ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 169 of 205
« First < 69119159165166167168169 170171172173179 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL NBA Regular Season Thread****
dirk digler 10:59 AM 12-25-2011
Let's get it on... finally
KCUnited 02:58 PM 08-26-2020
Question is will this bleed into the PGA's BMW Championship this weekend?
staylor26 02:58 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Remember when LeBron James said this about Daryl Morey’s tweet in support of the Hong Kong protestors...

Link: https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...hina-hong-kong

:-)
Yea but Lebron saying Black people are being “hunted” and “targeted” is just fine!

The irony is priceless :-)
DJ's left nut 02:59 PM 08-26-2020
Remember when LeBron James said this about Daryl Morey’s tweet in support of the Hong Kong protestors...

Link: https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...hina-hong-kong

Oh, James blatant hypocrisy is routinely on display, most specifically as it relates to China.
FloridaMan88 03:00 PM 08-26-2020
Wildcat strikes have been illegal in the US since 1935.
DJ's left nut 03:00 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Is racial injustice going somewhere by the winter? If they can boycott now, they can boycott later too.

It's really a brutal position for Silver/the league to be in right now.
Of course it's a brutal position.

Precisely BECAUSE they don't have a choice here.

And yes, when there are no longer political points to score here - win or lose in November - this stuff will fall into the background because the media will stop fanning the flames.

Yes, this will go away by November.
KC_Connection 03:00 PM 08-26-2020
That this season started with the NBA and its players not standing behind Daryl Morey and is now potentially ending like this is some irony isn't it?
staylor26 03:02 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

And yes, when there are no longer political points to score here - win or lose in November - this stuff will fall into the background because the media will stop fanning the flames.

You think it will if Trump wins?

If that happens, I think they might even crank it up a notch.
Sassy Squatch 03:03 PM 08-26-2020
Wildcat strikes have been illegal in the US since 1935.
KC_Connection 03:04 PM 08-26-2020

I don't think the players are doing this for political points. They're doing it because they're angry and upset and think its the right thing to do. This Jacob Blake police shooting won't be the last one of these this year, so why wouldn't it continue to be a thing indefinitely?

Usually when somebody boycotts something it is with a solid objective in mind. When that objective is just general "change," I'm not sure when and how it ends exactly.
DJ's left nut 03:06 PM 08-26-2020
I don't think the players are doing this for political points. They're doing it because they're angry and upset and think its the right thing to do. This Jacob Blake police shooting won't be the last one of these this year, so why wouldn't it continue to be a thing indefinitely?

Usually when somebody boycotts something it is with a solid objective in mind. When that objective is just general "change," I'm not sure when and how it ends exactly.
They're angry because their noses have been rubbed in it for a year or so. The wounds are raw and won't scab over because media and local/state leadership is encouraging and allowing continued escalation of tension.

I think this becomes a dull roar after the election season passes, yes.
Sassy Squatch 03:07 PM 08-26-2020
Kyrie was right.
FloridaMan88 03:08 PM 08-26-2020

The NBA players should follow LeBron James’ advice when it came to supporting the Hong Kong protestors...

Originally Posted by :
So many people could have been harmed not only financially, physically, emotionally, spiritually. So just be careful what we tweet and say and we do, even though, yes, we do have freedom of speech, but there can be a lot of negative that comes with that, too

DJ's left nut 03:09 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
You think it will if Trump wins?

If that happens, I think they might even crank it up a notch.
Eh - to what purpose?

They see a path to a transformation, 1860 style election and they're pulling out all the stops. They're keeping their thumbs on the nitrous button even though the engine is clearly in the red.

Even the left recognizes that if Trump wins this thing, the engine will blow well before 2024 gets here and they'll dial it back. And it won't be because the rank/file loud idiots will do it on their own. Party leaders through their media apparatus and the social organizers will do it.

And things will calm down organically once the Ds stop introducing the catalysts.
KC_Connection 03:10 PM 08-26-2020
They're angry because their noses have been rubbed in it for a year or so. The wounds are raw and won't scab over because media and local/state leadership is encouraging and allowing continued escalation of tension.

I think this becomes a dull roar after the election season passes, yes.
The current political and media landscape in the US has certainly helped lead to this for sure.

Notably, the NBA and NBAPA just jointly issued a statement "postponing" the games today with a blurb at the end about how the games would be rescheduled. Perhaps the boycott will not be indefinite after all, but I guess we should stay tuned.
sedated 03:10 PM 08-26-2020
There is a goal - stopping unnecessary deaths by police - but that goal is 1) relative, and 2) a huge task. Will they boycott after every incident? Will they protest for a decade?
Page 169 of 205
« First < 69119159165166167168169 170171172173179 > Last »
Up