ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3123 of 3903
« First < 2123262330233073311331193120312131223123 31243125312631273133317332233623 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Mr. Plow 11:46 AM 11-16-2020
Just got confirmation that my dad tested positive - along with 6 of his golfing buddies.

He's doing ok - said he doesn't really feel all that bad. Has had a off & on fever for the last couple days & told me today that he lost his sense of taste. Also has a little bit of a stuffy nose and upset stomach.
[Reply]
Pants 11:48 AM 11-16-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Just observations, such as people riding in their cars by themselves with them on. Personally, I know it will be odd at first for me to go into certain places without it.
I can see that.

On the other hand, I lost count of how many times I forgot the mask in my car only to realize it when I get to the door of the store and annoyingly have to go back for it. I have also seen other people do it.

I have also forgotten to take it off in my car on occasion.

I have been wearing a mask well before any "mandates" were issued just because I felt like it was a smart thing to do. I can't wait to get my vaccine and not have to worry about it any more.

And, yes, I am aware that Fauci said it's still a good idea to wear it after you get vaccinated, but I'm okay with there being a 5% chance of it not working on me.
[Reply]
Pants 11:49 AM 11-16-2020
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
Just got confirmation that my dad tested positive - along with 6 of his golfing buddies.

He's doing ok - said he doesn't really feel all that bad. Has had a off & on fever for the last couple days & told me today that he lost his sense of taste. Also has a little bit of a stuffy nose and upset stomach.
I hope his symptoms remain mild, man. Positive thoughts and prayers your way.
[Reply]
stumppy 12:05 PM 11-16-2020
Originally Posted by stumppy:
Well hell. Good friend of mine stopped by for diner last week. The next morning he was sick. A roller coaster of fever and chills along with no energy and general flu like symptoms. He got a covid test Friday, supposed to have results in 24 hrs. He still hasn't heard anything, it looks like the 24 hrs doesn't include the weekend.
I'm still stuck at home, isolating until he get's the results. I feel fine but he's getting worse.

My friends test came back positive. He still feels like shit but hasn't had any respiratory problems so far.
Today makes five days since he was here (last tuesday night), four days since he showed symptoms.
So far I feel fine. I'll be surprised if I don't come down with it considering he had dinner and was here for about three hours
[Reply]
dirk digler 12:06 PM 11-16-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Well, the fact that it was never done in this culture before and now I can see people having trouble not wearing them. Maybe not because of a virus, but because it has almost become part of them. They feel naked without it.
I hated at first wearing a mask but now I am used to it. Here is my hot take, during flu season we should all wear masks in public moving forward. I know it probably won't happen here but it does happen in Asian countries.

I view mask wearing like wearing seat belts and it took a very long time to get people using their seat belts but now it is common.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 12:08 PM 11-16-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I hated at first wearing a mask but now I am used to it. Here is my hot take, during flu season we should all wear masks in public moving forward. I know it probably won't happen here but it does happen in Asian countries.

I view mask wearing like wearing seat belts and it took a very long time to get people using their seat belts but now it is common.
They will be representive of a dark miserable time in our history. I agree, I just don't see it.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 12:09 PM 11-16-2020
Originally Posted by Pants:
I hope his symptoms remain mild, man. Positive thoughts and prayers your way.
Thanks. Clinic told him he had to quarantine for 10 days from first sign of symptoms which was last Monday night. He's been locked up in his house since then. Hoping he's through the worst of it, but I've seen several people the last couple weeks that appeared to be on the way out of it, only to have it kick in worse than before.
[Reply]
petegz28 12:20 PM 11-16-2020
Originally Posted by stumppy:
My friends test came back positive. He still feels like shit but hasn't had any respiratory problems so far.
Today makes five days since he was here (last tuesday night), four days since he showed symptoms.
So far I feel fine. I'll be surprised if I don't come down with it considering he had dinner and was here for about three hours
My Wife and son were in the same house with me 24/7 for my entire sickness and they never showed a symptom.
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:20 PM 11-16-2020

I honestly think that the resistance to masks is more about resistance to change than about any political beliefs. It's not consistent with other behaviors to be a true political stance. It's very consistent with a general resistance to change, and it matches the adoption patterns of other safety behaviors like seat belts. In fact, I might say that mask adoption has been successful because it's happened faster than other behavioral safety changes.

I go running on the weekends, and I wear a mask in case I pass near people. I'm generally running in non-crowded areas, so I pull the mask down off my mouth when I'm by myself, and I pull it up when someone approaches. (Yeah, yeah, not ideal behavior.) I've had times recently where I'll actually forget to pull the mask back down afterwards because I'm used to it. I'll go another couple of blocks before I notice.
[Reply]
dirk digler 12:30 PM 11-16-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I honestly think that the resistance to masks is more about resistance to change than about any political beliefs. It's not consistent with other behaviors to be a true political stance. It's very consistent with a general resistance to change, and it matches the adoption patterns of other safety behaviors like seat belts. In fact, I might say that mask adoption has been successful because it's happened faster than other behavioral safety changes.

I go running on the weekends, and I wear a mask in case I pass near people. I'm generally running in non-crowded areas, so I pull the mask down off my mouth when I'm by myself, and I pull it up when someone approaches. (Yeah, yeah, not ideal behavior.) I've had times recently where I'll actually forget to pull the mask back down afterwards because I'm used to it. I'll go another couple of blocks before I notice.
I agree almost entirely but I believe there is politics playing into some people not wearing masks. I also think those people are dumb.
[Reply]
dirk digler 12:33 PM 11-16-2020
New KCMO restrictions. He should just close indoor restaurants, bars, gyms etc

Here are the new @KCMO #COVID19 guidelines from @MayorLucasKC to help contain the spread @41actionnews pic.twitter.com/40SnLIUAWw

— Andres Gutierrez (@AFGutierrez) November 16, 2020

[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:38 PM 11-16-2020
Originally Posted by Delano:
That feeling is common with any PPE that’s part of routine safety. I felt naked without a hard hat for a while when I stopped doing tree work. The mask isn’t an identity thing as you’re making it out to be. It’s purely safety and empathy and I guess if that’s symbolic then so be it.
Remember when they come up with Seat belt laws? People anf groups protesting Infringement on my rights. Freedom! etc. etc.

Now, 95% of Americans wear a seat belt by choice. A seat belt ticket is a very rare thing, usually a cop being a dick to you or you being a dick to the cop.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:43 PM 11-16-2020
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:

Positive thoughts heading your way and wishing a quick turnaround to normal health for your dad.:-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:46 PM 11-16-2020
I agree almost entirely but I believe there is politics playing into some people not wearing masks. I also think those people are dumb.
Thats the two main reasons.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:50 PM 11-16-2020
1 million positive cases in the last week here in the USA.
[Reply]
Page 3123 of 3903
« First < 2123262330233073311331193120312131223123 31243125312631273133317332233623 > Last »
Up