment. Whether you think they deserve it or not :-)
[Reply]
Page 115 of 162
« First < 1565105111112113114115 116117118119125 > Last »
Up