ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 25 of 48
« First < 152122232425 2627282935 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>**** Official 2023-24 NHL Thread ****
RockChalk 08:49 AM 09-27-2023
Time to reboot for the upcoming season.

Anyone interested in doing a fun (or even low cost $25) Fantasy NHL League?
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:42 PM 04-30-2024
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
They're really fucking soft. They came out in game 1 (IIRC, maybe game 2) and made a couple weak slashes on Marchand during the opening face off and went out of their way to finish a couple checks.... it was the fakest physical play I've ever seen.

It's like they practiced in the mirror the night before.

Lol, that's about as perfect an analysis as I've ever read about TOR. Thx, rep.

I feel like TOR has never been physical. Or it's been a decade or more. Just soft-ass team. Never going to win shit in the NHL playing like that.
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:50 PM 04-30-2024
Originally Posted by Pepe Silvia:
So they are the Broncos of hockey?
Worse, because they also treat players like it's a video game... there's a lot out there about how aggressive they are at trading players away and really giving no shits if they drafted you in the first round the year before or signed you in the offseason and traded you a few months later, etc.

The entire league hates them. I'm sure some (or a lot) of it is due to their early success, but you'd also expect one day they'd find themselves in Bills territory with the cap (they were practically there last season, yet here they are).

They're a perfect match with the Raiders.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:55 PM 04-30-2024
Huh. We don't get to watch OT?

Nevermind.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:57 PM 04-30-2024
I know I'm supposed to hate TOR, but my hatred for BOS knows no bounds. Would love to see TOR steal this one.
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:00 PM 04-30-2024
YES. Fuck BOS. Whoo-hoo!!!
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:01 PM 04-30-2024
Looks like I'll be attending a game 6.
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:07 PM 04-30-2024
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Worse, because they also treat players like it's a video game... there's a lot out there about how aggressive they are at trading players away and really giving no shits if they drafted you in the first round the year before or signed you in the offseason and traded you a few months later, etc.

The entire league hates them. I'm sure some (or a lot) of it is due to their early success, but you'd also expect one day they'd find themselves in Bills territory with the cap (they were practically there last season, yet here they are).

They're a perfect match with the Raiders.

While this is all probably true, I haven't paid that close attention to VGK's management, but all I know is that they're playing really good hockey. And there's been so much mediocre hockey in these playoffs, it's just nice to watch. DAL also played a heck of a game last night.
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:16 PM 04-30-2024
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
While this is all probably true, I haven't paid that close attention to VGK's management, but all I know is that they're playing really good hockey. And there's been so much mediocre hockey in these playoffs, it's just nice to watch. DAL also played a heck of a game last night.
They're definitely far more entertaining these days.. one reason people hated them when they first joined the league is they played a super annoying clutch/grab/slash style on steroids. It was high energy and I'll give them credit for that, but overall it was awful hockey to watch because they'd routinely get outshot like 30-12, but win games 2-1 off a late turnover or lucky bounce.

They picked up Eichel last season and suddenly became watchable with more offense, and of course won the Cup... and now they have Hertl on top of that and the few guys they've actually held onto for 5 whole years have gotten better.

That's under the hood of my "helps when they're $15 million over the cap" comment... it's good for us, they're far more watchable. But, also fuck them forever.

It's a better brand of hockey for sure.
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:22 PM 04-30-2024
Rosy-cheeked assassin 🥬 🥬
byu/F4rtWaffles inColoradoAvalanche

[Reply]
siberian khatru 08:30 PM 04-30-2024
I’ll give KC Connection credit, he’s got a nice man cave

Let’s check in on the Leafs fan cam 🎥 pic.twitter.com/8SBK3MabMc

— Spittin' Chiclets (@spittinchiclets) May 1, 2024

[Reply]
Bearcat 08:33 PM 04-30-2024
Holy shit. :-)
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:36 PM 04-30-2024
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
I’ll give KC Connection credit, he’s got a nice man cave

He has The Passion all right.
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:49 PM 04-30-2024
I stopped counting around 60 jerseys and hadn't counted the bottom half... so probably 80-100 total.

All for a franchise that hasn't been back to the Cup Finals since they won it in '67.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:00 PM 04-30-2024
Trenin hasn't done much in the box score, but he's been a force on that line... good to see him get one.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:19 PM 04-30-2024
Well, that's fortunate.
[Reply]
Page 25 of 48
« First < 152122232425 2627282935 > Last »
Up