ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3125 of 3903
« First < 2125262530253075311531213122312331243125 31263127312831293135317532253625 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
O.city 01:50 PM 11-16-2020
I get not rushing on safety

But if you have that now, get the shit oit the door and let’s get this moving
[Reply]
sedated 01:51 PM 11-16-2020
People are definitely ignoring social distancing. The bars near me are packed, with tables full of people.

I went out on Sat (I stick to patios) and a friend wanted to take me to a karaoke bar where some other friends were. The main room was full of people, and the people I knew were in a small private room, no masks, door shut, no ventilation. I noped out of that one.
[Reply]
petegz28 01:53 PM 11-16-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
I get not rushing on safety

But if you have that now, get the shit oit the door and let’s get this moving
To your point about masks:

My Son is starting winter soccer tonight. They have to wear a mask while not on the field. One of the Mom's texted the Coaches asking if her Son could wear his mask the whole time. Of course no one has a problem with that.

But let me ask, what is really being prevented if your 1 child is wearing a mask around 19 others that aren't?

But it makes the Mom feel like she is being "extra safe".
[Reply]
petegz28 01:54 PM 11-16-2020
Originally Posted by sedated:
People are definitely ignoring social distancing. The bars near me are packed, with tables full of people.

I went out on Sat (I stick to patios) and a friend wanted to take me to a karaoke bar where some other friends were. The main room was full of people, and the people I knew were in a small private room, no masks, door shut, no ventilation. I noped out of that one.
Why don't you quit pussying around and get it and get it over with already???

I keed...I keed
[Reply]
underEJ 02:00 PM 11-16-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I hated at first wearing a mask but now I am used to it. Here is my hot take, during flu season we should all wear masks in public moving forward. I know it probably won't happen here but it does happen in Asian countries.

I view mask wearing like wearing seat belts and it took a very long time to get people using their seat belts but now it is common.
I know for our company, we've already talked about future flu seasons and what we have learned. Most people feel very strongly that no one who has any symptoms at all should come to work in the future. Since we have our conferencing and remote work game pretty well perfected, it seems totally reasonable to me. We are luckily a very large creative company that can do 90% of our job from home as long as the bandwidth holds up (remotely operating machines that are onsite.)

We also don't think we will ever return to historical meeting sizes on site. All meetings will have a remote capability, and our smallest 50% of meeting rooms are being converted to other uses.

After a survey, almost 25% of people would like to work remotely permanently, another 50% want some flexibility to work remotely part time, and almost 25% want to return to pre-covid in-office hours. Out of the back to normal folks, a good chunk of them don't want their coworkers to work from home either, unless they are sick. They believe the social aspect of the workplace is a defining part of our creative process.

I don't know that I believe that, but I'm willing to at least try to find out what we can recreate to facilitate that same feeling of collaboration for them. At the same time, other companies will offer the flexibility now to attract talent, and we can't say no and expect to retain the best people.
[Reply]
dirk digler 02:06 PM 11-16-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
You gonna pay the bills and salaries if he shuts them down?
The federal gov should
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 02:34 PM 11-16-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
If he hasn't gotten worse since last Monday then most likely he has had what he is going to have. It is very much like the flu, the way you feel. Tired, achy, and just feel like "I'm sick". If he hasn't developed a cough then he is doing very well all things considered.
Hopefully you are right. He hasn't had a cough. He's been taking his temp/oxygen/blood sugar pretty regularly and other than a little bit of a temp every so often, everything else has been in line with where it should be.
[Reply]
O.city 02:38 PM 11-16-2020
Seriously, let’s get some fucking vaccines out the door

If we know their safe now, everyone who has trouble between now and when they come out could be helped

Mass speed this shit
[Reply]
suzzer99 03:52 PM 11-16-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
I don't want to be "that guy", but I'm starting to question the efficacy of masks.

I've been a big supporter of masks since the beginning. I still think their biggest role might be lowering the amount of virus you get when you're around an infectious person. If so, that's still a potentially huge benifit. I will continue wearing my mask each day for this reason alone.

But at this point we're seeing such accelerated spread all over the country and all over the world. We have political leaders standing at podiums telling us we're failing at social distancing, wearing masks, etc. Frankly, it's getting old.

Did the entire world just decide to stop with the masks and social distancing? Is that why cases are going up? I think not. I do think people are tired of the restrictions, but I don't think that's why there is such an increase in cases.

There's something else going on that we're not seeing. Yet.
If the bars are open in your area that's more than enough to counteract people wearing masks to go shopping.

In LA we've had masks and no bars or indoor dining for a few months now. It's not great but our explosion stopped and we're muddling along.
[Reply]
TLO 04:00 PM 11-16-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
If the bars are open in your area that's more than enough to counteract people wearing masks to go shopping.

In LA we've had masks and no bars or indoor dining for a few months now. It's not great but our explosion stopped and we're muddling along.
Do you guys have schools open?
[Reply]
dirk digler 04:03 PM 11-16-2020

Around 100 children are taking part in the trial for Pfizer's COVID-19 vaccine at Cincinnati Children's Hospital, helping to make sure it is safe for kids. https://t.co/LXd34sR1JB

— ABC News (@ABC) November 16, 2020

Originally Posted by :
Pfizer tested the vaccine on adults first and then gradually opened its trials to children, following safety protocols, according to Dr. Robert Frenck, who is leading the trial for Pfizer's COVID-19 vaccine at Cincinnati Children's Hospital.

"In clinical trials, typically what we’re going to do is start in adults and to get information about the vaccine in adults, and then once we have a good handle as far as the safety profile in adults, if it would be a disease it would affect children, then we would be looking to move into testing in children," he said. "We have a very good understanding of the safety from this vaccine in adults … which then allowed us to move down into adolescents."

While children have not faced as many deaths from COVID-19 as adults, particularly people in the high-risk category of being over age 65 and/or having preexisting conditions, they can still get the virus and even more importantly, they can transmit the virus to adults, according to Frenck.

"That's one of the things I’m concerned about, is that a child or adolescent may not realize that they have COVID, they may not be getting that sick, but they have something and they’re transmitting it to their parents or their grandparents," he said. "So that’s why it’s so important to be studying this vaccine and immunizing children and vaccines, too."

Frenck said he wants to assure people, especially parents, that the apparent speed of the vaccine hitting the market does not mean that researchers are "cutting any corners."

"People should feel comfortable that this vaccine and all vaccines for COVID are being tested with great rigor," he said. "We’re doing everything the way that we normally do. If anything we may be compressing the time a little bit by having people work seven days a week and shifts around the clock to be able to collect data, to be able to analyze data, but we’re not cutting any corners."

[Reply]
petegz28 04:16 PM 11-16-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
The federal gov should
I agree. Or the state or the county..whomever is ordering the shut down.
[Reply]
petegz28 04:16 PM 11-16-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:

Wanna substantiate that?
[Reply]
TLO 04:17 PM 11-16-2020
Locally, our daily new cases are staggeringly high. As is our positivity rate.

Yikes.
[Reply]
TLO 04:54 PM 11-16-2020
Better stock up on your toilet paper while you can.. The dominos are starting to fall.

NEW: Philadelphia bans indoor gatherings of any size, public or private. https://t.co/lqVaDefmyq

— Matt McCarthy (@DrMattMcCarthy) November 16, 2020

[Reply]
Page 3125 of 3903
« First < 2125262530253075311531213122312331243125 31263127312831293135317532253625 > Last »
Up