ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 13
« First < 289101112 13 >
Media Center>Blade Runner 2049
keg in kc 03:34 PM 12-19-2016

(Yeah I know the thread is a q but I ain't bumping anything wendler...)

(That's what she said)
[Reply]
Frazod 08:13 PM 01-24-2018
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Thanks, guys! It’s probably best I wait until I’ve got the house to myself so that I can have the opportunity to be fully immersed into the film.
:-)
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:01 PM 01-25-2018
Originally Posted by sully1983:
Cool. IMO the moment K finds Deckard is probably the best directed sequence of events in ANY film of 2017 . Oh and the Elvis shit playing in the background? BRILLIANT !
Agreed. Great scene! Finished the movie. It was great!

One question, what happened to the creator dude? The movie just ended and never explained what happened to him after he talked with Deckard.
[Reply]
SAGA45 06:07 PM 01-25-2018
Do I need to watch the original Blade Runner to appreciate this one? Or does this one stand alone?
[Reply]
Mennonite 06:17 PM 01-25-2018

I think you should watch the original first. The second one probably works fine as a standalone BUT it would spoil watching the first one. I also think you would appreciate the second one more if you are familiar with the world created in the first movie. There are multiple cuts, which can be frustrating. Most people seem to prefer the Final Cut. Me, I prefer the Workprint version. Both should be fairly easy to find.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:33 PM 01-25-2018
Originally Posted by SAGA45:
Do I need to watch the original Blade Runner to appreciate this one? Or does this one stand alone?
It’s not 100% necessary but it ties directly to events in the first movie. I’m would recommend watching the original first
[Reply]
Frazod 06:57 PM 01-25-2018
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Agreed. Great scene! Finished the movie. It was great!

One question, what happened to the creator dude? The movie just ended and never explained what happened to him after he talked with Deckard.
He should be alive and well for the next one, assuming there is a next one. Sucks that this was so good yet performed so poorly at the box office. Not enough splosions, I guess. :-)
[Reply]
Frazod 06:58 PM 01-25-2018
Originally Posted by SAGA45:
While it's not really a complete requirement, I would highly recommend it. If for no other reason, because the original is so good. If you haven't seen it, you should.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:38 PM 01-25-2018
Originally Posted by Frazod:
He should be alive and well for the next one, assuming there is a next one. Sucks that this was so good yet performed so poorly at the box office. Not enough splosions, I guess. :-)
Heh. I highly doubt there will be another, but who knows?

As a business mind I never would have green lit this film. But my artistic mind is glad they did.

Might be one of the best sequels I’ve ever seen. So perfectly felt like, tied into and expanded on the original
Great stuff!
[Reply]
BWillie 11:33 AM 01-26-2018
I liked it, just thought it would be closer to 10 out of 10 material. Would have liked to see more about how they actually engineer the biological replicants, but my guess is they had no idea to explain it to us. They did a good job showing how Kay experiences the world, but not a good job of showing us how the rest of the world works. I was just curious, I guess.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 04:19 PM 01-26-2018
Originally Posted by Frazod:
He should be alive and well for the next one, assuming there is a next one.
Absolutely there will be another one.

You will just have to wait 31 years for it...
[Reply]
listopencil 04:34 PM 01-26-2018
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:

It seems to me that the next step is a Planet of the Apes scenario. With enough differences in this universe that the storyline changes dramatically.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 04:50 PM 01-26-2018
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:

Technically there already has been another one. The nearly forgotten 1998 Kurt Russell flick 'Soldier' is part of the Bladerunner universe.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120157/...ef_=tt_trv_trv

Writer David Webb Peoples has said that Soldier is a "side-quel" to Blade Runner (1982) (which he also wrote) because it takes place in the same universe, and in fact the vehicles used by the Blade Runners - spinners - are also used in Soldier. The premise of Soldier was actually based on an unused opening scene for Blade Runner, where a group of Replicants are dumped and left for dead on an Off-world colony. Both films were released by Warner Brothers, and both were box-office failures that gained a cult following after being released on home video.
[Reply]
Red Brooklyn 05:37 PM 01-26-2018
Blade Runner 2049 is one of the top 5 best movies of the year.
[Reply]
Frazod 07:05 PM 01-26-2018
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Technically there already has been another one. The nearly forgotten 1998 Kurt Russell flick 'Soldier' is part of the Bladerunner universe.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120157/...ef_=tt_trv_trv

Writer David Webb Peoples has said that Soldier is a "side-quel" to Blade Runner (1982) (which he also wrote) because it takes place in the same universe, and in fact the vehicles used by the Blade Runners - spinners - are also used in Soldier. The premise of Soldier was actually based on an unused opening scene for Blade Runner, where a group of Replicants are dumped and left for dead on an Off-world colony. Both films were released by Warner Brothers, and both were box-office failures that gained a cult following after being released on home video.
No shit? If I ever knew that, I'd forgotten. I'll have to watch that again.
[Reply]
Miles 07:21 PM 01-26-2018
Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn:
Blade Runner 2049 is one of the top 5 best movies of the year.
Easily my favorite among those I’ve seen. The complaints I’ve read are also amusingly some of what I thought was so great. Meaning those beautiful glacially paced shots with the excellent and loud score thumping.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 13
« First < 289101112 13 >
Up