ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 42 of 100
« First < 323839404142 434445465292 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>CBS: The Bills are the team no one, including the Chiefs wants to see in the playoffs
diqlix 09:12 AM 01-04-2021
Mentions the Chiefs several times, so figured you guys would want to see it.

The Bills are the team no one, including the Chiefs wants to see in the playoffs

Forget the Ravens. Forget the Bucs. The team you don't want to play in January is the Buffalo Bills.

With all due respect to the Packers, the AFC's No. 2 overall seed may very well be the second-best team in the NFL.

The Bills crushed the Dolphins 56-26 in a game Miami needed for their playoff hopes. And maybe we didn't see a 30-point win coming, but it's in line with what the Bills have been doing to teams in recent weeks.

Buffalo has had a top-five scoring defense since Week 12. If not for the Hail Murray they would have finished on a 10-game win streak dating back to before Halloween.

And then there's Josh Allen. The third-year franchise quarterback has, in consecutive weeks, set the Bills single-season records for passing touchdowns and passing yards.

What I love most about the Bills is that they aren't even letting teams hang around. Since that Week 10 loss to the Cardinals, not a single team has finished within a possession of the Bills.

I go back to that Week 6 loss to the Chiefs. Head coach Sean McDermott picked his poison and let the Chiefs' run game beat them up so that Patrick Mahomes wouldn't. Kansas City rushed for 245 yards and Mahomes passed for 225 yards.

But with about 5 minutes left in the game and down 23-17, the Bills forced a Clyde Edwards-Helaire fumble that would have given the Bills the ball at the Kansas City 31.

They would have had a chance to take the lead against the Chiefs there. But instead, the replay showed Edwards-Helaire's knee was down just before the ball came out. Mahomes took the Chiefs down for the field goal and that provided the final margin of victory.

Allen is a better quarterback today than he was then. The defense is playing far better ball. And after sweeping the Patriots and beating the likes of the Seahawks and Steelers, the Bills now know how to win big games.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/t...insider-notes/
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 12:54 AM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
1-2 vs AFC playoff teams. Outscored 83-59.
‘6-0 vs. Top 10 scoring defenses’ . . . . . just can’t consistently beat playoff bound teams.

We’ll see how that works out for them in the postseason . . . . .
[Reply]
carcosa 02:46 AM 01-05-2021
I like to jack off!
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 02:48 AM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by carcosa:
I like to jack off!
Hey, I just did that!
[Reply]
carcosa 03:00 AM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
Hey, I just did that!
Hell yeah brother!!!!
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 05:56 AM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by daquix:
And 15th or worse in every other category?

Who was #1 in scoring before last weekend. Watching you refuse to answer is hilarious, but also pathetic.
The last time your team won your division and a playoff game. Our SB Champion and SB MVP quarterback was 3 months old. Yours wasn’t even conceived yet.

Last time our team had a 4 year division winning streak and won our last playoff game (The Super Bowl), your quarterback was 23.

2 1/2 decades you couldn’t win your division even once lmao.
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 07:21 AM 01-05-2021
He has been training in DC
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:44 AM 01-05-2021
Oh, that Dolphins scoring defense!

They’re paper porpoises, propped up by a last place schedule and getting to play two games against the Jets.

The Dolphins had 6 games against top 15 scoring offenses. They gave up 211 points in those games (35 PPG). They gave up 155 points in the 5 games before the blowout Sunday (31 PPG).

They were NOT close to as good on defense as they looked. Congrats on lighting them up, though, I guess.

As always with stats, context matters.

The Chiefs were 5-0 against teams that finished in the top 8 in scoring defense and none of them had the ball in the 4th quarter with a chance to tie or take the lead. Just like the Bills.
[Reply]
Tonka83 07:59 AM 01-05-2021
KC has to make it to the Bills too.

Was just reading the Pats forum and some of them are convinced that KC won’t make it past Baltimore. :-)

Stopped reading at Pats forum....
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:01 AM 01-05-2021
KC has to make it to the Bills too.

Was just reading the Pats forum and some of them are convinced that KC won’t make it past Baltimore. :-)
Lamas has never beat Mahomes. He is 0-2 and neither game was particularly close.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 08:09 AM 01-05-2021
Let's do the QB comparison.

For the Chiefs, Mahomes plays like a Favre/Rodgers hybrid.

For the Bills, Allen plays like a Flacco/Bortles hybrid.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:14 AM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Lamas has never beat Mahomes. He is 0-2 and neither game was particularly close.

0-3. He started the 2018 game, too.

That was the closest one, but the Baltimore defense was also better than it is now or was last year.
[Reply]
Lzen 08:29 AM 01-05-2021
Interesting.

Thank you.

So a strong running game + a freak TE + a good QB is a good recipe for success against KC?

Why do you feel that formula doesn’t work as well against other teams?

It's more than just the way they are built. They put everything into that game at Arrowhead and everything into the rematch. The problem with this strategy is that is might get you a win but then you have let down games because you tied so much mentally and emotionally into the one game. We as Chiefs fans know all too well how this goes from when Marty Schottenheimer used to place so much emphasis on beating the Raiders. His teams didn't always perform very well the next week. Or in the Raiders case, they have been very inconsistent. I suppose it comes down to Carr. Against the Chiefs, he played like an All Pro QB. Against everyone else, it was not always even mediocre.
[Reply]
Lzen 08:36 AM 01-05-2021
lol what stock did I put into their post? All I did was pass along what they said.
Good Lord, this guy is slow.

You shared that read a Pats fan said about the Chiefs chances. That means that you put stock in it. Otherwise, you wouldn't have bothered to share it with us. Now stop with the passive-aggressive crap. :-)
[Reply]
tredadda 08:37 AM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by Tonka83:
Stopped reading at Pats forum....
No clue why a Bills fan would care about the opinion of a Pats fan. Must be Stockholm Syndrome or something.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 08:38 AM 01-05-2021
man, these Bills fans are really invested in the Bills winning it all this year, after 26 years of doing nothing....

I mean, children were born, graduated high school and college (not Bills fans, but just people in general), got married, and had their own children who still haven't seen the Bills do jack yet.

But I digress....

While I want the Chiefs to roll to a second straight Super Bowl win, if they somehow do not, I hope the Bills do win it all

But not because I like the Bills, but rather these idiots light themselves on fire, jump off 10' high platforms, do flips and smash tables when there was nothing to root for (i.e. the ultimate attention whores....)

What are they going to do when they get bounced from the playoffs? They are likely to fling themselves off of buildings in a fiery death (cue guy out the window gif).

On second thought....I can't wait for them to get bounced.....
[Reply]
Page 42 of 100
« First < 323839404142 434445465292 > Last »
Up