ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 63
« First < 289101112 131415162262 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>All alex all the time
Easy 6 09:46 PM 05-12-2017
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I'd like to get those two really rolling together like Atlanta uses Freeman and Coleman. Just a couple of well balanced runners who run hard as hell and can catch the ball.

This team is going to need a top notch run game to make an AFC Championship under Alex Smith in 2017, along with a top notch defense. Now, if Mahomes becomes as good as many including myself think he could be, it's a whole new level for the Chiefs. The offense could become something it hasn't been in nearly 15 years.
I honestly dont see our guys being quite as dynamic as Atlantas duo

But what our guys lack in explosiveness, they should be be able to make up for with with a grinding, wear you down, kill the clock style... provided Ehingers return is the cure for what ailed us last year

What Alex Smith brings this year, I have no clue... tempted to expect the same old shit because thats how he has mostly played for his entire career

But maybe, just maybe, the writing on the wall spurs him to reach outside of himself and he tries to MAKE plays for once... 'good' Smiff can approach dynamic, we'll see

The pressure will either make him wilt, or make him show off

If he decides to grab his balls, we could have a great year
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 11:55 AM 05-14-2017
Yes, we are all aware that you are using the Pitt game as the starting point for your hatred of Smith. We know.

Alex's conservative play is equally if not more directly tied to Reid's play calling when we got up 2 scores. We have seen the stats. When the game is on line or we're behind, he plays exceptionally well. That holding call on the 2 point conversion to Harris was horse ****...but on that drive he converted a 3rd and 25 and also a 4th down play in the red zone to set up Ware for that 1 yard TD.

Blame him all you want for the Titans game, but the defense had every opportunity to stop them from marching down the field. Berry was in no mans land and let Walker gash us twice in the middle of the field.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 12:00 PM 05-14-2017
Originally Posted by TigerUppercut:
Yes, we are all aware that you are using the Pitt game as the starting point for your hatred of Smith. We know.

Alex's conservative play is equally if not more directly tied to Reid's play calling when we got up 2 scores. We have seen the stats. When the game is on line or we're behind, he plays exceptionally well. That holding call on the 2 point conversion to Harris was horse ****.
My displeasure toward Smith was beginning to compile throughout his entire shit season. It culminated in the embarrassing playoff loss.

So now what, Andy has some button that makes Alex check down on the majority of his reads? Face it dude. That's who Smith is. He's not going to take the necessary risks with the football to get a team over the hump.
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 12:04 PM 05-14-2017
What the hell is your definition of check down?

Cause tom brady and matt ryan get 20% of their yards from running backs.

Just asking...
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 12:07 PM 05-14-2017
What the hell is your definition of check down?

Cause tom brady and matt ryan get 20% of their yards from running backs.

Just asking...
Are you really going to try to twist this fact into some sort of debate? Everyone who is remotely familiar with football knows that Smith is the poster boy for conservative, game manger style football.

If you want to use that stupid stat, how many yards from Kelce are from YAC? I'll give you a hint. It's more than his yards through the air.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 12:19 PM 05-14-2017
:-) @ "two more seasons of Smith"

Fantasy.

Fucking.

Land.
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:20 PM 05-14-2017
Seattle and Dungver don't win those SB's without their running game.
Hell, Pitt doesn't go on that impressive win streak last year without Leveon Bell.
Atlanta became viable when the got Coleman and Freeman.

Why the ignorant folk still have this mentality that this is 'strictly' a QB league when 40% of the plays are kept on the ground, absolutely baffles me.
Yeah, and when Minnesota had all that playoff success when Adrian Peterson was paired with Tarvaris Jackson and Christian Ponder! Or how about those Chiefs teams of the 90s! What about the first three New England Super Bowl teams who were nothing more than Kevin Faulk and a washed up Corey Dillon in the backfield?

There is no one right way to build your team. I think the majority of teams will take a good-not-great running game combined with a great QB instead of the reverse.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:27 PM 05-14-2017
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
If I agreed with any of your Alex BS in the past, it was because I was clinging to some balky hope that he would be the best version of himself in 2016 and in the playoffs. The Pittsburgh game was the icing on the cake to what was a shitty season offensively. This team lost 3 of the regular season games directly due to the offense, much of which was Alex's fault. They squeaked out a few wins because of the defense making huge plays. A couple of times Alex's conservative play dug them a hole in which he was very lucky to dig out of in the 4th quarter.

Almost everyone on this board saw in 2016 what they needed to see, but yet your dumbass is still living in fantasy land. You're a Smith fan boy who won't acknowledge that he's holding the roster back.
I'm asking this in all seriousness, and hoping for well reasoned responses only.

I'm seriously at a loss how the Pittsburgh loss was the straw the broke the camel's back for ALEX ONLY.

I can see if it broke someone's spirit for the whole team. It nearly did for me. It certainly made me question karma and frankly the drive of the entire organization. But I've come to convince myself that the entire team was out of sorts, and there is [probably] some hidden drama or injury behind the scenes that they were trying to cover for.

I get that many see this as an 18 pt defensive truimph that Alex alone effed up. But I seriously see it as a potential 50/55-10 blowout that was only 'effed up' by Rapelis having his worst day of his career, and a few sparks of life from the offense towards the end.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 12:42 PM 05-14-2017
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
:-) @ "two more seasons of Smith"

Fantasy.

****ing.

Land.
I hope von Miller wrecks his knee. Anything to end this Alex fraud experiment...
[Reply]
rico 12:47 PM 05-14-2017
Man...I think I have finally hit a wall with this topic. Every time I read about Alex, I think of that song by Marilyn Manson, "The New Shit" where he's like,"everything has been said before, nothing left to say anymore."
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 12:48 PM 05-14-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
I'm asking this in all seriousness, and hoping for well reasoned responses only.

I'm seriously at a loss how the Pittsburgh loss was the straw the broke the camel's back for ALEX ONLY.

I can see if it broke someone's spirit for the whole team. It nearly did for me. It certainly made me question karma and frankly the drive of the entire organization. But I've come to convince myself that the entire team was out of sorts, and there is [probably] some hidden drama or injury behind the scenes that they were trying to cover for.

I get that many see this as an 18 pt defensive truimph that Alex alone effed up. But I seriously see it as a potential 50/55-10 blowout that was only 'effed up' by Rapelis having his worst day of his career, and a few sparks of life from the offense towards the end.
The defense did what it did all year in that game. Bend don't break. They were dealing with injuries all throughout the front 7. Houston wasn't half of himself, and obviously DJ, Bailey, and Howard were out. Hali wasn't right either I'd guess looking at his snap count. Roethlisberger had been poor on the road for the past 2-3 seasons, and the stats show that. I didn't expect Ben to have a great game.

The offense was also what it had been the entire year. There were no injuries outside of Ehinger, which likely held the running game back a little bit. We were at home, coming off of a bye, facing a defense that was not what anyone would consider to be good. Andy's first 15 play script was a success (much like the Tennessee game), but when it came time to make adjustments, the offense curled into a ball. Just as it did vs. TEN, TB, HOU. Even some of our wins were highlighted a below average offense.

Sure, some of that blame could go around to all. But there is no question where the majority of it goes. I've got NFL Game Pass, and I watch the tape of the games on All-22. Smith left a ton of plays on the field. Specifically in the playoff game, as many have posted on here. Despite what you read on here, Maclin is still a really good WR. He got open a lot last year toward the end of the season. Smith just wasn't throwing him the ball. The same can be said for other receivers as well on certain plays.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 12:48 PM 05-14-2017
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
I hope von Miller wrecks his knee. Anything to end this Alex fraud experiment...
No no, we are to be grateful for Alex's overstay upon stabilizing the QB position, and should petition the Chiefs to keep Alex well in to year 3 of Mahomes rookie contract, yes.

You know, because we're morons!
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:49 PM 05-14-2017
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
We get it, you're a classless piece of shit and a worthless sports fan.

The Chiefs ought to give you season tickets, except you have to attend every event 'siamese twin' style with that asshole who called Adam Jones the N-word in Boston last week.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 12:49 PM 05-14-2017
We get it, you're a classless piece of shit and a worthless sports fan.

The Chiefs ought to give you season tickets, except you have to attend every event 'siamese twin' style with that asshole who called Adam Jones the N-word in Boston last week.
Cue the classic Baby Lee outrage post!
[Reply]
Sandy Vagina 12:50 PM 05-14-2017

I even broke down the KC drives in that game.. explained where they failed.. and not one ****ing person here had the stones to dispute that he might... might have been responsible for more than 1 of the 9 drives. (the sack on 3rd and 7, where he really should have just let the ball out)
[Reply]
Sandy Vagina 12:51 PM 05-14-2017
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
No no, we are to be grateful for Alex's overstay upon stabilizing the QB position, and should petition the Chiefs to keep Alex well in to year 3 of Mahomes rookie contract, yes.

You know, because we're morons!
You are morons, because you are blaming Smith for his overstay.. instead of blaming Andy and Dorsey.. who make that ultimate decision.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 63
« First < 289101112 131415162262 > Last »
Up